Originally Posted by RedZeppelin
Today I had my first Netflix glitch since upgrading to 2.05. It's the same problem I had with older firmware where the display timer would stop but the movie would keep going, but if I stopped the movie and resumed it later it would pick up at the time at which the display timer froze. It did that a lot with the 1.xx versions but I hadn't experienced it with 2.xx until today.
I rebooted the player and went back into the same movie I was watching in Netflix and it worked fine.
RedZeppelin, (or others)
Any other problems with this? You posted it once and nothing since.
Did you go back to 2.04 or did the problem go away?
I got a new 1600 today and a couple of the issues I was having with the old one have been fixed with the new unit. Those issues were if I paused Netflix and it when back to the menu when I restarted it there would be sound but no picture. If I changed the input on my receiver a few times the picture would come back again. I wasn't sure if it was the receiver or the unit. The other issue I had was some DVDs wouldn't start playing when you put them in. You might see the studio that made the movie at the start of the disc but then it never went to the menu, the screen when blank, but on the screen it said menu. If you pressed play it would start to play but never could get to the menu. Just some DVDs, not all.
When I bought the new 1600 it didn't have any problems the old one had. I put in one of the DVDs that was tripping up the old one and it worked great. I put Netflix on pause and let it time out time and time again without issue when it restarted. I was thrilled!!!!
I always stayed at Ver 2.04 because of your post saying you were having the same problems as the 1.xx versions. The new one I got today and it had 2.05 and I wasn't having any of the old problems so I upgraded the old unit to 2.05 and it still had the same issues. I just assumed it was a bad unit and my problems were solved until tonight watching Netflix and the old counter/going back to an earlier time issue popped back up.
So I guess the point of this novel is if you're having the problems my old one was having its probably an issue with your 1600 and not a firmware fix. Maybe someone having one of those issues will search and find this rambling post and it will help them!
Now I'm trying to get the the counter issue to happen and it won't!!! I'll probably let it ride and if the counter issue happens again I'll go back to 2.04 since that is the one firmware I've never had any issue with.