Originally Posted by davelr
1. Can anyone verify that the highly sporadic connections would be primarily due to the line speed available? The PC viewer always connects, but I can see that the LG might have internal timeouts that cut the connection before it actually plays.
2. Have any of you had problems with online FW downloads on slow lines?
3. Has anyone been able to get a 390 to do a FW update from a USB file? If so, how? The instruction PDF on the support site doesn't seem to be accurate.
BTW: Once I get Netflix to actually start playing a movie it runs w/o problems. It's only getting it to play initially that's the problem.
3. They are very accurate, but they have file name as
and it's up to you to deduce that you downloaded a zipped file and you have to unzip it. They could be more explicit. After that it's a very smooth ride - been there, done it multiple times, never failed.
1. and 2. I believe there is a problem with your network, e.g., router. As you noted yourself a computer is much more sophisticated than 390 in processing
errors and time-outs. PPPoE introduces timeout while establishing a connection. You cannot change that, but a smarter router can help.