or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'American Idol' - Season 8 on FOX HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'American Idol' - Season 8 on FOX HD - Page 2

post #31 of 1887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutgar View Post

If she is the one I'm thinking of, I thought the big, stretched out, ear lobes were biggest turn-off. What is she going to do when her fashion sense changes some day and she's stuck with these ginormous, droopy, spaghetti lobes!

That, my friend, is why they have plastic surgeons. In fact, if you watched 'Nip/Tuck' this week, you saw how that very procedure is done. And may I just say, "Ewwww!".
post #32 of 1887
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcope View Post

that bikini girl is going to provide laughs for a few weeks i think haha

Here's a few more pics:

Photo Gallery
post #33 of 1887
Quote:
Originally Posted by steinfire View Post

The girl with the pink hair did good but like someone said earlier.....the earlobe things were crazy, my wife kept telling me that they were ear rings but I told her " no, those are her earlobes all stretched out" it was freaking me out when she shook her head and they flopped around

Which judge told the bikini girl to come naked next time??? I remember hearing it from the panel.

Did anyone else see Ryan Seacrest try to "High Five" the blind guy.

Kara told her to come naked next time. MEOW! Simon was so damn funny with the bikini girl too. "I'll go first. Uh, yes." LOL!

And I LOL'd at Seacrest too during the High Five. And then just did the, uh, I'm trying to shake your hand. LOLz.
post #34 of 1887
I liked how Kara tried to "outsing" her, as if that would make the guys forget she was in a bikini.

Too bad they didn't have the guy with the double bass voice sing a chorus of "Go Down Moses" ("Let my people goooooo!") like the guy who was in the very first audition last season. That was the funniest start to AI I'd ever seen.
post #35 of 1887
Best moment from last night: Bikini Girl kissing Ryan...

AWKWARD!!!
post #36 of 1887
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post

And the horror loving guy isn't so bad.

Horror-boy has potential to be this season's Sanjaya.
post #37 of 1887
I found the guys before the blind guy to be hilarious (the one who taught himself to sing in his closet). His dry sense of humor was great.

"That would be a funny joke if it made sense."
post #38 of 1887
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayest View Post

Horror-boy has potential to be this season's Sanjaya.

Or this season's David Archuleta. The little girls are gonna love him.
post #39 of 1887
All the videos of bikini girls audition have been removed from YouTube. What's going on here?!?! This was the first time they have removed auditions from there. Weird.
post #40 of 1887
I'll probably watch tonight, but am done for the rest of the season. BTW, the new judge sucks.
post #41 of 1887
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

I'll probably watch tonight, but am done for the rest of the season. BTW, the new judge sucks.

She has more industry credibility than even Randy. She can sing too.
post #42 of 1887
Sure, she has more cred than Randy and Paula put together (and P.A. has a Grammy ) and not bad looking; she's still a sucky judge. She got up out of her chair, insulted that young lady, but didn't approach her as she would've had her hair handed to her.
post #43 of 1887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rein View Post

All the videos of bikini girls audition have been removed from YouTube. What's going on here?!?! This was the first time they have removed auditions from there. Weird.

For some reason, YouTube's been going the way of the studios rather than the way of the people. It's becoming more and more common to see them taking down anything that aired over a television network.
post #44 of 1887
Thread Starter 
Tonight's K.C. audition show produced more interesting drama. I don't remember what her name was, but the girl who sang "Without You" was very pitchy, dawg.

OTOH, I was very impressed by Casey Carlson and her take on Vanessa Carlton that was nothing short of stellar. Top 12? I have a feeling she has a shot at making top 4. Among others I was impressed by: Von Smith and Michael Castro (Jason's brother-the apple certainly does not fall far from the tree).

To be continued next week, in the wake of seeing a new president get sworn in...
post #45 of 1887
I only saw bits and pieces because of the Lakers/Clippers games, but was I the only one having issues?

It was a pixelized mess quite a few times. This is in LA through D*.
post #46 of 1887
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

Sure, she has more cred than Randy and Paula put together (and P.A. has a Grammy ) and not bad looking; she's still a sucky judge. She got up out of her chair, insulted that young lady, but didn't approach her as she would've had her hair handed to her.

Why do you say she's "sucky?" Because she insulted someone (which Simon does constantly) but refrained from getting into a cat fight?
post #47 of 1887
Quote:
Originally Posted by moob View Post

I only saw bits and pieces because of the Lakers/Clippers games, but was I the only one having issues?

