or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 10  

post #271 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaller View Post

I think "Performance" is re-labeled as "Standard" mode on the KRP's.

According to the manual description, it is the same between Performance (xx20/Elite) and Standard (M/Signature).
post #272 of 4963
i ordered a KRP-600m. will have it early next week. price was just so good i didnt want to wait till promo was over. $2000 lower then a 151 elite.
post #273 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb05 View Post

i ordered a KRP-600m. will have it early next week. price was just so good i didnt want to wait till promo was over. $2000 lower then a 151 elite.

These things are probably the steal of the year.
post #274 of 4963
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpjunkie View Post

ISF or no ISF, getting confused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto View Post

Finally got web control up and running. It contained an ISF link which I promptly clicked. Then it showed me this screen:



I tried a few passwords just for the heck of it. The web page says "Wrong password!" and the 600M flashes a message saying "ISF function is not available in this model".

If someone (with the initials AI ) wants to share the password with me, I'll be happy to investigate further...

Guys, they disabled ISFccc in the firmware (it requires a different firmware - there is no code to enable the ISFccc Interface in the firmware) according to one of my Reps. They simply didn't change the web interface and delete the ISF Option. Trust me, I more than anyone want a functional ISFccc Interface on these North American KRP-M's..

You can try this. if you want to confirm.

Even with the password for the web interface's ISFccc Interface on the Signatures, you can't use it to calibrate the Signatures since the web interface has limited ISFccc controls.

Don't worry about the lack of ISFccc, at the price you guys are getting these at, it's an easy decision. You will be very happy with calibration.

Now, who is going to get a Meter and do a proper DIY calibration..?
post #275 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexInvision View Post

As for the ISF Calibration being turned off on this unit. I have the code to turn the feature back on.

So Turbe, what do you think AlexInvision mean? I am completely confused.
post #276 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

Guys, they disabled ISFccc in the firmware (it requires a different firmware - there is no code to enable the ISFccc Interface in the firmware) according to one of my Reps. They simply didn't change the web interface and delete the ISF Option. Trust me, I more than anyone want a functional ISFccc Interface on these North American KRP-M's..

Yep, looks like turbe is correct -- sorry for doubting you. When I bypass the ISF password screen, I DO get to the ISF web control screen on my computer. However, the 600M flashes that same message saying "ISF function is not available in this model". So it looks a firmware update would be required to enable ISF calibration.
post #277 of 4963
Thread Starter 
Also, I can assure you that I will be looking at all options for an upgrade..

My Rep:
Quote:


I will send your comment to Tokyo teams, thanks.

Down the road, I may run some tests with someone who owns one.....
post #278 of 4963
Shame on you, AlexInvision, for teasing us like that

OK, so who can hack firmware for us...lol...j/k
post #279 of 4963
Thread Starter 
Roberto, I linked to a few of your pics in Post #3
post #280 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

Shame on you, AlexInvision, for teasing us like that

OK, so who can hack firmware for us...lol...j/k

I'm sure he meant no harm.

Besides, with all of the dedicated, obsessed minds on this Forum, I'm sure someone will figure out a way crack the ISF riddle if it is possible.
post #281 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaller View Post

I'm sure he meant no harm

I know, I was just teasin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaller View Post

Besides, with all of the dedicated, obsessed minds on this Forum, I'm sure someone will figure out a way crack the ISF riddle if it is possible.

We can all cross our fingers and hope so
post #282 of 4963
Quick question on the xxxM's: Can you store different picture adjustment settings (both "basic" and "advanced") for each AV selection (except Optimum and Dynamic) for each input?

Thanks!
post #283 of 4963
iam getting alot of messages for where i got it, monitoroutlet. instead responding to each message. the price is on the site, it will take about a week to get it shipped. the price on the site includes insured shipping inside of your door.
post #284 of 4963
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmflip View Post

Quick question on the xxxM's: Can you store different picture adjustment settings (both "basic" and "advanced") for each AV selection (except Optimum and Dynamic) for each input?

Thanks!

The have 8 memories like the Signatures for the standard AV Selections and are based on Input Signal.

i.e. Pure for 1080p/60, Pure for 1080i

You cannot manually select which to use, it's based on Input Signal.

Also, you want to be careful, the memories can cycle and settings lost.

