or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 104  

post #3091 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by giacamo2 View Post

How is supply of 101's looking? Understand they're making less than 500M's and 111's.

It is fine There is a supply thread where all the info is posted
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...+supply&page=9
is the link
post #3092 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0HNNY H0PK1NS View Post

Been thinking the exact same

Me too. I was familiar with the 5020/6020, and the Elite models, but I had never heard of the 500M/600M, until I came to these forums.

It seems odd that the 500M/600M web page isn't available from the Pioneer web site (at least that I have found), except from the hidden "Other" link:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...Monitors/Other
post #3093 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership View Post

I wish you would have discovered this a few weeks ago.
So all us guys rushing out the get 111FD's pretty much got beat?

Well, Elite owners still have the ISF modes, which are pretty spectacular.

If someone discovers a way to unlock/restore ISF modes on the M monitors...good grief...
post #3094 of 4963
I would personally rather have the ISFccc modes of the 111FD vs the improved blacks of the 500M.

A 101FD, on the other hand....*drool*

If only I had known before.

Hey Roman, I'll trade you a spotless, slightly used and professionally calibrated 111FD for a new 101FD. Mine even comes with speakers and a stand.
post #3095 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak99 View Post

Dammit! I might have to drop some hints to the finacee that we need yet another Kuro - a 500M for the bedroom! And she thought I was crazy for upgrading the 7-mo old (to us at least) Hitachi 55HDX99 to the 141...

But to be clear - we love the 141, amazing black levels, especially compared to the old Hitachi...scary to think that the 500M takes it a few steps farther than the 141...wow!

500m in the bedroom brings smiles to everyone, just take the plunge- your significant other will thank you in more ways than one...
post #3096 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird8450 View Post


Hey Roman, I'll trade you a spotless, slightly used and professionally calibrated 111FD for a new 101FD. Mine even comes with speakers and a stand.


I will think about it. BUT you might actually be able to get good money for your 111 shortly since they are becoming VERY hard to find and 101's will be here for a little longer
post #3097 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

I will think about it. BUT you might actually be able to get good money for your 111 shortly since they are becoming VERY hard to find and 101's will be here for a little longer

About how much, on average, does a 101 cost over a 500M?
post #3098 of 4963
Quote:
I will think about it. BUT you might actually be able to get good money for your 111 shortly since they are becoming VERY hard to find and 101's will be here for a little longer

I am actually giving that some consideration.

I have no need for the speakers/tuner, so the 101FD would work...I'd just need to buy a stand for it.

So there you go, my 111 for a 101, plus you can sell me the stand, too. It's win-win.
post #3099 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaller View Post

About how much, on average, does a 101 cost over a 500M?

TO the posts above I cant talk about that because of the rules as I respect them as well as we all should
post #3100 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

driver and glass mods.

By driver, do you mean software? Also, could you be more specific on how the glass is different?
post #3101 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhaller View Post

Well, Elite owners still have the ISF modes, which are pretty spectacular.

If someone discovers a way to unlock/restore ISF modes on the M monitors...good grief...

its crazy when you think about the fact that they went through the trouble of putting better tech in the 500m but at the same time locked the isf modes. i really do not know what to think of that one.
post #3102 of 4963
I wonder what the European 500M's are like - they HAVE the ISF modes...
post #3103 of 4963
GOT A PROBLEM.

When watching cable tv, which i might add is the only input on my 600m that is not set to dot by dot i have some kind of offset image of the proper image on the left side of my screen. its about a half an inch thick running up the complete left side on full 1 mode. its not underscan because when i display espn hd and the logos on the non hd stuff on both sides fo the screen, the vertical espn logo on the right side bar is farther in than the left side and its still there. i can eleviate the problem by moving the picture further left but that only worsens the centering of the picture. it looks like the last half inch of picture is slightly lower by a cm compared to the rest of the picture and is visible with moving objects near the edge of the screen. i do no have this problem with xbox and blu ray as those are both set to 1080p and dot by dot. my cable is set to 1080i with full mode 1. i have had this same cable box for three years and have never had it do this to me with my 9uk. i started seeing the problem when i hooked up the 600m. also note this problem does not happen on sd cable sources, just hd. is there a problem with my set or my cable box here? any help appreciated. thanks in advance.
post #3104 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

its crazy when you think about the fact that they went through the trouble of putting better tech in the 500m but at the same time locked the isf modes. i really do not know what to think of that one.

