or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › BIC America F12 sub anyone ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BIC America F12 sub anyone ?

post #1 of 2834
Thread Starter 
Amazon has these on preorder for $210.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
Here is info from BIC America website

BIC F12

Price (MSRP): $449/Each
Design: Front-firing 12" 475-watt peak powered subwoofer
Frequency Response: 25Hz - 200Hz
Sensitivity: 90dB
Drivers: 12" Injection molded woofer with heavy duty surround
Magnetic Shielding: YES
Gold-Plated Terminals:YES
Recommended Power: Built-in Amplifier Power: 475 watts Dynamic Peak, 150 watts RMS continuous
Impedance: 8 ohms
Dimensions: 17"H x 14 3/4"W x 17 1/4"D
Weight: 42 Pounds Each
Warranty: 5 Years Parts & Labor

Compared to Acoustech H-100

Price (MSRP): $499 / Each
Design: Heavy Duty Front-Firing 12" Powered Subwoofer, BASH designed amp.
Frequency Response: 24Hz - 200Hz (+/- 3dB) variable (adjustable crossover)
Sensitivity: 90 dB
Drivers: Heavy Duty 12" Long-Throw Poly-graphite woofer with high power magnet.
Magnetic Shielding: NO
Gold-Plated Terminals:YES
Recommended Power: Built-in Amplifier Power - 150 Watt RMS, 500-Watt Dynamic Peak
Impedance: 8 ohms
Dimensions: 17" H x 15" W x 18 1/4" D
Weight: 42 lbs Each
Warranty: 2 Year Parts and Labor.

It seems that they are almost identical but H100 is slightly better in the specs
post #2 of 2834
From my understanding this is the true replacement for the BIC H-100.

Klipsch filed a lawsuit against BIC for using the copper colored cones that Klipsch uses in the reference line. So BIC changed the color of the entire Acoustech line. The speakers from my understanding are the same. The cones are only a different color.

Someone else may have more info on the lawsuit. But from my understanding this was the agreement that was made.
post #3 of 2834
I'm also interested in a relatively inexpensive sub for a second (2.1) system.

I'll admit, the information out on the BIC H-100 was a little confusing. I had heard that it's not longer made (yet there several on-line sites are selling - perhaps leftover stock?), to the VK-12 is the replacement, now the F12 is the "actual" replacement

Like the OP, I do wonder if the F12 is equal/comparable to the H-100. I think the VK-12 is a "step up" in terms of the specs/power?

Of course, there are the usual competition in the PA-120, and lower end models from Klipsh, Velodyne, etc..., that I've read and should consider too...

sometimes...ignorance IS bliss
post #4 of 2834
Does anyone know when the F12 is expected to ship? I noticed it has a 5 year warranty?
post #5 of 2834
Quote:
Originally Posted by NADz View Post

From my understanding this is the true replacement for the BIC H-100.

Klipsch filed a lawsuit against BIC for using the copper colored cones that Klipsch uses in the reference line. So BIC changed the color of the entire Acoustech line. The speakers from my understanding are the same. The cones are only a different color.

Someone else may have more info on the lawsuit. But from my understanding this was the agreement that was made.

LOL..how ridiculous of Klipsch to file a lawsuit for that...I wonder how many companies sue for others making black speaker cones?

peace
post #6 of 2834
I ordered the F12 from Amazon for $210 shipped. It shipped out yesterday and I should get it Tuesday.
post #7 of 2834
I ordered mine last Tuesday and it arrived on Wednesday. Hooked right up and watched Transformers and it sounds great. I did not have a sub beforehand so I can't compare it to anythinge else. It looks good, shakes the room, and the grill is attached well, I am happy for $210.00.
post #8 of 2834
Quote:
Originally Posted by jntart View Post

I ordered mine last Tuesday and it arrived on Wednesday. Hooked right up and watched Transformers and it sounds great. I did not have a sub beforehand so I can't compare it to anythinge else. It looks good, shakes the room, and the grill is attached well, I am happy for $210.00.