More info:

http://www.controlcal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101
http://www.controlcal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82
post #285 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

The have 8 memories like the Signatures for the standard AV Selections and are based on Input Signal.

i.e. Pure for 1080p/60, Pure for 1080i

You cannot manually select which to use, it's based on Input Signal.

Also, you want to be careful, the memories can cycle and settings lost.

More info:

http://www.controlcal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101
http://www.controlcal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82

Thanks, Turbe. But, by "input" I meant, for example, Input 4(DVI, i.e. HTPC) vs Input 5 (HDMI, i.e Cable PVR). Again, for example, can I have discrete picture adjustments for AV mode "X" for the HTPC and different discrete picture adjustments for AV mode "X" for the Cable PVR?

I hope I'm not causing additional confusion.

Thanks!
post #286 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb05 View Post

i ordered a KRP-600m. will have it early next week. price was just so good i didnt want to wait till promo was over. $2000 lower then a 151 elite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaller View Post

These things are probably the steal of the year.

The great deal is only on this 60" monitor as the 50" monitor version is still more expensive than the 5020 (or the same price, at best). If the feature & aesthetic differences in the KRP-500M are more appealing then of course that would be the one to choose, but if price is your first priority then the 5020 can be had for cheaper.
post #287 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpjunkie View Post

This thread is more on the edge of my seat than a rollercoaster. What were the steps you used for your Macbook to 600m? Let's hope you get a password and well you know......

For those of you on Mac OS X, this is what I did to access the web interface:

1. Plug a CROSS-OVER ethernet cable into the back of the KRP. Plug the other end into the ethernet port on your Mac.

Note: if you don't have a cross-over cable, you can do the same thing using two regular cables and an inexpensive ethernet hub: plug the KRP into the hub using one regular ethernet cable, then do the same thing with your Mac.

2. Follow the instructions on page 68 of the user manual to obtain the IP address for the KRP. I left the KRP set on DHCP.

3. Open System Preferences on your Mac and click the Network item.

4. Select the "Built-in Ethernet" item from the list on the left.

5. Click the Configure popup menu and choose "Using DHCP with manual address".

6. In the IP Address field, enter the IP address from step 2, but add 1 to the last digit. For example, if the KRP's IP address is "192.168.001.001", enter "192.168.001.002".

7. Launch Safari and turn off pop-up window blocking (ie. make sure "Block Pop-Up Windows" in the Safari menu is unchecked).

8. Enter the KRP's IP address in Safari's address field (eg. enter "192.168.001.001").

9. You *should* see a web page called "Web control system login". Enter "admin" in the password field.

At this point, a new window will open in Safari with the web control interface. You can change any of the standard settings on the TV directly from your web browser.

There are also some Email settings that instruct the KRP to send you emails when various events occur. For example, you can tell it to send you an email every 250 hours detailing its usage time.

Accessing the web control system is an interesting experiment, but it doesn't seem to be particularly useful for end users. Most of the web interface simply replicates features that are already available using the remote control directly.
post #288 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post

The great deal is only on this 60" monitor as the 50" monitor version is still more expensive than the 5020 (or the same price, at best). If the feature & aesthetic differences in the KRP-500M are more appealing then of course that would be the one to choose, but if price is your first priority then the 5020 can be had for cheaper.

One of the forum sponsors is selling the 500M for roughly $50 more than what the 5020 usually goes for online.

Of course, with the 500M you have full adjustability and Pure mode, so I'd be willing to lose 2 HDMI ports for that.
post #289 of 4963
fair enough. Just wanted to point out that the price wasn't better than the 5020, which is the impression I had gotten from one of Roberto's earlier posts (a few or more days ago), whether he intended it to be interpreted the way I interpreted his post or not.
post #290 of 4963
Has anyone had luck getting a stand for the 500M? I'd love to get one of these but I don't want to wall mount.
post #291 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post

fair enough. Just wanted to point out that the price wasn't better than the 5020, which is the impression I had gotten from one of Roberto's earlier posts (a few or more days ago), whether he intended it to be interpreted the way I interpreted his post or not.

Depending on where you buy the 5020 from, it may or may not be the better deal. I'll just say that I've seen it offered for $50 more than the lowest price that I've ever seen on the 5020.

