or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › Official LaserVue Owners thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official LaserVue Owners thread - Page 77

post #2281 of 2625
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottm18 View Post

...Speaking of the PS3, how can a 4 year old 1.3 HDMI device send out frame-packed (1.4) 3D that frustratingly won't pass through my receiver!? It must have something to do with borrowing the audio bandwidth (only lossy codecs in 3D) for the hi-rez video... Oh those wizards at Sony--but it would've been nice if they just incorporated "1.3" 3D versions (side by side and checkerboard) and kept the lossless audio. That sound is a big part of the new games. AND I wouldn't have to worry about getting another receiver just because of 3D.

Sony designed the PS3 so that its HDMI port would be firmware upgradeable. Normally this requires a hardware upgrade, but their engineers had the foresight to engineer a proprietary solution to overcome this hurdle. Despite the older hardware in the original console, which was launched even before the HDMI 1.3 standard was available, the PS3 today has no problem delivering 3D. The upgrades last year (in June for games, in October for Blu-ray) basically made every PS3 HDMI 1.4 compatible.
post #2282 of 2625
Don't know if this has been discussed already, but I noticed that Mitsubishi has an A91 firmware update on their support site. Files are dated 1/5/11. Does anyone know what changes/fixes were made with this update? I bought my set August 2010, so am considering applying the update.

http://support.mitsubishi-tv.com/documents/L75-A91
post #2283 of 2625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Rebello View Post
Don't know if this has been discussed already, but I noticed that Mitsubishi has an A91 firmware update on their support site. Files are dated 1/5/11. Does anyone know what changes/fixes were made with this update? I bought my set August 2010, so am considering applying the update.

http://support.mitsubishi-tv.com/documents/L75-A91
You probably don't want to do that. There are no feature upgrades or fixes contained in that file. That's the very same firmware as you currently have in your L75-A91. It's there for downloading just in case the original firmware somehow got corrupted.
post #2284 of 2625
Quote:
Originally Posted by RU Geekman View Post
You probably don't want to do that. There are no feature upgrades or fixes contained in that file. That's the very same firmware as you currently have in your L75-A91. It's there for downloading just in case the original firmware somehow got corrupted.
OK, thanks.
post #2285 of 2625
Has anybody noticed how long it takes the A91 to sync up to a change in resolution etc.

I use a Sony AV receiver so all my sources come in through one HDMI port on the A91. Even if I change my tv settings say from "Cinema" to "Brilliant" the screen will go blue, the video source will show in the upper left and it takes like 10-15 seconds before the image re-appears.

If I'm watching a PC desktop, then hit the 'full screen' button on the VLC media player, again, the TV does this 'blue screen' for 10-15 seconds before displaying the image.

It's longer than any other TV I owned.

Anybody else see this?
post #2286 of 2625
Has anyone actually seen the A94 in person yet? It seems like Mitsubishi is releasing these at a snail pace. I sold my Pioneer Signature Elite 141 last month because I though they would be released during the first week of July. I've been missing that set a lot lately, but not right now. It was like a space heater and it's 100 degrees in Indianapolis right now, so I probably wouldn't have it on that much anyways. I'm ready to buy as soon as more places like Amazon or One Call get them in. I want to buy from somewhere that has a good return policy.
post #2287 of 2625
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchinsky View Post

Has anybody noticed how long it takes the A91 to sync up to a change in resolution etc.

I use a Sony AV receiver so all my sources come in through one HDMI port on the A91. Even if I change my tv settings say from "Cinema" to "Brilliant" the screen will go blue, the video source will show in the upper left and it takes like 10-15 seconds before the image re-appears.

If I'm watching a PC desktop, then hit the 'full screen' button on the VLC media player, again, the TV does this 'blue screen' for 10-15 seconds before displaying the image.

It's longer than any other TV I owned.

Anybody else see this?

