or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › **Official EMP Owner's Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Official EMP Owner's Thread** - Page 11

post #301 of 3142
This thread needs more pics.
post #302 of 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRELL44 View Post


I've had many Klipsch speakers in the past and I currently have the emp 55ti's.This is a difficult comparison as they are completely different speakers.The horn tweeter is a very effecient design,requiring minimal power to drive.However,it does sound harsh and can become fatiguing.They are good for movies.....for music,not so much.

The emp's are a 3-way design with a fabric dome tweeter and 2 mid-range woofers,much better for music and vocals.....They are a nominal 6ohm speaker,but are easy to drive.The Klipsch are so efficient You could drive them witha mouse on a treadmill(lol).

For me,after having both Polk speakers and the Emp's,i could never go back to Klipsch and the horns....but,that's just me,I'm more of a 2-channel,music person,now....rolling tubes and buying the lastest Dac's.

For home theater,the Klipsch are pretty damn good.I would try out the Emp's,as they have a 30-day return policy....I'm extremely happy with my new 55ti's.....sometimes,it pays off to make a radical change.....hope this helps......peter

Thanks, Peter
post #303 of 3142
I'm new here. Been lurking for a while and following this thread with interest. I myself ordered a set of the E55ti's during the B stock sale. Took about 2 weeks for me to get them. I guess they were swamped. My B stocks looked like A stock. I couldn't find anything wrong with them and I have looked! I just ordered the large center channel and the dual sub. The sale wasn't quite as good as I had hoped it to be so I have to hold off on the surrounds. Anyway, I have a question in regards to the E55Ti towers. The power rating says 50 to 200 watts. Is this RMS rating or is the 200 peak? My current Onkyo Htib receiver doesn't drive these as well as I like so I am considering getting a new A/V receiver but with preouts so I have the option of using external amps if I want to. Anyway, I'm not clear on the power range for these speakers for my equipment consideration. I typed this on the phone app so sorry if any misspellings or such.
post #304 of 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oluver View Post

I'm new here. Been lurking for a while and following this thread with interest. I myself ordered a set of the E55ti's during the B stock sale. Took about 2 weeks for me to get them. I guess they were swamped. My B stocks looked like A stock. I couldn't find anything wrong with them and I have looked! I just ordered the large center channel and the dual sub. The sale wasn't quite as good as I had hoped it to be so I have to hold off on the surrounds. Anyway, I have a question in regards to the E55Ti towers. The power rating says 50 to 200 watts. Is this RMS rating or is the 200 peak? My current Onkyo Htib receiver doesn't drive these as well as I like so I am considering getting a new A/V receiver but with preouts so I have the option of using external amps if I want to. Anyway, I'm not clear on the power range for these speakers for my equipment consideration. I typed this on the phone app so sorry if any misspellings or such.

200 rms. I'm giving my front 3 about 250 each.
post #305 of 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammin86 View Post


200 rms. I'm giving my front 3 about 250 each.

Ok, thanks slammin. Can I ask what you are powering yours with? I'm guessing they do fine with the extra power?
post #306 of 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oluver View Post

Ok, thanks slammin. Can I ask what you are powering yours with? I'm guessing they do fine with the extra power?

Acurus a3-200 rated 200x3 @ 8 ohm and 300x3 @ 4 ohm.
post #307 of 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammin86 View Post


Acurus a3-200 rated 200x3 @ 8 ohm and 300x3 @ 4 ohm.

Thanks again. Pretty frustrating that you have to spend a bunch of money to get a receiver with pre outs. I could deal with my sub par head unit if it had more power. The feature set while not great is good enough for me right now. Since I'm more of a music guy and not so much movies and have a large and unusual room I still like my music loud. So i want the option of more power. I love the emps and it took some begging to get my wife to give in and let me order them (it also helped was my birthday at the time). But she likes the look of them, her being particular on what can go in the room, plus shesmiles when she sees me acting all giddy cranking up some good old rock and roll while kicking back with a beer or two. Hmmm.... Forgot where i was going with this post.....
post #308 of 3142
Anyone else notice the links in the package deals dont match up tot eh right info for each speaker?
post #309 of 3142
Alright I got the E55ti speakers and Center, and WOW they are amazing looking!!! but for wires any suggestions? the run is less then 10' long so 16 gauge maybe? any company I should go with? just a quick few suggestion because I don't want to take away from the speakers them self.
post #310 of 3142
Hey I just made a purchase of the Denon 2112CI reciever and a 5.1 EMP tek speaker set up which includes :
E5Bi Bookshelf Speakers
E5Ci Center Speaker

E5Ti Tower Speakers

ES10i SUBWOOFER.
I have my fios cable set up, wdtv live, and xbox360(mw3).

