Well, I watched video in the old vic last night ... but it's not quite what you think. Before covering up the walls in the alcove I thought it would be a good idea to add a small screen to allow setup/messing without having to fire up the projector. I found the cheapest 1080p 15" screen I could find (a whooping $115) and added a mounting point in the only spot it would fit (above the GE controllers).
Then fitted the panels and mounted the screen.
I also managed to finish up all the remaining fabric panels behind the screen wall (corner traps, ceiling)
I had to do a little work on the door handle to accommodate the extra thickness of the door before finishing those panels, but I also wanted to leave some options open for additional sound isolation such as additional seals. I expected the door to be the weakest link but I had higher expectations (but I do have some ideas..)
I made a mistake when ordering the door and didn't opt for a larger setback (to allow room for bulky seals, etc) so I rectified that mistake by filling, then re-boring. It also occurred to me that door handle hole is a decent sized hole in the aquarium covered by flimsy decorative covers, so I partially filled it. The filler has the added advantage of locating the handle so don't spin relative to one another. This function is normally accomplished by interlocking parts, but when the handle is stretched to fit a thick door the parts no longer interlock. BTW the plate on the outside of the door is a temporary spacer -- more on that to follow.
The core was extended by welding parts from a old handle I had lying around with an additional metal dowel.
Here's how the (hidden) door looks after the final cloth panel was added.
The only thing left to do is make a custom door catch plate to replace my ghetto version
-- need to find a tiny piece of sheet stainless steel.