They didn't lock them. ISFccc is locked on the Elites, it's presumed to not be in the KRP/K code unlike the KRP/T or /Y (non-North America) code. As is being thrashed out on the 9G thread, Pioneer's actions seem odd and their motivations opaque.
post #3105 of 4963
Member


I have a Pioneer KRP-TS02 50" Plasma stand.If anyone is interested or looking for one.PM me if interested pls do not post here,i don`t want any unnecessary remarks or beef from moderaters what not.
This product is a table top stand exclusively designed

for Pioneer displays and televisions (PDP-LX5090 / PDPLX5090H

/ PDP-LX509A /PDP-C509A / KRP-500P / KRP-

500M,PRO-101FD,PRO-111FD).
post #3106 of 4963
My KRP-600M arrives today and I came over and poked my head in this thread (in anticipation of reading all of it once it's out of the box) and I have to see all this stuff about how the 500Ms are newer/better 10G-ish tech than the 600Ms

Sigh.
post #3107 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Nrrrd View Post

My KRP-600M arrives today and I came over and poked my head in this thread (in anticipation of reading all of it once it's out of the box) and I have to see all this stuff about how the 500Ms are newer/better 10G-ish tech than the 600Ms

Sigh.

Let's now get carried away here, folks. I, for one, have no regrets over choosing the 600m. 60 inches of plasma greatness, thank you very much. Sure, the latest 50 inchers may have slightly better blacks, but I'd be hard pressed to believe that standing the two side-by-side while watching a blue-ray movie or HDTV will illustrate that much of a difference.
post #3108 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Nrrrd View Post

My KRP-600M arrives today and I came over and poked my head in this thread (in anticipation of reading all of it once it's out of the box) and I have to see all this stuff about how the 500Ms are newer/better 10G-ish tech than the 600Ms

Sigh.

I call it propaganda. The dealers are trying to move the last of the 500M stock which is quite a bit more than the 600M stock.

Here's what probably went down sometime last week.

Dealer "Lenny": "Hey Sammy, How do I move this excess stock of 500M's?"
Dealer "Sammy": "Geeez Lenny, I don't know. We got a bunch of suckers on the avsforums. These guys would trade their family's for more KURO's but they all want the larger 600M's."
Dealer "Lenny": "Hey, I got it! Lets tell them the 500M's are superior!"
Dealer "Sammy": "Uh... How do you plan on doing that Lenny?"
Dealer "Lenny": "What if we tell these suckers Pioneer used alien technology to achieve black-hole type blackness on the 500M's. We could call it 10G KURO technology!"
Dealer "Sammy": "We could even get a couple reputable forum members to back the claim"
Dealer "Lenny": "Sammy, have you checked the forums lately? They bought on to it, the orders are pouring in!!!!"

J/K

post #3109 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by aross99 View Post

I wonder what the European 500M's are like - they HAVE the ISF modes...

I believe the European 500M's are roughly equivalent to the North American Signature 101. There may be a few small differences, but both have the same form factor and ISFccc modes.
post #3110 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknikk7 View Post

I call it propaganda. The dealers are trying to move the last of the 500M stock which is quite a bit more than the 600M stock.

Here's what probably went down sometime last week.

Dealer "Lenny": "Hey Sammy, How do I move this excess stock of 500M's?"
Dealer "Sammy": "Geeez Lenny, I don't know. We got a bunch of suckers on the avsforums. These guys would trade their family's for more KURO's but they all want the larger 600M's."
Dealer "Lenny": "Hey, I got it! Lets tell them the 500M's are superior!"
Dealer "Sammy": "Uh... How do you plan on doing that Lenny?"
Dealer "Lenny": "What if we tell these suckers Pioneer used alien technology to achieve black-hole type blackness on the 500M's. We could call it 10G KURO technology!"
Dealer "Sammy": "We could even get a couple reputable forum members to back the claim"
Dealer "Lenny": "Sammy, have you checked the forums lately? They bought on to it, the orders are pouring in!!!!"

