or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › 2009 Vizio XVT Series: 240Hz, USB input, LED backlight [NO PRICE TALK]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2009 Vizio XVT Series: 240Hz, USB input, LED backlight [NO PRICE TALK] - Page 8

post #211 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

Damm, I was just at that Frys last night and didnt even think to ask them if they had the speaker fabric.

C.C. good suggestion, I have one a few blocks away from me, or at least I think its still there.

Speaking of C.C., I went in there last week just for fun to check out their blow-out prices, what a joke,,, the stuff with the 30, 40 and 50% off tags were still more expensive than the everyday average selling prices at other stores.

I kinda felt bad to see C.C. going out of business but after walking in there and seeing how bad they are tring to screw people with the fake discounts I wasnt feeling bad for C.C any longer.

Cheers
Davyo


Actually it's not C.C. They truned ALL inventory over to 3 liquidating companies. It's those companies that determin what the prices are.
post #212 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post

If they did their heads would probaly explode by all the posts from the anal nit pickers in the AVS forums!
LOL!

Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Noyd View Post

You are being heard. thanks for the input.

Hey Jim, thanks.
I know there has been much said around here about the soundbar on the 550 and 551 (CES pictures) and I think the reason the soundbar has generated so much feedback is out of love.
A warm and fuzzy for Vizio,,,,,, the 55 incher really is a great LCD with a GREAT picture and some very nice features at a price thats more than fair.
The 55 incher was/is so close to being one of the nicest LCD's to be had and then it gets ruined with that soundbar and everybody is just looking at it thinking,,, what happened ???? ,,, why would Vizio stick this this "thing" on the bottom of such a nice TV ???

The 55" Vizio is like dating the hottest girl in town, she has a great personality, killer body, super nice and fun to be with,,, except for one thing, she's got this big giant huge mole with hairs growing out of it and its right on her face, and were not talkin small beauty mark sized mole,,, this is a huge mole about the size of your thumb, and you do everything you can to stop staring at it but you cant.
She can have the mole safely removed but doesnt because she has no idea how much everyone hate's it, and is staring at it, and counting how many hairs are growing out of it.
You get up your nerve, and out of love for how perfect she is, you tell her that she needs to get that huge mole removed from her face.
So as you can see,, the 55" Vizio is just like the hot perfect chick with the big giant mole.

Geeze, I hope my girlfriend doesnt see this post

Cheers
Davyo
post #213 of 4988
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Noyd View Post

You are being heard. thanks for the input.

Thanks for the reply, Jim... Maybe it'll finally quell the perpetual whining.
post #214 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwracer View Post

Thanks for the reply, Jim... Maybe it'll finally quell the perpetual whining.

Lets hope this set brings back the cool Vizio used to have when they first released the Bravo D1.
post #215 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwracer View Post

Thanks for the reply, Jim... Maybe it'll finally quell the perpetual whining.

I for one will quell my whining, knowing that Jim and Vizio are aware of AVS and the Vizio releated threads is nice to hear.
In furture post I will refrain from mentioning the part of the Vizio 55 incher that I wont mention .


Question for you Jim,,, any idea other than what we have all seen and read on when the 551 will be getting released ?
Thanks in advance.


Cheers
Davyo
post #216 of 4988
Looks like July.
post #217 of 4988
Jim, will the 2009 47" XVT set be coming out earlier than the 551? or will it be July for that too?
post #218 of 4988
why is everybody so gooey that Jim Noyd of Noyd Communications is looking in on this post. he is not part of vizio.

noyd communications is a pr and advertising agency. they are not product reps. they do the pr for vizio, successfully apparently. while they may have some input to the brass at vizio, their job is not engineering and design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim noyd's signature View Post

Jim Noyd
Noyd Communications Inc.
Representing VIZIO, DVDO,
K2 Mounts, SRS Labs,
Sherwood, SANYO Projectors,
Stewart Filmscreen


http://noydcom.com/



TVbc
post #219 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

Damm, I was just at that Frys last night and didnt even think to ask them if they had the speaker fabric.