Did any of the documentation that came with the sub state that the both the amp and woofer are guaranteed for 5 years?

Alot of these subs are stating 2 years on the amp, and 5 years on the woofer. I am trying to confirm if this one has 5 years on all parts..thanks
post #9 of 2834
Quote:
Originally Posted by jntart View Post

I ordered mine last Tuesday and it arrived on Wednesday. Hooked right up and watched Transformers and it sounds great. I did not have a sub beforehand so I can't compare it to anythinge else. It looks good, shakes the room, and the grill is attached well, I am happy for $210.00.

Ported or sealed?
post #10 of 2834
please post some pics
post #11 of 2834
I will get some pictures up this weekend. It is front firing and rear ported. I was so excited to get the sub I have not even looked at the paperwork but I will tonight. I have it hooked up to a Onkyo 606 in a 7.1 setup including Klispch b3, s1 surrounds. Now to get my HT from 90% to 100%.
post #12 of 2834
The Acoustech H100 and BIC F12 both have 150w rms amps. The BIC VK-12 and the new Acoustech PL-200 have 250w rms amps. The new Acoustech sub is supposed to be out at the end of February. The PL-200 is on the. bicamerica.com
post #13 of 2834
Quote:
Originally Posted by jntart View Post

I will get some pictures up this weekend. It is front firing and bottom ported. I was so excited to get the sub I have not even looked at the paperwork but I will tonight. I have it hooked up to a Onkyo 606 in a 7.1 setup including Klispch b3, s1 surrounds. Now to get my HT from 90% to 100%.

Thanks!
post #14 of 2834
Now I wonder how this compares to the PA-120?
post #15 of 2834
Sub came today! This is my first 'real' sub other than the one that came in my HTIB setup. I am more than impressed so far! I haven't worked it above the 4-5 setting, but I'm in love... I'll let it break in some more before I tick off the neighbors




post #16 of 2834
Looks Nice! Thanks for posting. I noticed that the box says 5 year warranty..is that for all parts? I can't tell from the pics if it has a single LFE input, or a L+R..can you confirm which?
post #17 of 2834
Yes, it says it does have a 5 year parts/labor warranty which of course excludes sustained cosmetic damages.
Here is the schematic of the rear end of the sub. Yes it does have the LFE input.
post #18 of 2834
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmenxmenxmen View Post

Now I wonder how this compares to the PA-120?


I am interested as well *NICE PICS*
post #19 of 2834
it looks sweet but all the sub.s i bought in past i coud of of order a hsu or suv. i bought a brand new black pa 120 sub. this past week, but will be selling it for hit me up if someone interested nib. i pull the trigger on svs pb10 sd. for just under 500.00 price tag, i finally want the real subwoofer. and stop buying those 200.00 -300.00 specials. but good luck with her and look forward to your review on f12.
post #20 of 2834
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffjustice View Post

it looks sweet but all the sub.s i bought in past i coud of of order a hsu or suv. i bought a brand new black pa 120 sub. this past week, but will be selling it for hit me up if someone interested nib. i pull the trigger on svs pb10 sd. for just under 500.00 price tag, i finally want the real subwoofer. and stop buying those 200.00 -300.00 specials. but good luck with her and look forward to your review on f12.

Yea, I was going to get a $400 sub I liked, but after doing research I just don't think it would have been worth the money. There seemed to be a huge cult following of the H100 and this F12 was its replacement. It's a huge improvement over the 8" Sony sub that's for sure. I just don't think I could justify spending $500 on a better sub right now. I would much rather spend the extra money and get new L and R speakers as well as a new center.
I can't wait till our house is finished so I can crank it up and not annoying the neighbors.
post #21 of 2834
thanks for the pics, good luck with it.
post #22 of 2834
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94GTStang View Post

Yes, it says it does have a 5 year parts/labor warranty which of course excludes sustained cosmetic damages.
Here is the schematic of the rear end of the sub. Yes it does have the LFE input.

Thanks for the schematic, and the confirmation of the 5 yr. all parts warranty.

