or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › "Official" PowerDVD Ultra 9 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Official" PowerDVD Ultra 9 Thread - Page 85

post #2521 of 2862
Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx View Post

It's definitely a bug of PDVD9. All the other players work fine (WinDVD 2010, TMT3 [no bitstream], MPC-HC etc.). Somehow CyberLink has not listed Core i3/i5 processors in Hardware Support List.

BTW the screen shot was taken with Core i3 530, GIGABYTE GA-H55M-UD2H, graphics driver 2040, PDVD9 2320a.

Maybe they're working on a patch. We haven't seen one since the minor A revision in late December, so, they're probably due to get something out there soon. I just hope it addresses more than just this issue.
post #2522 of 2862
Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx View Post

It's definitely a bug of PDVD9. All the other players work fine (WinDVD 2010, TMT3 [no bitstream], MPC-HC etc.). Somehow CyberLink has not listed Core i3/i5 processors in Hardware Support List.

BTW the screenshot was taken with Core i3 530, GIGABYTE GA-H55M-UD2H, Win 7 32, graphics driver 2040, PDVD9 2320a.

Bit OT so I'll keep it brief but I'd say, while it works, PQ using TMT3 with clarkdale is far from OK. No where near as bad as your screenshot but not good at all.

WinDVD is fine though. Might be worth double checking your TMT results Ren.

Wo0zy
post #2523 of 2862
Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx View Post

It's definitely a bug of PDVD9. All the other players work fine (WinDVD 2010, TMT3 [no bitstream], MPC-HC etc.). Somehow CyberLink has not listed Core i3/i5 processors in Hardware Support List.

BTW the screenshot was taken with Core i3 530, GIGABYTE GA-H55M-UD2H, Win 7 32, graphics driver 2040, PDVD9 2320a.

Thank you renethx, for confirming my results. I thought i was the only one. Yes, I'm running Arrandale Core i5 430m, Win7 64bit, Intel 2040 driver, and PDVD8 OEM. In the meantime, I will get a hold of WinDVD and test it out.

It only took renethx to respond for others to come out of the woodwork on this. I have posted this issue in many threads this past week with no responses at all.
post #2524 of 2862
New PowerDVD Ultra 9 patch 2528 available.


Updates:
Adds DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD file playback support
Adds TrueTheater HD with ATI Stream support
Adds TrueTheater with CUDA for video file playback
Adds support for Realtek ACL669/670/892 HD audio codec

Solved issues:
- GP issue with installed COMODO Firewall
- Region Code issue (BD) with installed Bitdefender SW
- Playback issues with AV Software installed
post #2525 of 2862
Woa! That's quite the impressive little update. Grabbing it now. I wanna check out this alleged file support for HD audio codecs. This has been a HUGE issue in the past. If they've solved that problem and can bitstream from files....WOA.
post #2526 of 2862
So power dvd support files? What kind of files? MKV?
post #2527 of 2862
I don't know what kind of crack they were smoking when they wrote that little release note, but, I can assure you I do not get any audio whatsoever on a m2ts file with TrueHD or DTS-HD MA track. The option for non-decoded HD audio isn't there at all. I would at least expect it to decode the darn audio to LPCM, even downsampled. But, no. Zero improvement whatsoever for me. Awesome.
post #2528 of 2862
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

I don't know what kind of crack they were smoking when they wrote that little release note, but, I can assure you I do not get any audio whatsoever on a m2ts file with TrueHD or DTS-HD MA track. The option for non-decoded HD audio isn't there at all. I would at least expect it to decode the darn audio to LPCM, even downsampled. But, no. Zero improvement whatsoever for me. Awesome.

not sure if they just added this, but even their features page talks about TrueHD support in "disc and file".
post #2529 of 2862
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackworth View Post

not sure if they just added this, but even their features page talks about TrueHD support in "disc and file".

From disc, great no problem. From file...not so much.
post #2530 of 2862
Rant:

You guys tenacity in dealing with PowerDVD should be commended…I threw in the towel months ago and never looked back….I do check here now and then to see if anything changes, sadly I see nothing has.

Mike
post #2531 of 2862
Overall it's not a bad player. It's just that it could be better with some minor attention to detail in a few key areas. The file playback thing was unexpected, so, the fact that it doesn't work doesn't really bother me. Other players at least decode the audio for you and play it as LPCM. I would like to at least see that kind of behavior. MKV with HD audio is becoming somewhat of a standard these days. The fact that you can't get ANY audio from it at all is disheartening for sure. I was also hoping they'd change the audio options page to show the non-decoded HD audio option at all times, but, alas, no, that's not the case. I haven't checked DVD playback to see if anything's improved there yet.
post #2532 of 2862
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

Overall it's not a bad player. It's just that it could be better with some minor attention to detail in a few key areas. The file playback thing was unexpected, so, the fact that it doesn't work doesn't really bother me. Other players at least decode the audio for you and play it as LPCM. I would like to at least see that kind of behavior. MKV with HD audio is becoming somewhat of a standard these days. The fact that you can't get ANY audio from it at all is disheartening for sure. I was also hoping they'd change the audio options page to show the non-decoded HD audio option at all times, but, alas, no, that's not the case. I haven't checked DVD playback to see if anything's improved there yet.