I have the same problem with my set and it is incedibly annoying. Are you running the 3D adapter. I think it is caused by the 3D adapter as the problem only started once I hooked mine up. Also I've noticed if I pull the power from the 3D adapter and turn it back on it goes away for a while. I haven't called Mits on this issue yet as I've had bigger issues to deal with TV. I had the annoying eletrical humming issue that has gotten so bad it can be heard over normall TV watching volume. Mits had a service tech come out and replace the light engine but the noise was still there. They ultimately decided to replace the unit with a remanufactured A91. I was hoping for a A94! Mostly just becuase I wouldn't need the annoying 3D adapter and hopefully the new screen on the A94 will leasen the silk screen effect.

On the subject of your original question I've also noticed on my current set that when I switch from a 2D input to a 3D input the 3D adapter does not automatically turn on the 3D mode as I was understood it was supposed to. Not a huge issue as I need to get my glasses out and turn them on as well but it's just another annoyance with the set.
post #2288 of 2625
Quote:
Originally Posted by RU Geekman View Post

You probably don't want to do that. There are no feature upgrades or fixes contained in that file. That's the very same firmware as you currently have in your L75-A91. It's there for downloading just in case the original firmware somehow got corrupted.

Really? The firmware version on my set indicated 11.01, and the update is 11.02. Granted, it is a minor revision, so in the hope that it would help reduce some of the judder that I experience when watching certain content from my DVR, I flashed mine yesterday.

I haven't noticed that it changes much, however the DLP Link selection might be different on the 3D options menu.
post #2289 of 2625
from what i can determine sets are available in some stores west of the Mississippi. east of the Mississippi sets are riding on the back of the truck. close but not yet.
post #2290 of 2625
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpenceJT View Post

Really? The firmware version on my set indicated 11.01, and the update is 11.02. Granted, it is a minor revision, so in the hope that it would help reduce some of the judder that I experience when watching certain content from my DVR, I flashed mine yesterday.

I haven't noticed that it changes much, however the DLP Link selection might be different on the 3D options menu.

In my opinion, it's not worth the risk to mess with the firmware unless, and until, a major revision comes along.
post #2291 of 2625
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOMEGAS View Post

Wow this is a crazy link

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fist-North-Star-...item3a689a6a48

Stupid as I am, I clicked on this link. I'm sorry, but what does this have to do with the LaserVue TV?

Seggers
post #2292 of 2625
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarver View Post
I have the same problem with my set and it is incedibly annoying. Are you running the 3D adapter. I think it is caused by the 3D adapter as the problem only started once I hooked mine up. Also I've noticed if I pull the power from the 3D adapter and turn it back on it goes away for a while. I haven't called Mits on this issue yet as I've had bigger issues to deal with TV. I had the annoying eletrical humming issue that has gotten so bad it can be heard over normall TV watching volume. Mits had a service tech come out and replace the light engine but the noise was still there. They ultimately decided to replace the unit with a remanufactured A91. I was hoping for a A94! Mostly just becuase I wouldn't need the annoying 3D adapter and hopefully the new screen on the A94 will leasen the silk screen effect.

On the subject of your original question I've also noticed on my current set that when I switch from a 2D input to a 3D input the 3D adapter does not automatically turn on the 3D mode as I was understood it was supposed to. Not a huge issue as I need to get my glasses out and turn them on as well but it's just another annoyance with the set.
I have all my inputs going through my DENON 4308CI (HDMI ports) with the output of the DENON going to the TV's HDMI port 1. I normally leave my TV in "Bright" mode, however, if I want to change some special setting on the TV I use the TV's remote. It only takes less than 2 seconds to see the change. All other basic evolutions are performed using my universal remote "Harmony ONE". I don't have a 3D adapter... so I'm never in 3D mode. If and when I decide to go 3D, I will be using my OPPO 95 (which has two 1.4a HDMI output ports and utilizing the 3D adapter) and it will be hooked up directly to HDMI port 2 on the TV. It might be that the 3D adapter is not communicating well with the Sony Receiver.