There are tradeoffs with what you get, but on the whole I think the upside to the M is much greater than the non-Elite Kuros.
post #292 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaller View Post

One of the forum sponsors is selling the 500M for roughly $50 more than what the 5020 usually goes for online.

Of course, with the 500M you have full adjustability and Pure mode, so I'd be willing to lose 2 HDMI ports for that.

You do lose 2 HDMI, but pick up one DVI which can be used for HDMI (albeit only for RGB color). So you are only down one digital input. You also lose 2 composite and the S-video port too, but those are probably less important for most people.
post #293 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaller View Post

One of the forum sponsors is selling the 500M for roughly $50 more than what the 5020 usually goes for online.

Of course, with the 500M you have full adjustability and Pure mode, so I'd be willing to lose 2 HDMI ports for that.

I believe you can use the DVI-D port for HDMI (without sound). All you need is an adapter or a cable with hdmi to DVI-D because the DVI-D is believe to be HDCP compliant. So you only lose one HDMI.
post #294 of 4963
Well, to keep it short and sweet, my 600M just arrived and shipped right back out. Thats right, cracked screen !

The place I bought from thinks that there may be a bad batch of them that came in. Maybe beat up on the transport ships or whatever they came in on. I had my fingers crossed, but no cigar. This sucks!
post #295 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post

fair enough. Just wanted to point out that the price wasn't better than the 5020, which is the impression I had gotten from one of Roberto's earlier posts (a few or more days ago), whether he intended it to be interpreted the way I interpreted his post or not.

Yeah, I've never checked pricing on the 500M so I can't comment on how it compares to the 5020. I assumed we would see the same relative price drop as the 6020 -> 600M, but apparently that's not the case.

The fact that the 5020 and 500M are similar in price suggests that the profit margin is getting pretty small at the current price point. And the relative price of the 600M suggests that there's a bigger profit margin built into the 6020 at current prices than the 5020. But don't quote me on that; it's pure speculation on my part. The prices could simply reflect the current state of supply and demand.

I will say that if I were in the market for a 50" Kuro today, I would definitely opt for the 500M over the 5020.
post #296 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

Well, to keep it short and sweet, my 600M just arrived and shipped right back out. Thats right, cracked screen !

The place I bought from thinks that there may be a bad batch of them that came in. Maybe beat up on the transport ships or whatever they came in on. I had my fingers crossed, but no cigar. This sucks!

Wow, so that makes both you and mlb11. Sorry to hear it. And you got them from the same place (i.e. not Monitor Outlet, forgot the name)! Hopefully you both get replacements quickly. If the story about the bad batch turns out to be true, I wonder just how many got destroyed?
post #297 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

Well, to keep it short and sweet, my 600M just arrived and shipped right back out. Thats right, cracked screen !

The place I bought from thinks that there may be a bad batch of them that came in. Maybe beat up on the transport ships or whatever they came in on. I had my fingers crossed, but no cigar. This sucks!

Shoot! That's really bad luck!!! At this rate, Pioneer will have a 20-year supply of replacement parts -- as long as you don't need to replace the glass...
post #298 of 4963
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndisgii View Post

Well, to keep it short and sweet, my 600M just arrived and shipped right back out. Thats right, cracked screen !

The place I bought from thinks that there may be a bad batch of them that came in. Maybe beat up on the transport ships or whatever they came in on. I had my fingers crossed, but no cigar. This sucks!

I have a suggestion since I have a good handle on how these are being distributed.

I suggest you purchase from well known and preferably Forum Sponsors who use reputable shipping companies. Please check out your Reseller at Resellerratings.com.

MAKE SURE YOU GET 2-MAN INSIDE DELIVERY - You want to be able to do an inspection with them there.

They may be several questionable resellers offering the KRP-M's using questionable shipping companies or shipping options..

just my suggestion...
post #299 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto View Post

Yeah, I've never checked pricing on the 500M so I can't comment on how it compares to the 5020. I assumed we would see the same relative price drop as the 6020 -> 600M, but apparently that's not the case.............. {etc.}

thanks for clarifying.
post #300 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

I suggest you purchase from well known and preferably Forum Sponsors who use reputable shipping companies. Please check out your Reseller at Resellerratings.com.

That's great advice but as far as I know, unfortunately no forum sponsors carry the x00M. Isn't that right?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Thread