C.C. good suggestion, I have one a few blocks away from me, or at least I think its still there.

Speaking of C.C., I went in there last week just for fun to check out their blow-out prices, what a joke,,, the stuff with the 30, 40 and 50% off tags were still more expensive than the everyday average selling prices at other stores.

I kinda felt bad to see C.C. going out of business but after walking in there and seeing how bad they are tring to screw people with the fake discounts I wasnt feeling bad for C.C any longer.

Cheers
Davyo

Actually, those discounts have nothing to do with CC. When the plug was pulled last month on CC ,the liquidators took over and they are the ones who determine the discounts. Some of the CC employees are still working there until mid March, but they are working for the liquidation company the judge assigned. I can give you a little secret. They drop the prices down on thursdays, from 5%-10%. As an example, i want to buy some PC games, they are now 50% off of $14.96, but next thursday they will drop up to 60%. Of course the problem is stock, if you wait till the last week of liquidation, when max percentage allowed is implemented, somewhere around the 3rd week of March, i may be out of luck finding what i want.
post #220 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVbc View Post

why is everybody so gooey that Jim Noyd of Noyd Communications is looking in on this post. he is not part of vizio.

noyd communications is a pr and advertising agency. they are not product reps. they do the pr for vizio, successfully apparently. while they may have some input to the brass at vizio, their job is not engineering and design.




http://noydcom.com/



TVbc

That's exactly my point, who better to inform about customer disgust with a feature of an upcoming product, especially when Vizio hasn't made a final decision yet, than Jim Noyd, who represents Vizio in the PR and advertising area. All Jim Noyd has to do is say to Vizio...."hey Vizio, you know that gawd aweful center bar in front of the TV?", " well, people hate it enough to go somewhere else"....."as a PR man representing you, i say dump it".
post #221 of 4988
I hope this 55 inchers kicks fat arrogant sony A**
post #222 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

I hope this 55 inchers kicks fat arrogant sony A**

Looks like Vizio is kicking just about everyone's A** :
http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayRe...4975159&EDATE=
post #223 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipcrkr View Post

Looks like Vizio is kicking just about everyone's A** :
http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayRe...4975159&EDATE=

I saw this morning! Great!
post #224 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipcrkr View Post

That's exactly my point, who better to inform about customer disgust with a feature of an upcoming product, especially when Vizio hasn't made a final decision yet, than Jim Noyd, who represents Vizio in the PR and advertising area. All Jim Noyd has to do is say to Vizio...."hey Vizio, you know that gawd aweful center bar in front of the TV?", " well, people hate it enough to go somewhere else"....."as a PR man representing you, i say dump it".

fine, but that's not the way pr works. it works on you, not them.

TVbc
post #225 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVbc View Post

why is everybody so gooey that Jim Noyd of Noyd Communications is looking in on this post. he is not part of vizio.

noyd communications is a pr and advertising agency. they are not product reps. they do the pr for vizio, successfully apparently. while they may have some input to the brass at vizio, their job is not engineering and design.
http://noydcom.com/
TVbc

I dont think anyone is gooey over Jim Noyd, I think I would say that some of us here on AVS are happy to hear that perhaps our concerns are being heard by the folks at Vizio,,,gooey, no,,,,,thankful and hopefull yes.

Being a member here on AVS I rarely see any reps or anyone connected to any of the manufactures on this forum.

A HUGE mistake.

In a perfect world these panel makes, designers and CEO's would be spending time on AVS checking out the feedback and suggestions about their products and they would be doing that openly and NOT IS STEALTH MODE.

And in a perfect world these companies would take a cue from Kodak.

Kodak keeps a mailing list of all their customers and sends out surveys to get feedback on their products,, very cool that they do that.
But they dont stop there, they also send out emails with pictures and specs of cameras they have in the works and they ask their customers to vote on and give opinions on their design ideas,, to me that is just the coolest.
Instead of their designers sitting in a room (bubble) and guessing what or thinking they know what the consumer wants,, they ASK the consumers,,,,what a killer idea,,,,,, and Im sure it really helps Kodak's sales.

