or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Remote Control Area › The Harmony 1100 Owner's Thread...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Harmony 1100 Owner's Thread... - Page 53

post #1561 of 2037
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak99 View Post
... Now here's the problem. I have taught this command/sequence to the 1100, but it does not seem to send both signals successfully. It only seems to send the play/pause signals to the BD player. Is this because, when using a sequence-created command learned from another remote control, the 1100 cannot send both IR and RF commands, even if the devices are set up that way in the software programming?
First confirm that the 1100 can send just the IR dimmer via RF (learn just that command from the HO). When that works then there could be a couple of other problem areas. The 1100 may not have properly learned the multiple commands, or the command string is too long for the 1100. Yes, it sucks that the 1100 does not support sequences.

Get a digit camera and try and judge how long the HO displays the IR signal for that command compared to the 1100 and to the RF Wireless Extender.

If there is no signal from the RF WE then you know that is the source of the problem. If it is shorter than the HO it means that you are back to the base problem. Try learning the command again. It that does not work you will have to use tow different key presses.
post #1562 of 2037
Hey mak99,

When you teach a sequence to the 1100 by using the raw command learn, you are teaching the command to one device. So even if you successfully teach the sequence to the 1100 it will be to a device that is either set to IR or RF.

Teaching the 1100 the sequence from the One probably won't work too well. I have tried with my 880 to do the same thing and it didn't take. I had to use my Lutron OEM remote for the up/down commands and the 880 for the pause/play. While the 1100 is in raw learn mode pressing the commands on each remote one right after the other will yield better results.

So your major problem if you are able to teach the commands to BD player successfully is to get the command to also go to the Maestro. The only way you can accomplish this is make both devices RF and run a 3.5mm extender cable to one of the devices so you could attach an emitter.

The only other way is to try and to position the RF extender in such a way that it could flash both devices. The Maestro's range is quite broad. I have been able to control it by bouncing IR commands of the walls.
post #1563 of 2037
What has been your all's experience with a refurb unit from Logitech? Any particular concerns, or has it been all good?
post #1564 of 2037
Just got my refurbished unit. No problems. I see no downside to buying this way.
post #1565 of 2037
Good morning everyone. I have another challenging question for my new 1100 that I hope you can help me with.

When I press and hold the volume up or down button the volume will only go up in increments of .5 on the volume scale on AVR. In other words no matter how long I hold the button down it will only go up .5. It should, I thought, continue to raise or lower the volume as long as I hold the button down, but it will not.

I have to press, let go, press, let go, press, let go, press, let go to get the volume where I want it. Get the picture. Is there any way I can get the 1100 to raise and lower the volume continuously while I hold the button down?

Thank you for the help and advice and I hope you all have a wonderful day.
post #1566 of 2037
Quote:
Originally Posted by golffnutt View Post

Good morning everyone. I have another challenging question for my new 1100 that I hope you can help me with.

When I press and hold the volume up or down button the volume will only go up in increments of .5 on the volume scale on AVR. In other words no matter how long I hold the button down it will only go up .5. It should, I thought, continue to raise or lower the volume as long as I hold the button down, but it will not.

I have to press, let go, press, let go, press, let go, press, let go to get the volume where I want it. Get the picture. Is there any way I can get the 1100 to raise and lower the volume continuously while I hold the button down?

Thank you for the help and advice and I hope you all have a wonderful day.

CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you.
post #1567 of 2037
Did you "learn" these keys from your original remote, or are they from the Logitech database for that device?

Does holding the volume key on the your original remote work the way you want?

Try "learning" the volume up from your original remote to a soft key on the 1100 (you can remove this after the test). Does it work the way you want when holding it?
post #1568 of 2037
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPlayer View Post

Did you "learn" these keys from your original remote, or are they from the Logitech database for that device?

Does holding the volume key on the your original remote work the way you want?

Try "learning" the volume up from your original remote to a soft key on the 1100 (you can remove this after the test). Does it work the way you want when holding it?

Thank you BPlayer for answering my post. I have it working now. I simply deleted and reprogrammed the AVR and all is well now. Thank you for taking time to try and help me though. I really appreciate that.
post #1569 of 2037
Well as you guys know, this is a really great remote. Been playing with mine for a few days and it is excellent. I was a little bit afraid that it might be a little too large and clunky but it is actualy a perfect size.