I have read nothing but praise for Bic America's in-warranty, and out of warranty service.

I noticed it has a separate switch for a pro-logic receiver, and a 5.1, 6.1, and 7.1 receiver..hmm? I don't know if that is common in subs or not? Has anyone ever seen that, and what it's function does/mean?

So what are your thoughts on it GTstang after using it a little more? I know it shakes your environment, but how do you think it does overall with music and movies.
post #23 of 2834
Quote:
Originally Posted by tingham View Post

Thanks for the schematic, and the confirmation of the 5 yr. all parts warranty.

I have read nothing but praise for Bic America's in-warranty, and out of warranty service.

I noticed it has a separate switch for a pro-logic receiver, and a 5.1, 6.1, and 7.1 receiver..hmm? I don't know if that is common in subs or not? Has anyone ever seen that, and what it's function does/mean?

So what are your thoughts on it GTstang after using it a little more? I know it shakes your environment, but how do you think it does overall with music and movies.

Well, we've been out all day today so I haven't had a chance to watch any normal programs or movies. We will probably get Madagascar II to watch on it tonight.
I did play some music earlier today and it seemed to do pretty well. I felt it handled the bassier music much better and much cleaner than the old Sony did. The old Sony didn't really accentuate the lower bass notes like this one does. It more of grunted instead.
I have it set to about the 4 setting and placed diagonally in the corner like I had the old sub.
post #24 of 2834
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94GTStang View Post

Well, we've been out all day today so I haven't had a chance to watch any normal programs or movies. We will probably get Madagascar II to watch on it tonight.
I did play some music earlier today and it seemed to do pretty well. I felt it handled the bassier music much better and much cleaner than the old Sony did. The old Sony didn't really accentuate the lower bass notes like this one does. It more of grunted instead.
I have it set to about the 4 setting and placed diagonally in the corner like I had the old sub.

That's cool man..glad you like it so far. If you have any more additional thoughts please post them..thanks. I think I am going to pull the trigger on this regardless.

I have been sub-less for 6 months now since my old Yamaha kicked the bucket. I'm pretty sure this is gonna be significantly better than my old one.
post #25 of 2834
I'm also looking to buy this sub to replace my Boston Acoustics sub, it's the one that came with the Horizon MCS-130 speaker package, seen here - http://www.bostonacoustics.com/MCS-1...kage-P159.aspx - basic specs, 10", 200watts, 40-150Hz. I'll be using it with Infinity Primus speakers, 362/360/152's, crossover will be set to 80. I know it's tough to answer without actually hearing each sub, but will it be a noticeable upgrade to my current sub? It's not too much money so I'm not expecting elite performance. My room is pretty small, it's my bedroom, I use my HTS for everything really, movies/music/games.
post #26 of 2834
I don't know if it will be a noticeable upgrade or not, but the f12 has a bigger woofer and goes deeper. I know it will be better..but how much, I can't say.

I ended up purchasing the F12 from BeachAudio.com. The total after Live cashback was $196.00 shipped. Hopefully, I will have it by the end of the week.
post #27 of 2834
that looks near identical to my H100. the rear is the exact same, even the grill on the front. I would say, it is the same cabinet as my H100 with sinply a different driver. or at least a different colored cone.
post #28 of 2834
Quote:
Originally Posted by antwon412 View Post

that looks near identical to my H100. the rear is the exact same, even the grill on the front. I would say, it is the same cabinet as my H100 with sinply a different driver. or at least a different colored cone.

I hope it sounds the same too...
post #29 of 2834
been looking for a sub to replace my velo VX10. just ordered from amazon. looks good, hope it comes thru!
post #30 of 2834
I LOVE my Bic-H100 that's paired up with Polk Monitor 70's, 40's and CS2. It shakes my living room and house. Now that I need to get a sub for my bedroom, I decided to get the Bic f12. It is more sub then I need but cannot pass up the price.

For those of you that are getting this as your first powerd sub will love the difference immediately. I know I did.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › BIC America F12 sub anyone ?