Another thing Kodak does is they go on the camera forums (not in stealth mode) and OPENLY talk about their products with their customers.

Sorry for the Kodak rant but Im just very impressed that Kodak does all that.

If Vizio and other panel makers were to follow Kodak's example I think those companies would benefit greatly with customer sales and loyality.

Getting your customers involved in the products your making to sell to them,,, WOW, what a concept.

Sadly, the reality is that these companies dont have a clue, they just hire a few dumb-ass designers, pay them a bunch of money to come up with some often crapy design ideas and then they put the product out there in hopes that what they came up with works and is well received.

And its not like there is a ton of A/V forums that these companies would have to visit,,, AVS is the king of the hill in the A/V world.

This forum is here offering all these opinions, idea's, feedback,,,, a wealth of information to tap into and it would seem for the most part the companies that make all these A/V products dont take advantage of it.

Ok,, sorry for the rant,, I will get off my soapbox now.

Anyhow, back to the original subject of my reply,, were not gooey over Jim, were just glad to see that there is a chance some-one connected with a company has taken the time to post and be part of AVS,,,, that does not happen often enough.
And for Jim, your the PR guy at Vizio,, what a great PR move it would be to invite your customers to be involved with your products and futrue products.
Just for the record, I own my own business and I do whatever I can to get my customers involved with my business, feedback, opinions, ect.,,,it makes a huge difference and makes my customers truely feel like they are part of my company,, which they are.
My sales and customer loyality are thru the roof while other business's the same as mine are closing down.
( Jim, if you like the PR idea's and decide to use them you can thank me by sending me two TV's, a 550 to replace the one I returned and a 551 when it comes out, message me for my shipping address )

Cheers
Davyo
post #226 of 4988
Great post Davyo! You've just succinctly described a business model that every electonics entertainment technology producer would benefit from following!
post #227 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay View Post

Great post Davyo! You've just succinctly described a business model that every electonics entertainment technology producer would benefit from following!


Thanks "Onlooker", Im glad my rantings made sense.

It really does blow me away that companies dont get the consumers they want to apeal to involved with the products they are wanting to sell to them.

Its so simple and easy, a company wants to bring a product to market, just ask the consumers what they like and dont like.

Again I will use Kodak as an example.
Last year when they were coming up with design ideas for their new video camera, the Zx1, they sent out emails to ALL their customers about 6 or 7 design ideas, with pictures of what the camera might look like, they asked for everyone to vote on their favorite design, color, camera shape and features. At this last CES Kodak un-veiled the winning design voted on by there customers (it was also the one I voted for when Kodak emailed me), anyhow, this is the link for the design that won the popular vote, the customers got to vote on and choose what the camera would look like,, how cool is that !!!!!
(click on the black version, it looks the best)
http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_US



Cheers
Davyo
post #228 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

I dont think anyone is gooey over Jim Noyd, I think I would say that some of us here on AVS are happy to hear that perhaps our concerns are being heard by the folks at Vizio,,,gooey, no,,,,,thankful and hopefull yes.

Being a member here on AVS I rarely see any reps or anyone connected to any of the manufactures on this forum.

A HUGE mistake.

In a perfect world these panel makes, designers and CEO's would be spending time on AVS checking out the feedback and suggestions about their products and they would be doing that openly and NOT IS STEALTH MODE.

And in a perfect world these companies would take a cue from Kodak.

Kodak keeps a mailing list of all their customers and sends out surveys to get feedback on their products,, very cool that they do that.
But they dont stop there, they also send out emails with pictures and specs of cameras they have in the works and they ask their customers to vote on and give opinions on their design ideas,, to me that is just the coolest.
Instead of their designers sitting in a room (bubble) and guessing what or thinking they know what the consumer wants,, they ASK the consumers,,,,what a killer idea,,,,,, and Im sure it really helps Kodak's sales.

Another thing Kodak does is they go on the camera forums (not in stealth mode) and OPENLY talk about their products with their customers.