I will admit there are so many ways Blu-ray's can be authored it has to be a challenge for software player. The level of testing that must be done before every new release is launched without question is a challenge. What I was actually referring to was this bug.



Mike
post #2533 of 2862
Yea, that's not an overly good bug. I don't know if that's fixed in this build or not as I've never encountered it myself. It is challenging, but, that's why we pay them ridiculous sums of money for a piece of software, no?
post #2534 of 2862
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

It is challenging, but, that's why we pay them ridiculous sums of money for a piece of software, no?

Yes I have too...Paid them for PDVD 7 ultra and an update for 9. Decided to cut my losses and bought a 2 year subscription for AnyDVD-HD, because I wasn't sure I would be that keen on ripping everything.

Now I will be happy to pay Slysoft for my renewal, they provide the support we could only dream of from Cyberlink. I'm done with the rant now, you guys can go back to fixing your problems...I'm going to watch a movie.

Mike
post #2535 of 2862
SlySoft products certainly make using an HTPC quite a bit easier. As for fixing problems, naw, I have a setup on both of my machines that works, so, I'll let Cyberlink worry about the problems with PDVD9 at this point. I'm just waiting for a new patch to my favorite player and I'll be set.
post #2536 of 2862
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm View Post

New PowerDVD Ultra 9 patch 2528 available.

Updates:
Adds DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD file playback support

I can confirm it, now m2ts playing as file with HD sound, nice.
But still no sound if opening BDMV folder from hdd, ISO mounting works as usual.
post #2537 of 2862
Nothing.

PS:
new DirectX version,Feb2010:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...7-5ab8109cb4f5
post #2538 of 2862
Quote:
Originally Posted by bort403 View Post

I can confirm it, now m2ts playing as file with HD sound, nice.
But still no sound if opening BDMV folder from hdd, ISO mounting works as usual.

Wait, really?? That's working for you??? What the....I guess I'll have to figure out what's going on with my machine then. sigh.
post #2539 of 2862
is m2ts the only file format that powerdvd supports?
post #2540 of 2862
Quote:
Originally Posted by bort403 View Post

I can confirm it, now m2ts playing as file with HD sound, nice.
But still no sound if opening BDMV folder from hdd, ISO mounting works as usual.

Is it bitsteaming the audio or is it decoding it?
post #2541 of 2862
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

Wait, really?? That's working for you??? What the....I guess I'll have to figure out what's going on with my machine then. sigh.

It's working for me also. I'm not bitstreaming though.
post #2542 of 2862
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post

Is it bitsteaming the audio or is it decoding it?

Decoding, I'm using analog outs of Auzen X-fi HT.
post #2543 of 2862
Ahhhhh, ok. So they're decoding it now to downsampled LPCM. I'd have to change my options in audio properties to do LPCM instead of bitstreaming. Well that's a pain but still an improvement. Thanks for the info!
post #2544 of 2862
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

Ahhhhh, ok. So they're decoding it now to downsampled LPCM. I'd have to change my options in audio properties to do LPCM instead of bitstreaming. Well that's a pain but still an improvement. Thanks for the info!

And what's in your situation? Still no bitstreaming option for file?
post #2545 of 2862
Quote:
Originally Posted by bort403 View Post

And what's in your situation? Still no bitstreaming option for file?

That's correct. If you have the non-decoded HD audio option selected when you play a blu-ray, then switch to opening a m2ts file with HD audio, you simply get no audio at all. I'd have to go into the audio options and change it to decoded audio to get LPCM decoding. Still, it's an improvement.
post #2546 of 2862
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

That's correct. If you have the non-decoded HD audio option selected when you play a blu-ray, then switch to opening a m2ts file with HD audio, you simply get no audio at all. I'd have to go into the audio options and change it to decoded audio to get LPCM decoding. Still, it's an improvement.

im trying now and i have non-decoded HD audio option selected, i don't have to switch anything, whatever i play the audio is fine, ISO or m2ts
post #2547 of 2862
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

Still, it's an improvement.

It's a big improvement if you can use the decoders outside of PDVD. I'll have to test this a little later.
post #2548 of 2862
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post

It's a big improvement if you can use the decoders outside of PDVD. I'll have to test this a little later.

I hadn't actually thought of that but don't get too excited here. This is nothing that TMT3 hasn't been doing all along.
post #2549 of 2862
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

I hadn't actually thought of that but don't get too excited here. This is nothing that TMT3 hasn't been doing all along.

Except that you had to reset the audio decoder every time you played a file unless you wanted only two channel output. Viewing from a PVR software (like GBPVR, SageTV, BTV, etc), this can be a pain not to mention a huge WAF killer, especially if you only have a remote for input.
post #2550 of 2862
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post

Except that you had to reset the audio decoder every time you played a file unless you wanted only two channel output. Viewing from a PVR software (like GBPVR, SageTV, BTV, etc), this can be a pain not to mention a huge WAF killer, especially if you only have a remote for input.

This is quite true, but, I find it hard to believe that Cyberlink would (intentionally) open up their codecs for use by anyone. Try it out and let us know. That would be really big news if they did.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › "Official" PowerDVD Ultra 9 Thread