or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Parasound Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Parasound Owners Thread - Page 75

post #2221 of 3342
Never heard of a amp that came with no feet the previous owner probably took them off . Looks like you'll need two sets of hockey pucks wink.gif
post #2222 of 3342
I just cut a couple of scrap chunks of wood in my garage to get it off the carpet. Will do something nicer later. I can't complain about missing feet. He told.me , price was right , seldom used , and working great.
post #2223 of 3342
Order replacements from Parasound or get rubber spacers from Monoprice. Rubber will provide vibration isolation which can impact sound with electronics, or so I'm told.
post #2224 of 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by jima4a View Post

Order replacements from Parasound or get rubber spacers from Monoprice. Rubber will provide vibration isolation which can impact sound with electronics, or so I'm told.

How do you order them ? There website is Spartan. Do you email them directly ?
post #2225 of 3342
Either but I would call. They are great to talk to, first class company.
(415) 397-7100
post #2226 of 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by jima4a View Post

Either but I would call. They are great to talk to, first class company.
(415) 397-7100

+1 wink.gif
post #2227 of 3342
Well u guys are right , what a 1st class operation . I sent parasound an email this morning and on a Sunday Richard emails me back and is going to send the feet free to me. Very impressed .
post #2228 of 3342
OK...I just know the negative feedback I'm gonna get from this, since I got my a23 I have always had a very slight hum from it,not noticeable unless its dead quiet in the room...we narrowed it down to my cable running to my cable box
Interfere with the amp...well I replaced the power cord from my halo a23 with a pangea ac-9...the hum from the halo is gone!...another customer had his a21 in for service because of the him...we could not re.create that him at the shop
It was dead quiet...told him my experience..he took it home..got a ac9 power cord
No more hum!... Yes I know ..sooo many nonbelievers in cables/cords..but this took care of the problem....the long dragged out debate over interconnects/cords etc..is no different than the debate over the.all amps sound the same debate!
We have this parasound thread because we know that parasounds are not your average amp...we do believe!.. All I can say is I have no more hum!
And I'm a happy camper!... OK..let the#+$%& fly!
post #2229 of 3342
Sometimes just running XLRs can correct the problem to wink.gif
post #2230 of 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post

Sometimes just running XLRs can correct the problem to wink.gif
Yes that's true also
post #2231 of 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post

Well u guys are right , what a 1st class operation . I sent parasound an email this morning and on a Sunday Richard emails me back and is going to send the feet free to me. Very impressed .
Yes parasound is a top Notch company, I called them a few months ago ,after a nice conversation about amps/cables etc..they sent me some parasound t-shirts!
post #2232 of 3342
Love Parasound! smile.gif
post #2233 of 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by esh516 View Post

Yes parasound is a top Notch company, I called them a few months ago ,after a nice conversation about amps/cables etc..they sent me some parasound t-shirts!
Have any extras ? biggrin.gif
post #2234 of 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post

Love Parasound! smile.gif
X 2 biggrin.gif
post #2235 of 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by esh516 View Post

OK...I just know the negative feedback I'm gonna get from this, since I got my a23 I have always had a very slight hum from it,not noticeable unless its dead quiet in the room...we narrowed it down to my cable running to my cable box
Interfere with the amp...well I replaced the power cord from my halo a23 with a pangea ac-9...the hum from the halo is gone!...another customer had his a21 in for service because of the him...we could not re.create that him at the shop
It was dead quiet...told him my experience..he took it home..got a ac9 power cord
No more hum!... Yes I know ..sooo many nonbelievers in cables/cords..but this took care of the problem....the long dragged out debate over interconnects/cords etc..is no different than the debate over the.all amps sound the same debate!
We have this parasound thread because we know that parasounds are not your average amp...we do believe!.. All I can say is I have no more hum!
And I'm a happy camper!... OK..let the#+$%& fly!
It's quite likely that the improved shielding on the after market cord is what is responsible for your hum being eliminated. As The Factor mentioned, XLRs probably would have done the same. I know this to be true from my own experience with the A-51. I had a noticable hum emanating from all speakers hooked to it until I ran XLRs from the C-2 controller to the amp which solved the problem.

At any rate, congrats on eliminating the hum. It can be a VERY frustrating chore to do so and if all it took was an after market power cord, that's great and an easy fix too. smile.gif
post #2236 of 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqdog View Post

It's quite likely that the improved shielding on the after market cord is what is responsible for your hum being eliminated. As The Factor mentioned, XLRs probably would have done the same. I know this to be true from my own experience with the A-51. I had a noticable hum emanating from all speakers hooked to it until I ran XLRs from the C-2 controller to the amp which solved the problem.

