Jeff, thanks for the ping. I guess I've gotten behind on updating my thread. Unfortunately I left my camera at a friends house with the latest weeks progress but here are the progress pics up to that point.
I finished the front of the riser. Previously I had left that unfinished pending finalization on the position of the front row of seats. I also added two additional layers to the riser with roofing felt in between (the full "Erskine spec" design) and fitted a pair of step lights each side. I'm not sure if all the layers were necessary but I can tell you the riser is absolutely solid!
Each row has outlets, connection to floor lighting circuit (in case I want to illuminate under the seats or behind the bar), and a conduit running to one of the columns on the left side (you can see these in the first pic).
Whilst the dust was flying I also opened up a couple of the joist bays at the rear of the riser. The idea here is to try to leverage the riser cavity for a bit more bass trapping. I wont need vent covers since these openings will be hidden by the rear wall acoustic panels.
The most time consuming job was finishing up all the internal wiring. Most folks have this nailed before the drywall but my decision to run wiring inside the shell meant that I still had this to do. Whilst this may lead to improved room sealing I think it was actually more work than the normal practice of wiring after framing.
All circuits were run into my "closet" space to an area that will be paneled over. I think I have everything covered. Some of the lighting zones will be combined, but wiring them separately give me some flexibility. Actually I figure out that if I use a Grafik Eye QS I can actually control 7 zones -- the 7th would leverage one of the shade outputs to switch the star ceiling on/off. See not completely decided on the GE vs. alternatives though.
I also managed to "find" the hidden wires under the riser and bring them up in the position where the rear bar will be framed:
Finally added a 2" conduit from the projector location to above my rack closet.
Actually there was a lot more wiring that I needed to finishing up including the addition of a structured wiring panel for the cable and internet distribution that I managed to centralized during the remodel. This panel is in the rack closet outside of the theater (the one area left to drywall).
With all the internal wiring wrapped up, the next job was the acoustic treatment. (I did take some initial measurement with REW prior to adding any treatment -- I'll post these later when I have something to compare against).
Front wall: Corner base traps, use of area behind soffit as additional trap, then 2" OC703 over the entire wall.
The soffits are stuffed with the pink stuff with a 2" layer OC703 supporting the bottom. Working on each 2' section at a time I was able to completely fill with insulation. The side soffits are completed the same way but with FSK facing to prevent too much HF absorption.
The corner traps, or as my daughter calls them "chunks of cheese", and front wall prior to complete coverage.
That's all the photos I have downloaded at this point. I'll post pics of the rest of the room when I recover the camera!