Sorry for the Kodak rant but Im just very impressed that Kodak does all that.

If Vizio and other panel makers were to follow Kodak's example I think those companies would benefit greatly with customer sales and loyality.

Getting your customers involved in the products your making to sell to them,,, WOW, what a concept.

Sadly, the reality is that these companies dont have a clue, they just hire a few dumb-ass designers, pay them a bunch of money to come up with some often crapy design ideas and then they put the product out there in hopes that what they came up with works and is well received.

And its not like there is a ton of A/V forums that these companies would have to visit,,, AVS is the king of the hill in the A/V world.

This forum is here offering all these opinions, idea's, feedback,,,, a wealth of information to tap into and it would seem for the most part the companies that make all these A/V products dont take advantage of it.

Ok,, sorry for the rant,, I will get off my soapbox now.

Anyhow, back to the original subject of my reply,, were not gooey over Jim, were just glad to see that there is a chance some-one connected with a company has taken the time to post and be part of AVS,,,, that does not happen often enough.
And for Jim, your the PR guy at Vizio,, what a great PR move it would be to invite your customers to be involved with your products and futrue products.
Just for the record, I own my own business and I do whatever I can to get my customers involved with my business, feedback, opinions, ect.,,,it makes a huge difference and makes my customers truely feel like they are part of my company,, which they are.
My sales and customer loyality are thru the roof while other business's the same as mine are closing down.
( Jim, if you like the PR idea's and decide to use them you can thank me by sending me two TV's, a 550 to replace the one I returned and a 551 when it comes out, message me for my shipping address )

Cheers
Davyo

On Vizio's old style website they used to have a section called "Build Your Vizio" and what you would do would be to give them features and specs that you would like to see on your TV. I don't know if their new style website has it but it was a pretty cool customer feedback. I'll have to check to see if they still have this.
post #229 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post

On Vizio's old style website they used to have a section called "Build Your Vizio" and what you would do would be to give them features and specs that you would like to see on your TV. I don't know if their new style website has it but it was a pretty cool customer feedback. I'll have to check to see if they still have this.

I just looked thru their website and did not see the "Build Your Vizio" listed,,,, did not know they used to do that.

Wonder why they dont offer that option anymore ???,, seems like a great idea.

Cheers
Davyo
post #230 of 4988
I am wondering how much of an improvement the 551 will be over the 550. I know that the LED is new technology and it looks like it might be the next big thing. However, is the huge increase in contrast ratio worth the wait? How noticeable would it be? I am tempted to just go ahead and purchase the 550 now and try to get a price adjustment on it when the 551 comes out but I am not sure if I am just being impatient and should wait for the 551.

Any thoughts?
post #231 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish80122 View Post

I am wondering how much of an improvement the 551 will be over the 550. I know that the LED is new technology and it looks like it might be the next big thing. However, is the huge increase in contrast ratio worth the wait? How noticeable would it be? I am tempted to just go ahead and purchase the 550 now and try to get a price adjustment on it when the 551 comes out but I am not sure if I am just being impatient and should wait for the 551.

Any thoughts?

If the 551's LED backlight is as good as the Samsung or Sony or even close to it, I would wait a few months for that set. Not that there is anything wrong with the 500. people seem to like it.

More than likely the 551 will seel for less than the $1999 MSRP.

Be patient, it's not too far into the future.
post #232 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish80122 View Post

I am wondering how much of an improvement the 551 will be over the 550. I know that the LED is new technology and it looks like it might be the next big thing. However, is the huge increase in contrast ratio worth the wait? How noticeable would it be? I am tempted to just go ahead and purchase the 550 now and try to get a price adjustment on it when the 551 comes out but I am not sure if I am just being impatient and should wait for the 551.

Any thoughts?

