or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+) › Sim2 Lumis 3 Chip DLP little Test
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sim2 Lumis 3 Chip DLP little Test - Page 13

post #361 of 371
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post

Excellent shot Wolfgang ! Very close to the screen grab. Do you need sunglasses too ?

Art

hi art

as my 4000 watt xenon lamp have now almost 300 hours for the
first time i can see this picture below 30 ftl (arround 27ftl)

but as this is in min. lamp power i can still go up with max. lamp
power to arround 52 ftl if i like

i try that level several times.
it looks great very nice if the source material is very good and if the movie
show all the time bright seq.

its not nice when the source switch between bright and dark seq. as it arduous to the eye.

i feel very pleasant if i runn it at arround 27 to max. 35 ftl.

more i not like but below 25 ftl its hard for me as well.

the good thing about this level is that your pupil even in dark seq.
not go up and therefore the black level looks still very nice.

thats by the way a good sample why numbers are not always tell
everything.
no instrument have a pupil that go up and down but our eye works this way
post #362 of 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Mayer View Post

hi art

as my 4000 watt xenon lamp have now almost 300 hours for the
first time i can see this picture below 30 ftl (arround 27ftl)

but as this is in min. lamp power i can still go up with max. lamp
power to arround 52 ftl if i like

i try that level several times.
it looks great very nice if the source material is very good and if the movie
show all the time bright seq.

its not nice when the source switch between bright and dark seq. as it arduous to the eye.

i feel very pleasant if i runn it at arround 27 to max. 35 ftl.

more i not like but below 25 ftl its hard for me as well.

the good thing about this level is that your pupil even in dark seq.
not go up and therefore the black level looks still very nice.

thats by the way a good sample why numbers are not always tell
everything.
no instrument have a pupil that go up and down but our eye works this way

I've noticed that myself with my system. I had 10fL with my CRTs and 24fL with my DLP . When it drops to full black out it still looks pretty black due to the effect you mention. Of course ,when that adaptation doesn't occur you can see that the blacks are raised but that as an issue comes up less than I would have expected.

Art
post #363 of 371
Quote:


I've noticed that myself with my system. I had 10fL with my CRTs and 24fL with my DLP . When it drops to full black out it still looks pretty black due to the effect you mention. Of course ,when that adaptation doesn't occur you can see that the blacks are raised but that as an issue comes up less than I would have expected.


It seems mostly noticable in preview movie trailers
post #364 of 371
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl1 View Post

Anyone have any idea when the production Lumis's will begin to be delivered?

serial production starts this monday already so first shipment
should be next week from sim2 italy out.

some units are already in us but they need some upgrade before ship.

i will get my unit latest 17th febr.may some days earlier.

seams sim2 have a big backlog but thats no surprise for me
post #365 of 371
Which post number on this thread had the Lumis picture? Thanks
post #366 of 371
A trick question? I'll try; #1.
post #367 of 371

LL
post #368 of 371
YEAHHH BABY YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!

Care to start an owner's thread, Phil? Screenshots? Comments?
post #369 of 371
Started the owners thread. Will take some time before I give my observations. I need to allow it to settle in, as I usually am rather dissatisfied with every new projector I get for some reason. I think I tend to set my expectations way too high.
post #370 of 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post

Started the owners thread. Will take some time before I give my observations. I need to allow it to settle in, as I usually am rather dissatisfied with every new projector I get for some reason. I think I tend to set my expectations way too high.

Well, you will have to allow it to "burn in" of course!

Looking forward to your observations...

Sean
post #371 of 371
did Greg Rogers test the CHRISTIE HD6KM ??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+) › Sim2 Lumis 3 Chip DLP little Test