I ran the wizard/auto set up and it recognized the front towers as small/centers small/bookshelve surrounds small. Should i set the front towers to large?(feel like these speakers have alot more base power than there outputting right now). Is this correct? For bass settings auto set it up as LFE, should i set it to LFE plus main? lfe is set at 120 hz. For cross over freq. it says advanced )front full bad_ but shaded out cant change it, and center is 80hz. I found the volume to be pretty low which seems to be my problem. I have small svs book shelf speakers that have more bass than these so far. I have to set the receiver to -5db which believe has to be messed up. I turned dyn volume off.

Also i set the notice on and there was no firmware update. If i just got the receiver should there be a firmware update or is it already likely updated? I cant see the firmware version in the set up menu.

Also the setup has the Front towers at -5.5db , center at -3.5db, and sub at -7.5db

Should I make any changes to the sub changes? I did what was rec. before running the setup. Should I lower the frequency? on my svs sub upstairs i manually changed it to 80 hz dont know if i should do it for this?

Thanks for the help!!!
post #311 of 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by vv132 View Post

Hey I just made a purchase of the Denon 2112CI reciever and a 5.1 EMP tek speaker set up which includes :
E5Bi Bookshelf Speakers
E5Ci Center Speaker

E5Ti Tower Speakers

ES10i SUBWOOFER.
I have my fios cable set up, wdtv live, and xbox360(mw3).

I ran the wizard/auto set up and it recognized the front towers as small/centers small/bookshelve surrounds small. Should i set the front towers to large?(feel like these speakers have alot more base power than there outputting right now). Is this correct? For bass settings auto set it up as LFE, should i set it to LFE plus main? lfe is set at 120 hz. For cross over freq. it says advanced )front full bad_ but shaded out cant change it, and center is 80hz. I found the volume to be pretty low which seems to be my problem. I have small svs book shelf speakers that have more bass than these so far. I have to set the receiver to -5db which believe has to be messed up. I turned dyn volume off.

Also i set the notice on and there was no firmware update. If i just got the receiver should there be a firmware update or is it already likely updated? I cant see the firmware version in the set up menu.

Also the setup has the Front towers at -5.5db , center at -3.5db, and sub at -7.5db

Should I make any changes to the sub changes? I did what was rec. before running the setup. Should I lower the frequency? on my svs sub upstairs i manually changed it to 80 hz dont know if i should do it for this?

Thanks for the help!!!

If it were me I would start by disabling all the room correction software for the time being. The set the towers to full range and get an idea of the sound they produce. Give them a few days to see if they "loosen up" at all then re run all the room correction software.
post #312 of 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterwaste View Post

Alright I got the E55ti speakers and Center, and WOW they are amazing looking!!! but for wires any suggestions? the run is less then 10' long so 16 gauge maybe? any company I should go with? just a quick few suggestion because I don't want to take away from the speakers them self.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...02&cp_id=10239

16 or 14 is absolutely fine! Don't spend a bundle on wires.....it is a waste of money.
post #313 of 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammin86 View Post

200 rms. I'm giving my front 3 about 250 each.

Me too. Emotiva XPA-3. Sounds wonderfull too. even with low sensitivity teh speakers are still louder than the surrounds that have horn tweeters. ypao had to turn the surrounds a lot louder when calibrated. They dont have that ear piercing horn tweeter sound either.
post #314 of 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammin86 View Post

If it were me I would start by disabling all the room correction software for the time being. The set the towers to full range and get an idea of the sound they produce. Give them a few days to see if they "loosen up" at all then re run all the room correction software.

I agree. After a week of listening the speakers sounded even better to me. People say that they dont have all that great bass, but when I put the E55Ti's in a small room and compaired them to my Klipsch's they prevailed. They sounded soo good down low.
post #315 of 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post

Me too. Emotiva XPA-3. Sounds wonderfull too. even with low sensitivity teh speakers are still louder than the surrounds that have horn tweeters. ypao had to turn the surrounds a lot louder when calibrated. They dont have that ear piercing horn tweeter sound either.

What are your surrounds? My emptek bookshelves should arrive today to serve surround duty.
post #316 of 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammin86 View Post

What are your surrounds? My emptek bookshelves should arrive today to serve surround duty.