I just sold my 46 in sharp 64d to my son for 600 it was a black friday grand lcd tv.
I am waiting till this 551 comes out this tv might start the decline of led lcd prices after all i got the samsung 40 in 81f led lcd at blow out price it's a grand tv and really is a lot better picture the the sharp because of the led.
post #233 of 4988
Thank you for your opinions. Are there any LED LCD TVs currently on the market that you know of? I would love to see one to see what the difference looks like to my eyes. I hope it is as looks as revolutionary as it sounds.
post #234 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish80122 View Post

Thank you for your opinions. Are there any LED LCD TVs currently on the market that you know of? I would love to see one to see what the difference looks like to my eyes. I hope it is as looks as revolutionary as it sounds.

yes! Go to BB and look at the samsung 950 or sony xbr8 and you will see the difference.
When I went to BB over a year ago to see the samsung 81f it was showing a swordsman on a black back ground and it was just as good as any plasma.
I had to wait a long time for the samsung 81f price to drop to my level and when it did I bought one right away and glad I did!
When watching legend on blue ray and will smith closes the shutters the whole tv goes black and if you have the lights off you can not see the tv!try that on a plasma!
post #235 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6athome View Post

When watching legend on blue ray and will smith closes the shutters the whole tv goes black and if you have the lights off you can not see the tv!try that on a plasma!

"Try that on a plasma" you say,,, OK, I will.

While reading your post I just happen to have Legend loaded in my BluRay player, so I fliped on the BluRay player and ran the scene.

Results: blacker than the blackest black on my 6020 Kuro,, the Pioneer Kuro is a plasma.

Cheers
Davyo
post #236 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

I just looked thru their website and did not see the "Build Your Vizio" listed,,,, did not know they used to do that.

Wonder why they dont offer that option anymore ???,, seems like a great idea.

Cheers
Davyo


yeah I'm surprised too, I mean it's a very inexpensive way to get feedback with very little effort on their own part. They also used to have a forum as well that is no longer on the new website either. Hopefully they will bring back at least one of them.
post #237 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post

yeah I'm surprised too, I mean it's a very inexpensive way to get feedback with very little effort on their own part. They also used to have a forum as well that is no longer on the new website either. Hopefully they will bring back at least one of them.


Geeze,, they had a forum too,, too bad they dropped that as well.

But then again, any company having their own forum can be a bit risky if that company puts out a product thats not liked or defective.
I dont think that company would want a ton of people posting about it on the companies own forum/website.

Cheers
Davyo
post #238 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

"Try that on a plasma" you say,,, OK, I will.

While reading your post I just happen to have Legend loaded in my BluRay player, so I fliped on the BluRay player and ran the scene.

Results: blacker than the blackest black on my 6020 Kuro,, the Pioneer Kuro is a plasma.

Cheers
Davyo

with the pioneer kuro the blacks are not as black as the bezel around it when the lights are off.
the samsung 81f is!
Oh by the way I heard pioneer is going to stop making plasma?like the etzel it must be great?
post #239 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6athome View Post

with the pioneer kuro the blacks are not as black as the bezel around it when the lights are off.
the samsung 81f is!
Oh by the way I heard pioneer is going to stop making plasma?like the etzel it must be great?

The blacks are not as black as the bezel you say,,,Well, I guess I will have to take your word for it.. I mean what do I know,, I only own one and am looking at it right now.

Weird too,, almost every single review in every A/V magazine ever printed and just about every review online all say the Kuro's have the best blacks of any panel to date,,, that includes LCD's or plasma's.

Anyhow, I will contact all the thousands of Kuro owners and all the professional A/V reviewers and A/V magazines to let them know they are all wrong.

Im not sure what an "etzel" is but I do know what an "Edsel" is,,,an Edsel was a car maker that went out of bussiness.

As far as Pioneer not making plasma's anymore that is true, but it has nothing to do with the quality of their plasma's.
Perhaps if you spent a few minutes reading about it you might find out the reason they are going to stop making plasma's.

Cheers
Davyo
post #240 of 4988
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

....

I do know what an "Edsel" is,,,an Edsel was a car maker that went out of bussiness.
....

The Edsel was an ill conceived model from Ford. and they aren't out of business. . . yet.

TVbc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › 2009 Vizio XVT Series: 240Hz, USB input, LED backlight [NO PRICE TALK]