I'm assuming that its only necessary to use the adapter if the 3D BlueRay player does not output the same format that the TV requires....correct?

Have a wonderful Nuclear Day!
post #2293 of 2625
Quote:
Originally Posted by tron49 View Post

I have all my inputs going through my DENON 4308CI (HDMI ports) with the output of the DENON going to the TV's HDMI port 1. I normally leave my TV in "Bright" mode, however, if I want to change some special setting on the TV I use the TV's remote. It only takes less than 2 seconds to see the change. All other basic evolutions are performed using my universal remote "Harmony ONE". I don't have a 3D adapter... so I'm never in 3D mode. If and when I decide to go 3D, I will be using my OPPO 95 (which has two 1.4a HDMI output ports and utilizing the 3D adapter) and it will be hooked up directly to HDMI port 2 on the TV. It might be that the 3D adapter is not communicating well with the Sony Receiver.

I'm assuming that its only necessary to use the adapter if the 3D BlueRay player does not output the same format that the TV requires....correct?

Have a wonderful Nuclear Day!

Yes, I have the 3d adapter. I use a PS3 as the source for blueray 3d, and DirectTV for over the air 3d, and a media pc for downloaded 3d content. Thus I really need it all to switch through my AV Receiver.

I might bypass the 3d adapter and see if the situation changes. I never thought about it because if I were to change from say, bright to cinema, I figured, why would the 3d adapter be involved since that change is related to what happens after the 3d adapter is involved with the path of the signal but who knows.
post #2294 of 2625
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchinsky View Post

Yes, I have the 3d adapter. I use a PS3 as the source for blueray 3d, and DirectTV for over the air 3d, and a media pc for downloaded 3d content. Thus I really need it all to switch through my AV Receiver.

I might bypass the 3d adapter and see if the situation changes. I never thought about it because if I were to change from say, bright to cinema, I figured, why would the 3d adapter be involved since that change is related to what happens after the 3d adapter is involved with the path of the signal but who knows.

I reread your ealier post. I checked and I don't get the blue screen when changing between picture settings. I do get it when watching directv and change channels. Everytime I have to wait a long time (5-10 seconds) for it to go away and then the picture returns. It happens when selecting a dvr recording as well. It's extremely annoying as you have to pause the program until the tv processes the signal and displays it. The volume of course comes through my Yamaha reciever. It's just the picture that is the problem. I think it is caused by the 3D adapter as the problem wasnt there when I first got my TV, only after I started using the adapter. Sometimes powering off and then restarting the adapter will make it go away for a short time as well. Can I call the Laservue line regarding the warranty on the adapter?
post #2295 of 2625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinefski View Post

I mean seriously I can’t believe I would have to explain why it would be better to have separate threads for these TV’s, especially considering the rather major changes done to it.

With the Mitsubishi L75-A94 hitting the streets as we speak I am sure a L75-A94 owners thread will pop up.
post #2296 of 2625
I would love to read owner feedback or see some pics of the new model in action. I really want one, but the lack of interest in this thread has me worried.
post #2297 of 2625
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdeckard123 View Post

I would love to read owner feedback or see some pics of the new model in action. I really want one, but the lack of interest in this thread has me worried.

Start a new thread.
post #2298 of 2625
I am a new L75-A95 owner and I was wondering if the USB port used for music and pictures can handle movies. I just wondered if anyone has tried watching a movie from this port.
post #2299 of 2625
Ordered the A-94 from Cleveland Plasma yesterday. Very good price, just hope the unit gets to my house okay. Hopefully it will get here by next Friday. I will post pics and observations right away.
post #2300 of 2625
Curious as to if I risk anything buying a floor model L75-A91. Is there anything to worry about hrs used since there is no bulb to replace? Any things that I would specifically want to check out, aside from cosmetic issues, included items and warranty?

