I have the 551XVT and just got the 210WS sound bar. Since the 210 remote is cheesy to say the least, I programmed the TV remote audio function per the 210ws manual with code 31517. The TV remote can control all sound bar functions except for volume up/down, which is a pain since I use the non-variable out optical connection. (Yes after several blind listening tests, you can notice an improvement with optical vs RCA - more clarity, better spacial relationships). So without volume up/down working on the TV remote you cannot turn the sound bar down!
I called Vizio, who said not all remotes can provide all functions and there is no other code. However after searching around I found that the 551 TV remote (VUR8M) is a learning remote - this is not mentioned in the manual. I was able to program every function from the sound bar remote to the much better TV remote. Here's how.Teaching the Remote Control
It is recommended that both remotes have fresh batteries for the teaching function. Place teaching and learning remote controls no farther than 2 apart. If elapsed time between pressing keys is 10 seconds or longer the remote control will exit programming mode requiring you to start from Step 1.
1. Press and hold down the SET key until led blinks twice.
2. Input code 9 7 5, led blinks twice to confirm code acceptance.
3. Press the Mode key. (DVD, Audio, Cable or TV).
4. Press key to be learned. LED will blink rapidly.
5. Press and hold key to be taught on teaching remote control.
6. Led will stop blinking rapidly, then blink twice to confirm key has been programmed.
7. Repeat Steps 3 through 6
until all desired keys are taught into your remote control.
8. Exit learning mode by pressing SET or by waiting 10 seconds (time out).Clearing the Memory
1. Press and hold down Set until Led blinks twice
2. Input code 9 8 1, led blinks twice signaling code acceptance.
3. In Step 2, code 9 7 7 can be used in instead.
The remote control is now ready to be programmed with original codes.
Now I have the TV remote control the TV, soundbar via Audio, my DVD player, and DISH PVR via cable.
. And all functions are available on the TV remote. Just saved a bunch of cash on a Harmony remote! woohoo!