or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Infocus X10 for $1800???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Infocus X10 for $1800??? - Page 2

post #31 of 102
Can a mirror be used reflect the image back to the screen when the projector is facing away from the screen?
It would flip and reverse the image but I don't have a manual to see if it can do this.
post #32 of 102
Okay..the X10 is not going for work for me......my VP4001 is a short-throw PJ and it gives me full 120" of screen from 12 feet away ....

I'll pass on. Good luck to those ordering this baby!
post #33 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynym View Post

You can get this under $1000 if you're creative

$1299 from TigerDirect/CompUSA
-12% - [$155.99] - Live.com cash back (Tiger Direct)
------------------
$1143.99
- $200 Infocus Rebate (http://www.projectorpeople.com/SLIS/...200_033109.pdf )
------
$943.99


You can get 14% through Ebay for live.com cash back must us paypal and complete the transaction in 60 minutes. I will go that route
post #34 of 102
NTHEZONE, how do you do that? Do you visit Tigerdirect thru Ebay? Also, where does it say you get 14% instead of the 5% obtained by logging directly into live.com? I'd love to know how this works.
post #35 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragster View Post

Okay..the X10 is not going for work for me......my VP4001 is a short-throw PJ and it gives me full 120" of screen from 12 feet away ....

I'll pass on. Good luck to those ordering this baby!

The offset is a bummer for me. I could do it but it's gonna be a pain. Why the hell does infocus have such a ridiculous offset on their projectors!
post #36 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTHEZONE View Post

You can get 14% through Ebay for live.com cash back must us paypal and complete the transaction in 60 minutes. I will go that route

I was thinking about it but wasn't sure the $200 rebate would qualify via ebay.

For the extra $25, I'd go through TigerDirect.com to ensure you save the $200 on a rebate.
post #37 of 102
Well, I pulled the trigger on this deal. This will be my first projector so I am looking forward to seeing the positive reviews of this unit first hand. Looks I now have to have my contractor finishing my basement to move my electrical and hdmi connections back 2 feet.

By the way I went through Tiger Direct with the 12% cash back which was $156. Hopefully the $200 rebate will come through and I'll have this project shipped for under $975.
post #38 of 102
When I go to Live.com, the cashback is 5%. How do I get the 12 or 14% mentioned by some of you guys?
post #39 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunction26 View Post

Where do you sit without blocking the projector? lol

the cofee table/projector is behind the couch, above head level. so no
blocking.
post #40 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfi View Post

When I go to Live.com, the cashback is 5%. How do I get the 12 or 14% mentioned by some of you guys?

Type in just Infocus and on the right column you will see the gold circle and the Tigerdirect link for the 12%, scroll the pages until you see the 14% ebay link, page 8 I believe.

Great deal by the way.
post #41 of 102
Infocus Unathorize list is here

LIST
post #42 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2061 View Post

Type in just Infocus and on the right column you will see the gold circle and the Tigerdirect link for the 12%, scroll the pages until you see the 14% ebay link, page 8 I believe.

Great deal by the way.

Through live.com I searched infocus tiger direct and got the 12%. Appears my $156 is all ready listed as pending.
post #43 of 102
found it guys! Thanks!
post #44 of 102
Anyone care to comment on this projector compared to the Infocus 7210?

Will the color be better?

Are their offsets similar?

I will try to find out now.
post #45 of 102
I went through with the 12% discount and its in my Live cashback account now $156, just got to wait the 60 days though. Didn't want to mess with E bay.
Here is the Tigerdirect.com link 12%

Enjoy!!
post #46 of 102
can you forward tilt the projector lens up 1- 2 degress and tilt the screen also to Decrease (ceiling mount) the offset?
post #47 of 102
I have used Ebay many times for cash back with no problems. If you went through Ebay you would have gotten 14% and one of the sellers is TigerDirect.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NTHEZONE View Post

I went through with the 12% discount and its in my Live cashback account now $156, just got to wait the 60 days though. Didn't want to mess with E bay.
Here is the Tigerdirect.com link 12%

Enjoy!!
post #48 of 102
If I went through Ebay I would have save about $20
The shipping cost was $5 more on Ebay.

Now I will sign up for Bulb replacement warranty.
Link here
post #49 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynym View Post

So tempted by this deal..

I did some math using this projector calculator comparing it to my current trusty 4805 which is currently housed on a sofa table behind my couch.

When comparing the offset given 14'7" from wall with my 94" screen equating for zoom (1.04x with X10, 1.0x with 4805)

I calculated the following but I'm unsure if this is correct:

4805 offset is 12.8"
X10 offset is 16.6"

This sound right? Is the X10 a big difference from my existing 4805? And the bigger question is, will this work for me assuming the same location?

I currently have to prop up the back of my projector to get it to project correctly onto my screen (see image below)



Here is the calculation if you tilt the upward in degress will give you back some inches. you will also have to tilt the Screen the same amount of degrees. This will mostly benefit Ceiling mount , because table mount will tilt the screen upward.

at 14'7"
Degrees and screen offset adjustment
1° = 3 1/16"
2° = 6 1/8"
3° = 9 3/16"
4° = 12 1/4"
5° = 15 5/16"


Here is the formula just multiply the distance in Inches by the numbers below
Degrees Rise per inch
1° 0.0175
2° 0.035
3° 0.0525
4° 0.07
5° 0.0875
post #50 of 102
Hi guys,

I am new into the whole projector thing. So I need you advice.