At any rate, congrats on eliminating the hum. It can be a VERY frustrating chore to do so and if all it took was an after market power cord, that's great and an easy fix too. smile.gif
Thank-you
post #2237 of 3342
Parasound will be showing the new P5 preamp at the California Audio Show in Millbrae, Ca. this weekend according to the CAS website.
post #2238 of 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post

Well then for you free ???for me 60 dollars at homeDepot . Was just trying to help you out there bud rolleyes.gif

Your stand is very impressive looking! Nice work. Was that from some sort of kit or just made up from scratch?
post #2239 of 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarmillMan View Post

Your stand is very impressive looking! Nice work. Was that from some sort of kit or just made up from scratch?
Thank you ! I just went to Home Depot and bought a couple of 3/4 " sheets of solid pine . Had them cut to my measurements then bonded them together . Bought some wood feet and stain a long with a clear coat . Sanded everything down and that was the finished product . It was a fun project and saved some money from buying one already made prices ranged from 125 dollars up to 300 plus . Another option is you can pick up a cutting board /butcher block and sand it down and stain it to the finish you like then put some feet on and your there. Ive stained it a darker walnut to match my Dyns since this picture
Edited by TheFactor - 8/7/13 at 10:09am
post #2240 of 3342
Hers another pic after I used a darker walnut stain . Its actually a little darker then it looks in the picture
post #2241 of 3342
It matches everything very well.
I looked at your system-you have all nice stuff. Are you using the Parasound for music or for your theater system?
post #2242 of 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarmillMan View Post

It matches everything very well.
I looked at your system-you have all nice stuff. Are you using the Parasound for music or for your theater system?
Thanks ! For now I'm using the A21 for my fronts in my HT and a A52 for my center and rears . But my plan was to use the A21 for my 2 ch setup but it sounds so good powering my fronts for the HT .So I picked up a little NAD 356bee IA for my 2 ch setup and it sounds really good to better then I expected .But I'm still planning on using the A21 for my 2 ch setup and just using the NAD as a pre-amp . It feels like im wasting the A21 using it for my HT its such a sweet amp should sound outstanding with my 2ch . I just need to pick up some longer interconnects first . But until then I'm pretty content the way everything sounds and has worked out .
post #2243 of 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post

Hers another pic after I used a darker walnut stain . Its actually a little darker then it looks in the picture

Here's a tip for finishing . Use watco Danish oil and you can mix two colors to get an exact color you want. Then apply first coat and let dry for hour. Put on second coat using 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper . Sand in circles first to drive the oil into the pores of the wood. Then sand with the grain. While you are sanding make sure their is a film of oil on the surface at all times . Lastly and most important buff off the excess oil for 30 seconds pushing hard. The friction will create a super smooth surface . Wait a day and repeat for 3rd coat and you will have an amazing finish. If you want a little shine ,mix some urethane in with the watco oil.
I have been using this method for 20 years and it works great.
post #2244 of 3342
Just curious here, but which Parasound amp provides the most wattage/amps before the switch to A/B mode? For example, previously it was said that the A51 provides 7W (or amps) before switching while the A52 does 4W (or amps?).

So which one goes highest?
post #2245 of 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur9 View Post

Just curious here, but which Parasound amp provides the most wattage/amps before the switch to A/B mode? For example, previously it was said that the A51 provides 7W (or amps) before switching while the A52 does 4W (or amps?).

So which one goes highest?
Not sure which has the most but the A21 is class A for the first 10 watts I beleive . Here's a review check out the vid . http://www.andrew-robinson-online.com/review-parasound-halo-a-21-two-channel-power-amplifier/#sthash.xdbDlqCx
post #2246 of 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post

Not sure which has the most but the A21 is class A for the first 10 watts I beleive . Here's a review check out the vid . http://www.andrew-robinson-online.com/review-parasound-halo-a-21-two-channel-power-amplifier/#sthash.xdbDlqCx

JC1= aprox 25 Watts before switch over

A21= aprox 10 Watts before switch over

A31 and A51 are somewhere around 7 or 8 Watts before switch over

A52 aprox 3 Watts before switch over
post #2247 of 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post

Here's a tip for finishing . Use watco Danish oil and you can mix two colors to get an exact color you want. Then apply first coat and let dry for hour. Put on second coat using 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper . Sand in circles first to drive the oil into the pores of the wood. Then sand with the grain. While you are sanding make sure their is a film of oil on the surface at all times . Lastly and most important buff off the excess oil for 30 seconds pushing hard. The friction will create a super smooth surface . Wait a day and repeat for 3rd coat and you will have an amazing finish. If you want a little shine ,mix some urethane in with the watco oil.
I have been using this method for 20 years and it works great.
Thank you for the suggestion , that sounds like a great idea and I've never tryed Watco before always minwax . Those steps you've described sound like a great process for a glass like finish .My next finishing project Im going to try it and might even try it on my amp stand .
post #2248 of 3342
Watco really smells so give it a few.days to air out. Taught woodwork for. A long time. Wish I knew as much about home theater as I do woodwork .
post #2249 of 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalugadp View Post

Watco really smells so give it a few.days to air out. Taught woodwork for. A long time. Wish I knew as much about home theater as I do woodwork .
Thanks I'll remember that . One thing about Home Theater is everyday is a new learning curve for most . Beside enjoying the results the learning curve is something I really enjoy !
I took 4 years of cabinet making in high school but that was many years ago lol.
post #2250 of 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post

Thanks I'll remember that . One thing about Home Theater is everyday is a new learning curve for most . Beside enjoying the results the learning curve is something I really enjoy !
I took 4 years of cabinet making in high school but that was many years ago lol.
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who is regularly surprised by what I didn't know. Everytime I think I've got my equipment settings, speaker positions and acoustics nailed, something comes along that gets me experimenting and voila, it almost always is an improvement.

.......with a tweek tweek here and a tweek tweek there, here a tweek there a tweek etc. etc.biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Parasound Owners Thread