J/K


Your joke isn't funny
post #3111 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by aross99 View Post

I wonder what the European 500M's are like - they HAVE the ISF modes...

The EU 500M and 500A share the same PDP module as the NA 500M and 101FD.
post #3112 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoff01 View Post

Let's now get carried away here, folks. I, for one, have no regrets over choosing the 600m. 60 inches of plasma greatness, thank you very much. Sure, the latest 50 inchers may have slightly better blacks, but I'd be hard pressed to believe that standing the two side-by-side while watching a blue-ray movie or HDTV will illustrate that much of a difference.


Exactly. I upgraded from a 500m to a 600m and can honestly say that I don't regret it one bit. If the 500m was darker, I sure couldn't tell. Plus the 600m makes my old 500m look small .
post #3113 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Your joke isn't funny

If he didnt say it I would have said the same thing, but probably more angry
post #3114 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Review? Doubt it. Settings? Absolutely.

That's awesome. Can't wait to see it posted.
post #3115 of 4963
Can anyone with first hand experience try to explain the difference between black levels on the 500M/101FD to a 600M/141FD/151FD in a pitch black room? The black levels of the 500M/101FD aren't to the level of Pioneer's ECC, or are they?

I've read some people saying that the blacks are indistinguishable from the bezel, but also reports that you can notice a difference. I understand the blacks are darker/deeper, but by how much? On my 600M, there IS a difference between the bezel and the display in a dark room. Just wondering where the 500M/101FD compares to the rest of the 9th Gen Kuros and Pioneer's ECC (which, unfortunately never made it to the market ).
post #3116 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

TO the posts above I cant talk about that because of the rules as I respect them as well as we all should

I apologize if in my excitement I overstepped my boundaries and brought the wrath upon my ignorant self and look forward to seeing the Forum Police treat any and all violators with the same... even those who are recommended by other members and have opinions of said members efforts to service their HD needs. Thanks for the heads up.
post #3117 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

GOT A PROBLEM.

When watching cable tv, which i might add is the only input on my 600m that is not set to dot by dot i have some kind of offset image of the proper image on the left side of my screen. its about a half an inch thick running up the complete left side on full 1 mode. its not underscan because when i display espn hd and the logos on the non hd stuff on both sides fo the screen, the vertical espn logo on the right side bar is farther in than the left side and its still there. i can eleviate the problem by moving the picture further left but that only worsens the centering of the picture. it looks like the last half inch of picture is slightly lower by a cm compared to the rest of the picture and is visible with moving objects near the edge of the screen. i do no have this problem with xbox and blu ray as those are both set to 1080p and dot by dot. my cable is set to 1080i with full mode 1. i have had this same cable box for three years and have never had it do this to me with my 9uk. i started seeing the problem when i hooked up the 600m. also note this problem does not happen on sd cable sources, just hd. is there a problem with my set or my cable box here? any help appreciated. thanks in advance.

anyone? if someone could tell me what this is called i can atleast search it myself. thanks.
post #3118 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

anyone? if someone could tell me what this is called i can atleast search it myself. thanks.

What happens when you feed a 1080i signal from another source to the same input?
post #3119 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by carftopher View Post

Can anyone with first hand experience try to explain the difference between black levels on the 500M/101FD to a 600M/141FD/151FD in a pitch black room? The black levels of the 500M/101FD aren't to the level of Pioneer's ECC, or are they?

I've read some people saying that the blacks are indistinguishable from the bezel, but also reports that you can notice a difference. I understand the blacks are darker/deeper, but by how much? On my 600M, there IS a difference between the bezel and the display in a dark room. Just wondering where the 500M/101FD compares to the rest of the 9th Gen Kuros and Pioneer's ECC (which, unfortunately never made it to the market ).

Apparently the difference is as great as going from 8G to 9G! But still not ECC...
post #3120 of 4963
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

what happens when you feed a 1080i signal from another source to the same input?

ill have to try that when i get home. Ill try to post some pics of the problem too so someone knows what they are looking at. Thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's Discussion Thread