Originally Posted by StickerDude
Where were the 3 adjustment screws?
I thought the 4 were them I was backing them out doing all stuff no pictur change I lost close to 1/4 of the screen Dont know how to fix it
the 3 adjustment screws are gold and are accessible through, not in, the DMD Board. these screws secure the metal panel that the DMD board sits in to the optical engine base. the four screws with springs secure the DMD board to the metal panel, and are irrelevant here.
to re-align the picture:
- find a partner if you can. this is a two person job.
- remove the three white plastic tops from the DMD board. they just pop off with a pull. this will reveal the three gold alignment screws.
- loosen, but do not remove the three alignment screws. since these are the only screws that secure the metal plate to the base, these are the only screws that need to be messed with.
- now that it's loosened from the base, slide/shift the DMD plate around and you'll notice the picture moving reciprocally. i.e. slide the plate up and the picture moves down. plate left = picture right, etc.
- i pushed the Guide button on the cable tv remote to display the Menu. the menu is a stable image that has horizontal and vertical lines.
- use a tape measure to measure the lines on the screen against the sides of screen to exactly position the plate so the picture is centered.
- once you get the picture exactly right, slowly tighten the top left screw, then the bottom left, then the lone right screw.
hopefully, after you do that your picture will be ok again. remember that this is a VERY precise procedure. the slightest movements make big changes so be delicate and patient. i was alone so this took me a damn long time to do but it's doable.