Originally Posted by Augerhandle
I dont understand all the hubbub. The manual clearly states how and when to clean the filters.
Originally Posted by DoctorM
Seriously? Where in the manual and where are these filters?
Consider the source. Simply download the manual in PDF and search for "filter". After it is NOT found, you will realize that post is incorrect.
Also note the reference in the manual to cleaning where filters are NEVER mentioned:
Normally, light dusting with a dry, non-scratching duster will keep your TV clean. If cleaning beyond this is needed, please use the following guidelines:
First, turn off the TV and unplug the power cord from the power outlet.
Occasionally clean dust build-up from the air-intake grilles on the back and sides of the TV. Clean using a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment.
Top and Sides of the TV
Gently wipe down your T • V with a soft, non-abrasive cloth such as cotton flannel or microfiber, or a clean cloth diaper, lightly moistened with water. Dry with a second dry, soft, non-abrasive cloth.
• For oily dirt, add a few drops of mild liquid detergent, such as dishwashing detergent, to the water used to moisten the cloth. Rinse with a second cloth moistened only with water. Dry with a third dry, soft, non-abrasive cloth.
• Follow the instructions for the top and sides, wiping gently in an up and down motion.
• Clean the entire screen evenly, not just sections of the screen.
• Do not allow liquid to drip down the screen, as some liquid may enter the TV through the gap between the screen and screen frame.
• You may purchase Mitsubishi Screen Cleaner, part number CLEANER-VSS, by calling (800) 553-7278.
General Cleaning Precautions
• DO NOT allow liquid to enter the TV through the ventilation slots or any crevice.
• DO NOT use any strong or abrasive cleaners, as these can scratch the surfaces.
• DO NOT use any cleaners containing ammonia, bleach, alcohol, benzene, or thinners, as these can dull the surfaces.
• DO NOT spray liquids or cleaners directly on the TV’s surfaces.
• DO NOT scrub or rub the TV harshly. Wipe it gentlyEdited by GCAVS - 12/16/12 at 11:10am