or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Castle" on ABC HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Castle" on ABC HD - Page 42

post #1231 of 1491
Not sure how it will play out, but the storyline about Castle's dad and the CIA appears to be picking up steam similar to what they have put us through with Kate and her mother. Could there be a crossing of the storylines somewhere up the road?
post #1232 of 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccur View Post

Not sure how it will play out, but the storyline about Castle's dad and the CIA appears to be picking up steam similar to what they have put us through with Kate and her mother. Could there be a crossing of the storylines somewhere up the road?
yeah the show needs a new road to go down ,even if it is a Rabbit Hole smile.gif
If Castle & Kate get comfy it's gonnnnaa get Boring Real Quick smile.gif
post #1233 of 1491
Well, ABC has aired episodes out-of-order again. Including tonight's episode, the past three have been:

510
512
511
post #1234 of 1491
^^^ where do you get the episode number? My Tivo occasionally shows episode numbers but for at least tonights Castle episode it does not, only gives it the title "Death gone crazy".
If they gave episode numbers and I let them build up I could actually watch them in the correct order, without the numbers I really have no way of knowing they are out of original order. Kind of wish they didn't mess with the original order!
post #1235 of 1491
I look here for episode info - http://epguides.com/Castle/
IT doesn't give you the number but it shows what episode should be airing.
post #1236 of 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

^^^ where do you get the episode number? My Tivo occasionally shows episode numbers but for at least tonights Castle episode it does not, only gives it the title "Death gone crazy".
If they gave episode numbers and I let them build up I could actually watch them in the correct order, without the numbers I really have no way of knowing they are out of original order. Kind of wish they didn't mess with the original order!

I have my sources biggrin.gif While the production/episode numbers for a few shows of Castle this season (so far) have been aired out-of-sequence, it doesn't necessarily mean that the shows were aired out-of-sequence. Sometimes, production needs result in episodes being produced out-of-sequence, after the production number was assigned. At this point in time, I have no data that says Castle should be seen in production number order. More than likely, the DVD release (no Blu-ray releases so far) will put them in air order.

That said, a show that has be poorly treated by ABC is Body of Proof. That series was horribly aired out-of-order and it showed.Story lines from early in the season were aired after episodes that referenced the early ones. And this happened for both seasons so far. Who knows what ABC is going to do to it this season.

Fox mistreated Firefly when it aired. But, when the DVD was released, it specifically pointed out the correct order of the episodes.
post #1237 of 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by cburbs View Post

I look here for episode info - http://epguides.com/Castle/
IT doesn't give you the number but it shows what episode should be airing.

I try and keep George up-to-date on production numbers for some shows in which I know the numbers. Shows produced by 20th Century Fox and Warner Bros. have the production number listed in the closing credits. ABC Studios, CBS Studios and NBC-Universal do not list the production numbers.

But, I've been behind in getting the numbers for this series to George.
post #1238 of 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

Shows produced by 20th Century Fox and Warner Bros. have the production number listed in the closing credits. ABC Studios, CBS Studios and NBC-Universal do not list the production numbers.
I've been wondering this for some time but do you know if there Is there a reason some programs have a program number 101, 201, etc. while others like Castle do not? Just curious.
post #1239 of 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

I've been wondering this for some time but do you know if there Is there a reason some programs have a program number 101, 201, etc. while others like Castle do not? Just curious.

No clue. One would have to go back decades to find out why some production studios include the production number in the closing credits, while others do not.
post #1240 of 1491

Wiki has production order codes for some Season 5 episodes.  I've lost the sense of continuity this season, anyway, so I have no idea if it still makes sense chronologically.

post #1241 of 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

That said, a show that has be poorly treated by ABC is Body of Proof. That series was horribly aired out-of-order and it showed.Story lines from early in the season were aired after episodes that referenced the early ones. And this happened for both seasons so far. Who knows what ABC is going to do to it this season.

They did they same thing with 'Don't Trust The B**** In Apt 23' this season--horribly out of order with story arcs conflicting. Of course, it was just essentially canceled so I guess it doesn't matter at this point. It seems simple enough for any network to NOT let this happen, so why does it?
post #1242 of 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

^^^ where do you get the episode number? My Tivo occasionally shows episode numbers but for at least tonights Castle episode it does not, only gives it the title "Death gone crazy".
If they gave episode numbers and I let them build up I could actually watch them in the correct order, without the numbers I really have no way of knowing they are out of original order. Kind of wish they didn't mess with the original order!