It was a pixelized mess quite a few times. This is in LA through D*.

Looked fine in L.A. off of Dish.
post #48 of 1887
Quote:
Originally Posted by SowegaBowler View Post

OTOH, I was very impressed by Casey Carlson

Very impressive young lady indeed, that Casey Carlson. Oh, she also sang you say? Who knew?

I only saw about 5 minutes of the show before I could escape the living room where my wife sat entranced, but noticed two things - I saw the right 5 minutes, and the wrong girl was wearing that bikini.
post #49 of 1887
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post

If you watched tonight's ep closely, it still takes only two votes to move on. It's pretty stupid as it really should have 3 of 4 to go to Hollywood and if you split, it's a no.

But watch tonight's ep and you'll see at least once a 2-2, and they say "You're going to Hollywood."

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

I think that may only apply when Simon is one of the two "Yes" votes.

That is correct. Simon breaks the tie.
post #50 of 1887
Where are the pics? Most of us are not going to watch AI until the number of contestants dwindles to about a dozen.

A prior season's AI thread had a rule that every page must have an animated gif of Sanjaya's sister cheering him on...
post #51 of 1887
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

Sure, she has more cred than Randy and Paula put together (and P.A. has a Grammy ) and not bad looking; she's still a sucky judge. She got up out of her chair, insulted that young lady, but didn't approach her as she would've had her hair handed to her.

So you think she's a "sucky" judge because she insulted the woman (insulting contestants on American Idol is going too far) or because she didn't jump over the table and start bashing on her?
post #52 of 1887
I think Kara has a least one thing going for her...



It's seems like the threat of being replaced by Kara has managed to get Paula out of the drug addled state she's been in the last couple of seasons. Paula is more coherent this season than she has been for years.
post #53 of 1887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

Paula is more coherent this season than she has been for years.

The season is quite young. Give Paula a chance. I still think it's unsafe to have an open flame near her cup.
post #54 of 1887
Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

So you think she's a "sucky" judge because she insulted the woman (insulting contestants on American Idol is going too far) or because she didn't jump over the table and start bashing on her?

She sucks because she has no humility and acts as though she's been there from day one. Granted, she has known Paula for quite some time.....most, probably none of the contestants has a clue as to who she is. And Paula really did act as instigator during that little fiasco; I was almost shocked by her behavior.

Certainly, they want to try and keep the show as entertaining as possible, but insulting someone you just met is something I tend to not make a habit out of.
post #55 of 1887
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

but insulting someone you just met is something I tend to not make a habit out of.

You're kidding, right? "Insulting" people they just meet is what the judges do 95% of the time during the audition process.
post #56 of 1887
Remember the young lady who recently "offed" herself after being rejected? I know there are people with issues, who can't take the pressure the process of the show brings and therefore don't belong. Then there are those who merely show up for their 15 seconds of fame to get on TV; you'd think the judges could tell the difference by now.

Guess I was mistaken in thinking there'd be a slightly kinder & gentler Idol. The new judge now makes it Simon times two.
post #57 of 1887
Thread Starter 
From the HOTP thread...new research shows that AI's audience is aging:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post15559370

(BTW, I'm 43 and mostly up-to-date on pop culture. )
post #58 of 1887
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

The new judge now makes it Simon times two.

Which is fantastic. A lot of these people need a reality check, and it's hilarious seeing their reactions when it's given to them. Of course, I'm an insensitive arse, so that helps I suppose.
post #59 of 1887
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

Remember the young lady who recently "offed" herself after being rejected?

Paula G (her reported birth name was Sandra and she changed it) had stalked Paula A for several years and had a long history of instability. To imply that her audition was directly responsible for her demise three years later is a little misleading, although I would speculate that in the total scheme of things it didn't help. Many of those auditioning look to be less than stable, but is it the producer's responsibility to handle them with kid gloves? The entertainment business can be far more brutal and they are probably being done a favor to get a taste of reality.

Paula G's audition can be found on Youtube.
post #60 of 1887
I think it's the judges responsibility to not make light of those who are unstable; it's not that hard to determine who is and who isn't. I also think it's possible to reject them without laughing them off the stage. The rejects are then seen by a worldwide audience, crying and running down the street.

What I do enjoy about the auditions are those that can't sing and KNOW it. Rejection comes easy; they just want their 15 seconds. And no, I've never tried out for Idol, but know someone who did, and was turned down; this guy can flat-out sing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'American Idol' - Season 8 on FOX HD