or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › [Requests] PS3 Media Server Thumbnails
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Requests] PS3 Media Server Thumbnails

post #1 of 83
Thread Starter 
Since I've received a few requests from people who don't have Photoshop to utilize my PSD templates for covers for PS3 media server (but it should be possible to use these with other streamers etc) I've decided to start this thread where those, who don't have the know how to make the cool covers from my files, can request movie titles and I will post the version in PNG so you can use it.

Just submit your requests in the following form:

1. Title name
2. HD or SD
3. Format (DVD, BD, HD DVD)

So sample would be like this:

1. Tomb Raider
2. HD
3. Blu-Ray


So your delivery file will look like this:



Those who can make the files based on my templates are also encouraged to help the others in their requests because we all know how great it feels when you browse through your collection of movies and have nice covers.

Please join the Flickr Group here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/ps3mscovers/ and you can contribute.


UPDATE 02/10:

DVD template added too:




Direct link to templates:

BD HD template:
PS3MS Cover Template - BD HD

BD HD template:
PS3MS Cover Template - DVD SD
post #2 of 83
Great! Added to favorites.

Any chance on posting to Flickr what you already have? I have over 400 movies and chances are you may already have what I or others need.

Again, thanks for all your hard work and willingness to do this.

Bob
post #3 of 83
Thread Starter 
Bob, I'll do that as soon as I get some time this week. I'm also making a template for DVD as others have asked for it.
post #4 of 83
This sounds great. Do you want them submitted in this thread or through PM? Also, can I submit a bunch at one time or should I submit them individually?
post #5 of 83
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaPoitier View Post

This sounds great. Do you want them submitted in this thread or through PM? Also, can I submit a bunch at one time or should I submit them individually?

I think best way is for you joining the flickr group and submit there. This way we can all have one spot source for all thumbnails.
post #6 of 83
Sounds good. I'll be signed up under my PSN ID name.
post #7 of 83
Good news. A very close friend of mine who is a Graphics Designer let me use one of his licenses for CS4 and I am now cranking out quite a few of these and would be happy to share. I have done over 300 images to date.

Bob

/Edit: I just added 132 to Flickr...
post #8 of 83
Just added one.
post #9 of 83
Thread Starter 
DVD template added too:




Direct link to templates:

BD HD template:
PS3MS Cover Template - BD HD

BD HD template:
PS3MS Cover Template - DVD SD
post #10 of 83
Bozster,

You definitely have talent in PS, would you have the time to make a folder template? I would like to have my folders with names i.e. Action, Thriller, etc... and keep the others for the actual movies...

Bob
post #11 of 83
Thank-you. What a lot of work!

Cheers and thanks for your efforts.
post #12 of 83
Thread Starter 
Bob, I'll do it tomorrow.. btw you are a machine.. slow down I can't keep up with comparison of titles I have when you are pumping them out this fast
post #13 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozster View Post

Bob, I'll do it tomorrow.. btw you are a machine.. slow down I can't keep up with comparison of titles I have when you are pumping them out this fast

Boz,

I have found a set of folders ready to be used along with a psd template, the author is cgreenle and was in the SageTV files section. Here is a sample....



/Edit: I uploaded these to Flickr.

PSD - Folder-PSD
post #14 of 83
I've been holding off on installing PS3 Media server but now I have a good reason to. Thanks for your efforts guys, much appreciated.
post #15 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Wizard View Post

Boz,

I have found a set of folders ready to be used along with a psd template, the author is cgreenle and was in the SageTV files section. Here is a sample....



/Edit: I uploaded these to Flickr.

PSD - Folder-PSD

Hey Bob,

I have a question about these folder templates. Can they be used as folder art in PS3 Media Server. More specifically, I have my movies arranged like this: /Movies/Comedy/[Individual Movies w/Cover Art]; could this folder template be used so that when I open up the "Movies" folder there will be album art/folder art for the "Comedy" folder and then individual box art for the movies? If so that would be awesome......how do I do that? I asked this question in the PS3 Media Server thread and was told it was not possible.
post #16 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaPoitier View Post

Hey Bob,

I have a question about these folder templates. Can they be used as folder art in PS3 Media Server. More specifically, I have my movies arranged like this: /Movies/Comedy/[Individual Movies w/Cover Art]; could this folder template be used so that when I open up the "Movies" folder there will be album art/folder art for the "Comedy" folder and then individual box art for the movies? If so that would be awesome......how do I do that? I asked this question in the PS3 Media Server thread and was told it was not possible.

