Originally Posted by hollisterny
I am looking into the Harmony 1100 and have a few questions that I was hoping to get answered.
I do not have an 1100, but will try to answer those questions that are common to Harmony remotes.
1. Once I set up and add my equipment are the screens for each component fully configurable? For example if I choose the “Watch Cable TV” activity and it turns all my components on and the screen to a screen that shows common cable TV remote controls can I configure the cable remote screen to contain the controls I find most valuable along with a list of favorite channels? Yes
2. Can I scale the size of the icons to pack in as much as I fine ideal on the screen? No
3. How is the width of the IR signal? Does it need to be pointed directly at each component? It is reasonable but is dependent on your room and surfaces. It should operate similar to your original remote.
4. How is the RF extender that Logitech sells? It is reasonable
5. I have seen in some youtube videos that the remote asks you if everything executed properly after executing an activity. Can you disable this feature? I am surprised that this feature exists, suspect this is non standard.
6. I have a Sony STR-DA3700ES receiver, KLD-55HX750 TV and BDP-s790 Blu-ray. They all seem to have “Bravia Sync” and I think there is a way to have them all turn on/off if any one of them turns on/off. Anyone have any experience with this? Turn off all these sync features in the various devices. The Harmony handles the power on/off state of all devices.
7. This remote does support discrete commands correct? Yes