Quick Update on the progress:
Deployed the spray booth built last year-
Heres the exhaust door plug I use for winter operations-
(its really kinda sad that a build takes long enough that you can develop different methods for different seasons)
Part way through the clear coats I noticed the exhaust stopped working.. tracked it down to filters in the exhaust being clogged... At least I know the filters work.
I started mounting the wall panels.. heres where the walls meet the proscenium
I made an overall design decision.. I was getting worried that with all the trim etc that I was planning, the room would get "TOOOO BIZZY" and detract from the look I'm shooting for. So I decided I would go with all black fabric, and not use any of the Bronze colors on the side walls. The only color on the walls besides the black, will be the sconces. I am planning on putting a slightly higher sheen on the details like the Capitols and Fluted columns etc.
I built the 10 frames for the side walls and covered them with the 701 and slipped them in temporarily, they will eventually get a trim around them but Im waiting on some of the treatment materials.
So what I will be ending up with is the classic Red and Black ..
Heres a shot with just the soffit lights
I tried to take pictures with a longer exposure but I need a tripod or a steadier hand.. sorry for the blurry pics.
Ive not done anything to the back wall yet.. still thinking about how to work in the hush box. I think Im gonna finish the underside of the side soffits next.
Slowly plugging away, one piece at a time...