Klipsch s1 for the surrounds and some polk's for the surround backs. Let me know how the Emp's sound. I am curious about their surrounds. What are you using right now for your surrounds?
post #317 of 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post

Me too. Emotiva XPA-3. Sounds wonderfull too. even with low sensitivity teh speakers are still louder than the surrounds that have horn tweeters. ypao had to turn the surrounds a lot louder when calibrated. They dont have that ear piercing horn tweeter sound either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post

Klipsch s1 for the surrounds and some polk's for the surround backs. Let me know how the Emp's sound. I am curious about their surrounds. What are you using right now for your surrounds?

Did you ever try them without the amp? I am tempted to try feeding them off of my onkyo just to see what the difference is.

I did have polk m30 surrounds but sold them weeks ago with the m70's and cs2 center for $350.
post #318 of 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammin86 View Post

Did you ever try them without the amp? I am tempted to try feeding them off of my onkyo just to see what the difference is.

I did have polk m30 surrounds but sold them weeks ago with the m70's and cs2 center for $350.

I did connect them to another receiver with the vf-35's that I replaced them with and they were not as loud. Keep in mind that the vf-35's had a sensitivity of 96db.
post #319 of 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post

I agree. After a week of listening the speakers sounded even better to me. People say that they dont have all that great bass, but when I put the E55Ti's in a small room and compaired them to my Klipsch's they prevailed. They sounded soo good down low.

The bass is very,very accurate....We've all become accustomed to how low the woofers go,We've forgotten what "accurate" bass sounds like(myself included).With a fast musical sub,these are very revealing......I have the Revel T-1 and with the 55ti's,it makes for an incredible combo for music.
post #320 of 3142
Anyone get EMP's newsletter today?....it says the current sale is good until 3/31/2012....I don't think you're going to see any "B" stock 55ti's until the sale ends and they get rid of the clearance E5Ti's.
post #321 of 3142
Got my bookshelves today. Packaging was great.









So I hooked them straight to my receiver and played them for a bit without the sub. These sounded much bigger than they were. Very nice soundstage even with them being so close together.



Listened for about 20 min then unhooked them to drill some holes in them. Because I need to wall mount these I had to come up with something.

Before...



After...



Notice anything?

I also removed the rubber foot pads from the bottom.



And finally put a coat of spray wax on them and put them on the wall. LOL. They are not hooked up yet have to go under the house again and secure some wires and cut to length. Last weekend I replaced my old 22 ga htib wire under the house with 12 ga monoprice wire.





It looks like my $747.50 dollar emp tek system is complete. If all goes well I will run audyssey this weekend and be done.
post #322 of 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToHT View Post

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...02&cp_id=10239

16 or 14 is absolutely fine! Don't spend a bundle on wires.....it is a waste of money.

Thanks NewToHT, I think I will go with that!
post #323 of 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammin86 View Post

Got my bookshelves today. Packaging was great.









So I hooked them straight to my receiver and played them for a bit without the sub. These sounded much bigger than they were. Very nice soundstage even with them being so close together.



Listened for about 20 min then unhooked them to drill some holes in them. Because I need to wall mount these I had to come up with something.

Before...



After...



Notice anything?

I also removed the rubber foot pads from the bottom.



And finally put a coat of spray wax on them and put them on the wall. LOL. They are not hooked up yet have to go under the house again and secure some wires and cut to length. Last weekend I replaced my old 22 ga htib wire under the house with 12 ga monoprice wire.





It looks like my $747.50 dollar emp tek system is complete. If all goes well I will run audyssey this weekend and be done.

That is awesome slammin86, will you give us a small review on your final thoughts on the full system?
post #324 of 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterwaste View Post

That is awesome slammin86, will you give us a small review on your final thoughts on the full system?

Yeah when all is hooked up and calibrated and I have some good time listening to it I will.
post #325 of 3142
The e5b look great. Nice to that the sound great too!
post #326 of 3142
has anyone had experience with the surround speakers they offer?
post #327 of 3142
I just posted the E5Ti's I bought last week in the for sale forum. They are absolutely gorgeous in Red Burl for the price and packing truly is first rate. Bass response is more akin to a good bookshelf but so what...you're going to use a sub anyway. Not sure I'd pay $500/pr for them but at $275 they were a treat. They look way above their price range and sound pretty good as well. I was going to use them in a new bedroom system but I have two other setups already and that's enough. I should have taken some pictures before I boxed them back up. Oh well.
post #328 of 3142
why wouldnt u you just return them to emp if you just bought them?
post #329 of 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by vv132 View Post

why wouldnt u you just return them to emp if you just bought them?

No returns on "B" stock items.
post #330 of 3142
Quote:
Originally Posted by vv132 View Post

why wouldnt u you just return them to emp if you just bought them?

Clearance speakers are not returnable except to be replace.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › **Official EMP Owner's Thread**