The program "info" on Dish Network has episode number and original air date info for every show.
post #1243 of 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by filtor View Post

The program "info" on Dish Network has episode number and original air date info for every show.
Interesting, my TIvo shows OAD but no episode number, for Castle anyway.
post #1244 of 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by filtor View Post

The program "info" on Dish Network has episode number and original air date info for every show.

Keep in mind that episode numbers are not necessarily production numbers. In some situations, at least internal to production companies, episode number and production number are the same. But, is the show is aired out-of-sequence, the episode number that is known to the general public is based on air order.

For those of you keeping score, the number for the episode airing on Feb 4th is 513.
post #1245 of 1491
Finally caught up. Good last two episodes. Nice to see Taylor Cole.
post #1246 of 1491
really enjoyed last nite's episode
post #1247 of 1491
Caught up (again...) last two episodes were hilarious! Lol
post #1248 of 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by grubadub View Post

really enjoyed last nite's episode

Then you will really enjoy the next two episodes, starting this Monday. Unfortunately I do not know the details, other than what is in the ABC synopsis and other leaked material, but my little birdie says that these next two are not to be missed.

I can't wait.
post #1249 of 1491
according to the preview, his daughter gets abducted. so yeah, should be tense.
post #1250 of 1491
Jesus! Ever heard of spoiler tags?
post #1251 of 1491
That's not a spoiler. Anything that was in the last episode or its trailer does not need a spoiler tag.
post #1252 of 1491
You do realize that there are some people who prefer not to watch the previews for next week right?

Since you know that, why would you give away a major plot point like that? That seems very inconsiderate.
post #1253 of 1491
The rules are, as noted, anything published, or in a trailer, and repeated here, is not a spoiler.

If you don't want to know anything, do not visit these show threads, as they do, and will, contain info that has been previously released.
post #1254 of 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post

You do realize that there are some people who prefer not to watch the previews for next week right?

Since you know that, why would you give away a major plot point like that? That seems very inconsiderate.

honestly, you're the first person i've heard that from. personally, i always watch the preview for the next show. pretty sure most people do. and it's pretty common practice for people to mention it in these threads.
post #1255 of 1491
As you have seen I'm always behind and won't post/come here until after I've watched. Well, I'm in between the last episode and before the new one so I thought I was "safe"... I guess not. I feel it inconsiderate a bit. It's one thing for a prediction and quite another to spoil before it's out.

At any rate... I guess MY BAD... I'll try and be more careful. Right...
post #1256 of 1491
It's NOT your bad. The rules are the rules. If you don't like them, don't participate, or wait until later to read the posts. It's bad form to come onto a thread and criticize someone for following the rules. Spoilers are always bad form, as was pointed out to me long ago when I posted one. I made it a point to find out what the rule was.
post #1257 of 1491
I don't think any of us keep track as to who is, or isn't, behind in viewing this series, or any other series.

It would be a spoiler if someone was able to view an advanced copy of any series and post the details of that advanced copy (other than what has been officially released). Odds are that person would not be getting any further advanced copies after doing that. biggrin.gif

Personally I do not normally see the trailer for the next episode as I do not watch shows via the network affiliate feeds. So, I do not necessarily see the episode right away either. I can't stand snips, commercials and bugs, so I avoid watching what the networks send out.

Commercial free, snipe free and bug free is the only way to watch these shows.
post #1258 of 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post

You do realize that there are some people who prefer not to watch the previews for next week right?

Since you know that, why would you give away a major plot point like that? That seems very inconsiderate.

Before twice unloading invective on other posters, you might consider learning the rules and abiding by them. As you were told, plot points included in previews run at the end of the current episode are, by definition, not spoilers. As such they are fair game for discussion here.
post #1259 of 1491
I never claimed that his or her actions were against the rules.

I said that they were inconsiderate---that is, that he or she did not consider that others purposely do not watch the previews.
post #1260 of 1491
Sorry to beat this into the ground, but it's not inconsiderate to follow the rules. I think it's inconsiderate to accuse someone of being inconsiderate, if all they're doing is what the rules say is perfectly allowable. If you don't like the rules, don't play the game. The rules need to be unambiguous, and they are. I never, ever hesitate to talk about something I see in a preview.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Castle" on ABC HD