I finally decided to stop being lazy and actually print out my own set only to discover some minor issues. I've printed prototypes before but this was supposed to be my final set and I've noticed some things that are bothering me so I'm actually going back and tweaking it a bit.
Here's what I'm planning on tweaking:
1) Smoothing out the background to the main quote bar on the back. It has always looked a bit rough to me the way I photoshop'd the bar and you can kinda see the clone tool at work. So I plan to smooth that background out so it'll be less grainy and less obvious I used the clone stamp tool. The quirks really seem to stand out much more in print than it does on the screen to me.
2) For some reason when I finally print out a final print, the images are way dark for the small thumbnail pics and the cover pic. I've tried messing with the print settings and I just can't get it right. Someone suggested I set the print options so that Photoshop manages the colors but that made everything worse and still kept the picture dark. So I'm going to lighten those images just for myself unless other people are having the same problem to which I'll just make it a global change for everyone. It looks fine on my monitor but just darker when printed.
3) The height is an issue for some so I'm debating on just trimming off a mm on top and a mm on bottom, doing a simple scale in vertical height, or actually trying to realign some stuff while reducing the canvas size. I'll figure out what's easiest while still looking good without compromising quality.
Those are the tweaks I had in mind. Quite minor, but hell I'm already well invested into this project, I might as well go all the way. Not sure if I'll end up releasing everything publically unless there is large demand for it by people who also are annoyed with my little quirks
Here's an example of the quote bar that I'm talking about. The bottom is the before and the top is what I'm thinking of making it.