I am glad I decided to blind buy this thing.
post #1570 of 2037
I set up my Time Warner HD cable/dvr as a set top box, when I should have set it up as up with a DVR setup. I've gone back into the change device menu, but can't seem to get back to the very beginning of setting up the cable box to change it to a dvr. Right now, I don't have any of the dvr functions, just the cable box functions. Can I update the current cable box device, or do I have to delete it and then set a whole new one up? Thanks for any help.
post #1571 of 2037
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJ441 View Post

I set up my Time Warner HD cable/dvr as a set top box, when I should have set it up as up with a DVR setup. I've gone back into the change device menu, but can't seem to get back to the very beginning of setting up the cable box to change it to a dvr. Right now, I don't have any of the dvr functions, just the cable box functions. Can I update the current cable box device, or do I have to delete it and then set a whole new one up? Thanks for any help.

pretty sure you need to set it up as a pvr. what make/model is it? i can double check it against the setups i have in my accounts.
post #1572 of 2037
Squareeyes,

It's a Cisco Explorer 8640HDC DVR, supplied by Time Warner. Thanks for the assist.
post #1573 of 2037
Hey Guys.

I am collecting my 1100 later today, and was wondering if any of you have set this remote up to work with the Thermaltake DH101 HTPC running MediaPortal yet. I am hoping that someone has some knowledge on this as I would like to add some series' to a shortcut of sorts. I am using the MP-TVSeries plugin on MediaPortal?

Thanks
post #1574 of 2037
yep, for that model set it up in devices > video recorder > pvr

that should give you all the commands for that unit and then some. i believe some of the commands like dvr list/recorded shows were labelled differently than on the oem remote. it may take a little testing to map the right command to the right harmony remote button, but they should all work.

i have some delay settings for that model as well that i can post for you if you want. it speeds up the unit response time a little, but not quite as fast as the oem remote.

,r

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJ441 View Post

Squareeyes,

It's a Cisco Explorer 8640HDC DVR, supplied by Time Warner. Thanks for the assist.
post #1575 of 2037
The additional delay time info would be appreciated. I still have the basic question as to how to reprogram the dvr device. Do I need to start from scratch and set up the "new" dvr and delete the existing one? Thanks, again.
post #1576 of 2037
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJ441 View Post

The additional delay time info would be appreciated. I still have the basic question as to how to reprogram the dvr device. Do I need to start from scratch and set up the "new" dvr and delete the existing one? Thanks, again.

Delete and re-add as a PVR
post #1577 of 2037
That is correct. You will need to add it as a new device and delete the old one. Then you'll need to go to any activities that used the old device and change them to use the new one.

i'll look up my delay settings for you this weekend and post'em here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJ441 View Post

The additional delay time info would be appreciated. I still have the basic question as to how to reprogram the dvr device. Do I need to start from scratch and set up the "new" dvr and delete the existing one? Thanks, again.
post #1578 of 2037
here're the delays:
Attachment 221630
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJ441 View Post

The additional delay time info would be appreciated. I still have the basic question as to how to reprogram the dvr device. Do I need to start from scratch and set up the "new" dvr and delete the existing one? Thanks, again.


LL
post #1579 of 2037
(This has probably answered before, but I could not find)

I have a Marantz av7005. It has more IR codes than the remote can show. For example, you can go directly to Zone 2 input set for blu ray. Kinda obscure. I have the excel spreadsheet with the numbers. In my past Pronto life, I would have tried to cut and paste. I still have the old pronto. Should I paste into it and then have the Logitech learn the code? Is there a simpler way?
post #1580 of 2037
The only other way is to email the codes to logitech support and have them add them, assuming you still have free support. You can technically add pronto hex yourself, but only one code. Each new code overwrites the previous one. So that's not a practical solution. I've added several hundred commands from pronto hex by learning. It goes pretty quick once you get into it.
post #1581 of 2037
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeshelm View Post

Hey Guys.

I am collecting my 1100 later today, and was wondering if any of you have set this remote up to work with the Thermaltake DH101 HTPC running MediaPortal yet. I am hoping that someone has some knowledge on this as I would like to add some series' to a shortcut of sorts. I am using the MP-TVSeries plugin on MediaPortal?

