or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Home Theater In A Box › Onkyo HT-R667 (ht-s6100) vs TX-SR606 (HT-S7100)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Onkyo HT-R667 (ht-s6100) vs TX-SR606 (HT-S7100)

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Hi All,

My first thread here .
I am sure some of you will point me to do some search, but believe me I spent some time searching for the accurate answer, and didn't find it ..
So here it is:
What I understood both Onkyo HTiB have the same receivers as power and features but in the same time I noticed they have different AV receivers: HT-R667 (6100) and TX-SR606 (7100). In some reviews I read that one of them (ht-r667) is a little more powerful. If so, why the heck Onkyo downgraded the receiver with their supposedly newer set of home theater in box?
Please help me before I purchase. I found the specs for 606, but couldn't for 667..

Thanks!
post #2 of 19
the 667 is simply a more powerful (slightly modified) versions of the 606.
so, they're pretty much the same receiver.

honestly?
if i were you.

i'd go for the 6100.
its the same system, except without speaker stands, sirius ready, and not as good of an ipod dock.

id save the money for what i consider the "unnecessary items" in the package.

also, the 6100 and 7100 were released at the same time.
so neither one is newer than the other.
post #3 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMx Reaper xMx View Post

the 667 is simply a more powerful (slightly modified) versions of the 606.
so, they're pretty much the same receiver.

honestly?
if i were you.

i'd go for the 6100.
its the same system, except without speaker stands, sirius ready, and not as good of an ipod dock.

id save the money for what i consider the "unnecessary items" in the package.

also, the 6100 and 7100 were released at the same time.
so neither one is newer than the other.

Thanks man

Thats what I thought. So now next step is to find the best price .
It seems this item is so hot now, its sold out everywhere accept at my local CirCity store where the price is ridiculous.
post #4 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMx Reaper xMx View Post

the 667 is simply a more powerful (slightly modified) versions of the 606.
so, they're pretty much the same receiver.

honestly?
if i were you.

i'd go for the 6100.
its the same system, except without speaker stands, sirius ready, and not as good of an ipod dock.

id save the money for what i consider the "unnecessary items" in the package.

also, the 6100 and 7100 were released at the same time.
so neither one is newer than the other.

How is the 667 more powerful than the 606. Both are rated 130W per channel 8 ohms, 1khz.

Check the specs for each system.

http://onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=HT-S...ss=Systems&p=s

http://onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=HT-S...ss=Systems&p=s
post #5 of 19
They might be showing some ad copy measuring the HT-R667 at a different THD percentage than the TX-SR606. If they were measured at the same THD, I'd bet they would come out the same.

Onkyo tends to do that with their HTIB specs. My receiver is a HT-R540, which was almost a clone of the TX-SR504, but some ad copies showed a higher wattage with the 540, but at a higher THD.
post #6 of 19
Mike, the best place that i could find the 6100 in stock was at www.us-appliance.com

they have a good price, around 538 shipped i believe?
post #7 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMx Reaper xMx View Post

Mike, the best place that i could find the 6100 in stock was at us-appliance.com

they have a good price, around 538 shipped i believe?

Thanks for your advice,

I read good feedbacks about US Appliance, so I'll purchase it from there. Unfortunately they don't work today. Even though I doubt they have it in stock. There is no online store that has it at the time. Some guys here have mentioned about matching price at CirCity with us-appliance, but as far as I know CirCity honor only retail price match.

I am really newbie in this field. After all here is what I picked up (for my bedroom):
TV: Samsung LN40A650 purchased at 6ave after 6% discount by applied code, price shipped: $1156.16 (backordered)
HTiB: Onkyo HT-S6100. I will purchase it tomorrow from US Appliance (dont know the price yet. I'm pretty sure it will be backordered too
BD player: Panasonic DMP-BD35, purchased from HIDEF Lifestyle, price shipped: $259.99 (backordered)
After I get the HtiB, I'll purchase bigger wires per suggestions here.

It seems everything I pick is somehow a hot selling item on the market now and none of the good stores has it in stock ..
Regards
post #8 of 19
It was the holiday season. Might be mid-January before the stocks are replenished.
post #9 of 19
no problem mike.

also, isn't the fact that the things you purchased are backordered somewhat of a good thing?

in a way its kind of a way to say to you "hey man, these things are popular, they must be good."

i know that doesn't apply to everything, but with the 6100, i know you won't be disappointed.
post #10 of 19
Curious.. I've been looking at the same 2 also. But on the back I noticed the 606 has a Zone 2 connection. I assume for dual zones? The HT-R667 doesn't appear to have that.

Also does the receiver in the 6100 package have the audio come through HDMI (instead of just passthrough) like the 7100 ?
post #11 of 19
Yeah, they're both HDMI audio capable receivers.

The 606 looks like it supports both zone 2 speakers (by wire) and zone 2 output for an external stereo amp. The 667 I think just does the A/B speaker setup.
post #12 of 19
I ordered mine from US Appliance a few months ago (or so) and it work great, and they handled everything perfectly. I think mine was 580 (shipping and "gas" charge).
post #13 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by forcedfedgtp View Post

I ordered mine from US Appliance a few months ago (or so) and it work great, and they handled everything perfectly. I think mine was 580 (shipping and "gas" charge).

I just placed an order with them over the phone. The total was ~$560 (shipped to Florida). The guy on the phone didn't mention gas surcharge. I hope the price I was quoted is final .
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefrombg View Post

I just placed an order with them over the phone. The total was ~$560 (shipped to Florida). The guy on the phone didn't mention gas surcharge. I hope the price I was quoted is final .

That probably is with the $30 fuel surcharge. They have a special going until Monday with free shipping (with the surcharge).
post #15 of 19
Does the apple iphone 3g work with the dock in the Onkyo ht-6100???
post #16 of 19
Go to the Onkyo website, The info should be available there.
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm2112 View Post

Does the apple iphone 3g work with the dock in the Onkyo ht-6100???

Yes. The iPhone says not supported but it still works.
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAlert View Post

Yes. The iPhone says not supported but it still works.

Does it give the garble/chatter from the interference from the phone signal upon the electronics? How about with the 7100?
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyengineer View Post

Does it give the garble/chatter from the interference from the phone signal upon the electronics? How about with the 7100?

I think 3G negates this. IIRC the problem exists with 2G signals (EDGE). I haven't heard any interference on the 6100 (I don't use an iPhone so I can't really comment anymore on this. I used my sisters phone to test it).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater In A Box
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Home Theater In A Box › Onkyo HT-R667 (ht-s6100) vs TX-SR606 (HT-S7100)