According to my calculation X10 will fit into my room just perfectly.

But still, I want your help in review and correct/comment me if I am wrong.

I scratched my room. Please, see image attached.

The room has windows that could be shut out completely.

There is no screen right now, but I will (with your help) create some DIY screen.

Yaroslav.
LL
post #51 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by slavenya View Post

Hi guys,

I am new into the whole projector thing. So I need you advice.

According to my calculation X10 will fit into my room just perfectly.

But still, I want your help in review and correct/comment me if I am wrong.

I scratched my room. Please, see image attached.

The room has windows that could be shut out completely.

There is no screen right now, but I will (with your help) create some DIY screen.

Yaroslav.



Take a picture of your room I don't understand your drawing.
But if you have 189 inch throw then you basically can use a wall mount if there is a wall there behind the couch. and get around a 96 to 106 screen.
post #52 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTHEZONE View Post

Take a picture of your room I don't understand your drawing.
But if you have 189 inch throw then you basically can use a wall mount if there is a wall there behind the couch. and get around a 96 to 106 screen.

Sorry, for not explaining myself clearly.

There is a wall behind coach. And yes I am planning to use wall mount. Which gives me 190" - minus projector length throw way.
The wall from the opposite side is basiclly plain wall with 102 of usable width and 67 of usable height (height could be increased if needed but it demands some construction work - moving outlet).
post #53 of 102
Hi,

As suggested I photographed my room.

Certainly not the best photo in my live, but give an idea of what it looks like.

The picture on the wall is the place for screen.
LL
post #54 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynym View Post

So tempted by this deal..

I did some math using this projector calculator comparing it to my current trusty 4805 which is currently housed on a sofa table behind my couch.

When comparing the offset given 14'7" from wall with my 94" screen equating for zoom (1.04x with X10, 1.0x with 4805)

I calculated the following but I'm unsure if this is correct:

4805 offset is 12.8"
X10 offset is 16.6"

This sound right? Is the X10 a big difference from my existing 4805? And the bigger question is, will this work for me assuming the same location?



They changed the offset to accomidate people with larger rooms and higher ceilings. That is why I no longer have an InFocus projector. Too bad... At times I miss my 4805.

Great price, though.
post #55 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnykretentiv View Post

The offset is a bummer for me. I could do it but it's gonna be a pain. Why the hell does infocus have such a ridiculous offset on their projectors!

What does "offset do?" and why do people say DLP might not work for me in my room? Whats the difference in DLP and LCD projectors?
post #56 of 102
I got in on this yesterday - 14% Cashback through Ebay with TigerDirect and the $200 rebate was too good to pass up.

As for the Offset, don't worry too much. I've had DLP projectors with high offsets before. Simply tilt the projector up slightly and angle the screen forward (pull back towards rear wall from the bottom) to square the image. This is simple, works well, and actually looks cool.
post #57 of 102
Mine should be here Thursday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the eligibility of the rebate at this price. I don't think InFocus intended the rebate to apply to the 'blowout" price, since it's practically a sure thing that the dealers were given financial offsets to allow them to sell at this ridiculously low price. The dealer original cost must have been much higher than the selling price. Also, notice TigerDirect isn't mentioning the rebate.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get the rebate, but maybe I'm just being overly cynical.
post #58 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKB View Post

Mine should be here Thursday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the eligibility of the rebate at this price. I don't think InFocus intended the rebate to apply to the 'blowout" price, since it's practically a sure thing that the dealers were given financial offsets to allow them to sell at this ridiculously low price. The dealer original cost must have been much higher than the selling price. Also, notice TigerDirect isn't mentioning the rebate.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get the rebate, but maybe I'm just being overly cynical.

I'm in the same boat - X10 to arrive from Tiger Direct on Thursday, and skeptical about the odds of collecting on the rebate. But an earlier poster on this thread called Infocus, as did a couple of posters on this slickdeals.net thread (http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...1249423&page=2) regarding the $100 rebate on the X-9. All report that Tigerdirect is an authorized Infocus dealer.
post #59 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpit5 View Post

I'm in the same boat - X10 to arrive from Tiger Direct on Thursday, and skeptical about the odds of collecting on the rebate. But an earlier poster on this thread called Infocus, as did a couple of posters on this slickdeals.net thread (http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...1249423&page=2) regarding the $100 rebate on the X-9. All report that Tigerdirect is an authorized Infocus dealer.

I got mine from PP, who are also authorized. I don't think the authorized part is the problem though - I just think InFocus is going to deny the rebate claim on the basis that it only applies to X10's sold at the original MAP ($2299). Hope I'm wrong though!
post #60 of 102
I bought one from Projectorpeople and in their page they state the price as: "U$ 1080 (after Infocus rebate)". So If Infocus denies the rebate, I think PP have a problem.

Ric
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Infocus X10 for $1800???