As far as I know this cannot be done yet but I and a few others have requested it. I think if enough people add to the thread maybe Shagrath would work on it quicker...

FYI, here is the link to the discussion -> http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=479
post #17 of 83
Thread Starter 
I'll make a bit nicer folders.. but I'm unsure how we can use this.. what's your intention on using the folder PNGs for? in OS?
post #18 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozster View Post

I'll make a bit nicer folders.. but I'm unsure how we can use this.. what's your intention on using the folder PNGs for? in OS?

This is going to be used for folders in PS3M when it is implemented and can be used now for anyone not wanting to clutter up their folders with images for all the movies....

You can make nicer ones than these? Can't wait to see them as I thought these were really nice....
post #19 of 83
Hi All,

Is there a tutorial on how to use the template? I would like to contribute some covers.

cheers

Philby
post #20 of 83
or better, I can directly use your template so you do not have to add the cover in Photoshop
and don't bother working on folders icons, ps3 does not support them
post #21 of 83
There seems to be a sudden groundswell of enthusiasm about video thumbnails both here and on the PS3 media server forum here: http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34. And, others are offering their templates their as well.

Bozster, I've been "advertising" for your template there as "rickster53", but pointing folks here so you get the deserved credit!
post #22 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrath78 View Post

or better, I can directly use your template so you do not have to add the cover in Photoshop
and don't bother working on folders icons, ps3 does not support them

Can you elaborate on how you can directly use the template in the PS3 Media Server?
post #23 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrath78 View Post

or better, I can directly use your template so you do not have to add the cover in Photoshop
and don't bother working on folders icons, ps3 does not support them


I am not understanding how you can use the template, can you explain in more detail?

Lastly, if the PS3 doesn't support folder icons how is it if we place icons in a folder in the root call "Pictures" and place 128x128 images there we can change any folder to now use those images by hitting the triangle button?

FYI, I believe the folder change was added in FW 2.40 if I remember correctly....
post #24 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Wizard View Post

I am not understanding how you can use the template, can you explain in more detail?

Lastly, if the PS3 doesn't support folder icons how is it if we place icons in a folder in the root call "Pictures" and place 128x128 images there we can change any folder to now use those images by hitting the triangle button?

FYI, I believe the folder change was added in FW 2.40 if I remember correctly....

Hi DW,

How do you create the folder called pictures? create it on a usb drive and copy? Does the image have to be called something?

A step by step for US dummies would be handy to try it out.


OK, I think I understand, this only works in the photo section of the XMB. I copied a folder from a usb stick which had a 128 X 128 pic. And the pic shows on the folder. It's a shame you cant do it on the video section of the XMB.



cheers

Philby
post #25 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by rettenhu View Post

Can you elaborate on how you can directly use the template in the PS3 Media Server?

not for now but I can add an automatic movie cover insertion into the template, no need to create those images, just put the movie cover along the video.
don't know If i can manage transparency though (it was just a idea, maybe it's not that easy to do)
post #26 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrath78 View Post

not for now but I can add an automatic movie cover insertion into the template, no need to create those images, just put the movie cover along the video.
don't know If i can manage transparency though (it was just a idea, maybe it's not that easy to do)

Understood...
post #27 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by philby85 View Post

Hi DW,

How do you create the folder called pictures? create it on a usb drive and copy? Does the image have to be called something?

A step by step for US dummies would be handy to try it out.


OK, I think I understand, this only works in the photo section of the XMB. I copied a folder from a usb stick which had a 128 X 128 pic. And the pic shows on the folder. It's a shame you cant do it on the video section of the XMB.



cheers

Philby

The Pictures folder needs to be in the root of the drive, same level as Photos.
post #28 of 83
using the template, i'll try to add some too as im a big HD fan streaming to the PS3

Think it may be better if the pics were put into some sort of A-Z though, as it's already 7 pages long...
post #29 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilmeuk View Post

using the template, i'll try to add some too as im a big HD fan streaming to the PS3

Think it may be better if the pics were put into some sort of A-Z though, as it's already 7 pages long...

When viewing members on Flickr, select my name bob.mac69 and view my sets.
post #30 of 83
just added quiet a few
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › [Requests] PS3 Media Server Thumbnails