Any input is appreciated!
post #2301 of 2625
[chirp-chirp] RUGeekman must be busy. ;-)
post #2302 of 2625
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpenceJT View Post

[chirp-chirp] RUGeekman must be busy. ;-)

Hey Spence, did you ever get your LV calibrated?
post #2303 of 2625
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdeckard123 View Post
I would love to read owner feedback or see some pics of the new model in action. I really want one, but the lack of interest in this thread has me worried.
Yeap me too, its hard trying to find a descent review that is balanced. It's a lot of cash and I'm wanting it to be at least on par or better than my 8G Kuro for picture quality.
post #2304 of 2625
Man this thread is quiet. So after trying to replace a part to fix my TV to no avail, Mits agreed to replace the set with a remanufactured A91 with a full warranty. No problem, scheduled the shipment for today. Driver shows up in a cargo van with my new TV to do the white glove delivery and take my old set. Problem is when the pulled the set out of the van the box was destroyed! I don't mean scuffed and slighty damaged. I'm talking the TV had come completely out the box previously, all the white styrofoam is gone, the remains of the cardboard duct tapped together with the A91 bouncing around inside. The delivery guys told my they had to repackage it when they picked it up at the terminal and that the corner of the screen was pushed in! I refused it obviously and am now awaiting a call from Mits. Hopefully a A94 is in my future! I will have to deal with the annoying electronic buzz from my TV for a while longer I guess.

Has anyone received their A94 yet? Does the new screen help with the silk screen effect?
post #2305 of 2625
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarver View Post


Has anyone received their A94 yet?

There's a new thread.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1353866
post #2306 of 2625
With the L75-A94 showing up all over the place, I was able to score a SWEET deal on an L75-A91 to replace my LG 55LHX. And while I'm absolutely loving the increase in screen size, this set is a LONG way off in terms of color! To be fair, my LCD was dialed in REALLY nicely thanks those sharing their settings in the "THE Official LG "55LHX" Owners Thread," but I haven't been able to find similar info here. Mind you, I haven't scanned every page here, but enough of them that I'm starting to question if any such posts exist...

Is anyone willing to share their Picture, Picture+, PerfectColor, and/or Advanced Picture/isf settings or steer me in the right direction?! PMs are welcome.

Thanks in advance!
post #2307 of 2625
There is no comparison, in my opinion, between the A91 and the A94. The new clear color screen makes a huge difference. Anyone tempted to go for the A91 on sale would be making a mistake.
post #2308 of 2625
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLord82 View Post

There is no comparison, in my opinion, between the A91 and the A94. The new clear color screen makes a huge difference. Anyone tempted to go for the A91 on sale would be making a mistake.

I saw a difference in color too, but feel just the opposite for those using these sets in a room with any amount of light (sun or otherwise). The A94 that I viewed was in a relatively dim area of the store, but also had a few random lights scattered about and viewing was barely tolerable. The glare was HORRIBLE.

Considering I paid roughly 1/2 what most did for their LaserVues and I'm not running in to glare issues, it was more logical to go with the A91. If I was putting mine in a room with less natural light, I'd have considered the A94.

As with anything, results may vary.
post #2309 of 2625
I agree with Jason, I have seen the L75-A94 and it is beautiful. Picture was crisp and colors were wonderful, however, this TV desperately searched for one speck of ambient light. I was in a dark room at Electronics Expo and as soon as the theater door opened the store lights were sharing the screen with the movie. That was my only drawback. It REALLY shows reflection. I just purchased the L75-A91 for under 3K and I think it's a good gamble for this price. If all was equal, I would get the 94....but I would know that I would have to make sure the family room stayed as dark as I could get it. So, I'm happy with the 91 for now.
post #2310 of 2625
Hello all,
Qualia is dead, need to get a replacement. Sony replaced it with a nice 60", but it's really tough to go down in size. My question is, does anyone here know when the 90" something (I don't remember the exact dimension) of the new laservue is coming out. I remember reading it should be coming out this year, but nothing so far. I hope they haven't drop it because it sounded awesome.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rear Projection Units
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › Official LaserVue Owners thread