Thanks

I use the 1100 to control my ThermalTake HTPC running XBMC. Media portal, if i remeber right has keyboard commands as well. The soundgraph remote that ThermalTake uses can set keyboard commands to buttons. I just used unused buttons for the commands and mapped the 1100 to use the button for the command needed i.e the PC aspect command executes the XBMC shutdown. Has been working well for months.
post #1582 of 2037
Thanks. My situation makes updating the Pronto a little difficult. My laptop and desktop at home are Win 7 with usb ports. I guess I will lug down my desktop from the office. I may update my subwoofer (?!) while I am at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

The only other way is to email the codes to logitech support and have them add them, assuming you still have free support. You can technically add pronto hex yourself, but only one code. Each new code overwrites the previous one. So that's not a practical solution. I've added several hundred commands from pronto hex by learning. It goes pretty quick once you get into it.
post #1583 of 2037
Question for you guys. If I were to replace a single pole standard switch on my screen wall with a Lutron MIR-600-WH 600W Maestro IR Dimmer, Single-Location - White would I need anything else besides the 1100 to control the diming? The remote would be pointing right at the switch anyway.
post #1584 of 2037
You will be good. I use two of those in my home, they work great. See link below for programming combined commands for play lights off.
post #1585 of 2037
Sorry if this has been covered previously, but I have a quick and hopefully simple question.

The company I work for had a AV company come in and upgrade the conference room which included the addition of a Harmony 1100. Since then they have added and changed some of the equipment. The company that did the initial install and programming on the remote did not get us the log in and password to do anything with the remote (they probably logged in as a dealer). Two questions.
1. If I create a new account for our company with the Logitech software and connect the remote, will it wipe everything out of it or will it give me a option to keep it and make changes to it. I do not want to try and turn out wiping the entire remote and starting from scratch.
2. I have a Harmony One at my house and was wondering if anyone has expierence with both of the remotes, if so is the programming of each similar? Don't want to get in over my head if the 1100 is more like computer programming.

Thanks in advance for any replies!
post #1586 of 2037
The remote will get wiped clean once you update the 1100 with the new account. It will not download its programming to your account. You will need to start from scratch, but it shouldn't be much more difficult than the One. It is still a Harmony remote after all.
post #1587 of 2037
Already found this topic but never seen an answer. Each time I dock the 1100 the brightness setting are reset to medium brightnes. As I use a dedicated home cinema room I need to have as less brightness as possible.
Is this a bug?
post #1588 of 2037
Quote:
Originally Posted by pahendri View Post

Already found this topic but never seen an answer. Each time I dock the 1100 the brightness setting are reset to medium brightnes. As I use a dedicated home cinema room I need to have as less brightness as possible.
Is this a bug?

Ironically, this seems to happen on only one of our two 1100's. The "buggy" one is not in regular use as it's for my eventual reassembly of a dedicated 2-ch system. IIRC, this remote was bought from Logitech as a refurb unit.

If it weren't for your post, I'm not sure if I would have noticed this!
post #1589 of 2037
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

The remote will get wiped clean once you update the 1100 with the new account. It will not download its programming to your account. You will need to start from scratch, but it shouldn't be much more difficult than the One. It is still a Harmony remote after all.

Thanks for the info Bryansj, I havent done anything with it yet as they were having some meetings and I didnt want to "tear it apart" and not get it reprogrammed. I may play around with it this weekend. Again thanks for the response!
post #1590 of 2037
I have a Harmony 1100 and RF Extender running an Onkyo TX-NR809 A/V receiver with no line of sight. The receiver has 'Port' and 'Receiver' buttons on the original remote which allow one to switch zones and control those zones (input source, volume, and power on/off).

The 'Port' and 'Receiver' commands are not listed in the IR commands list for my receiver and when I try to teach them as a custom command, the Harmony 1100 does not recognize these buttons.

How can I control switching to and control of Zones 2/3 from my Harmony so that I don't have to go to the room behind my TV to turn on/off or control volume for Zones 2/3?

Everythink else is working great. Thanks for any help you can offer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Remote Control Area
AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Remote Control Area › The Harmony 1100 Owner's Thread...