or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Panasonic 12G Settings/Issues Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Panasonic 12G Settings/Issues Thread - Page 9

post #241 of 4414
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInSEPA View Post

I downloaded the break-in images from Evangelos site onto a SD card that I have inserted into my Panasonic TC-P50X1 SD slot. I am running the images, but I have noticed that they don't play exactly like it says they are supposed to.

When I view the 20 slides on my PC's Samsung LCD monitor I can see the 5 gradients each of white, red, green and blue.

When I view the 20 slides on my TC-P50X1 I can see the 5 gradients of white, but I'll be darned if I can see the 5 gradients of red, green and blue. They are full screen and I can see the slide change I just can't see the RGB gradients change.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

I'm assuming that you're running them on full torch mode for fast, even break in. (Vivid, high color setting and contrast, Cool temp, etc.) For a moment, try putting it in cinema mode or a similar setting. Whereas the break in settings distort color heavily the gradations should be much more apparent in Cinema.

I'm sure you're fine. Enjoy the new television!
post #242 of 4414
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly21029 View Post

I'm assuming that you're running them on full torch mode for fast, even break in. (Vivid, high color setting and contrast, Cool temp, etc.) For a moment, try putting it in cinema mode or a similar setting. Whereas the break in settings distort color heavily the gradations should be much more apparent in Cinema.

I'm sure you're fine. Enjoy the new television!

I tried them in cinema, they looked a little better.
But you're right, they've got to be OK.
Thanks for the tip.
post #243 of 4414
Quote:


Quote:
When I go in to change the Advance setting the Black level setting is grayed and will not allow me to adjust it. Anyone know how I can change this so I can start D's break in process? Right now it is set on dark.

I am having this same problem. Can you only do this using a non ANT source (meaning only through a source plugged in through HDMI or component?)

I had the same question after buying the set yesterday and then beginning the break in with an SD card. I had made the settings in the normal picture mode when first turning on the TV. But if you go into the SD card menu, and then the picture setting you will notice that the black level is set to light.
post #244 of 4414
Ok, I ended up doing the burn in images for 130 hours. I only used the TV or anything else for maybe 4 hours total, so I figure the offset shouldn't be that great. But I want to make sure I'm entering the calibrations right:

Edit: All my calbirations match the new values posted on the last page, so I guess I got things right.
post #245 of 4414
Hi D,

I used the Service Menu for Cinema and Standard mode - thank you, they are very nice. Would you be able to callibrate for the color mode Normal in Standard? Just wondering?
post #246 of 4414
Cinema and Standard are Picture modes. Warm, Normal, and Cool are color temperatures. They are not related. Picture mode parameters are hard coded. Color temps are adjustable.

If you calibrate the normal or cool temps to D65, you will end up with the exact same absolute values as the calibrated warm temp values.

If you apply the D-Nice 'warm' offsets to 'normal' and 'cool', you will end up with the same relative differences from the original factory settings. Off hand, it may be worth while.

Larry
post #247 of 4414
Quick question guys, I went into my picture menu on my 50S1 while watching a blu-ray (connected via HDMI) and saw that my color matrix was set to SD and is grayed out so i cant change it to HD. Shouldn't it be on HD? How can I fix this?
post #248 of 4414
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUfan77 View Post

Quick question guys, I went into my picture menu on my 50S1 while watching a blu-ray (connected via HDMI) and saw that my color matrix was set to SD and is grayed out so i cant change it to HD. Shouldn't it be on HD? How can I fix this?

You might want to check what your player is set to output, and what type of cable are you using.

Also when your playing a blu ray push info on your remote and it will tell you what type of signal you have coming in. (just to be sure its set to 720p or higher)
post #249 of 4414
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeM22 View Post

I have enjoyed my first HDTV a lot. I have many people, forums, and guides to thank. My experience has been relatively easy and fun. I have watched my tv, mostly HD and full screen, through the first 50 hours. I then spent the last week using Evangelo2's burn in cd to get me to 180 hours. I followed D-Nice's advice and wrote everything down (and took pics). The plasma really looks great now. The green push is mostly gone but I will have to wait until my wife looks at it to make sure. I hope some of this info will help you too!

Follow at your own risk:
My opinion is that if you just don't touch the Volume buttons you will be fine. Also, if you are used to exploring technologies and computers, you'll be fine.

To enter the service menu:
Hold down the [- VOL ] button on the TV
Press the [INFO] button 3 times on the remote.
The Service Menu(s) will be displayed.


Here is how you will move around in the menus:
Use [1] [2] on remote to move in main menu items.
Use [3] [4] on remote to move in sub-menu items.
Use [+VOL] [-VOL] on remote to change item value.
Hold in the TV Power button to exit service mode and save.

For my TC-P50X1 only:
1. Small blue service menu to the left
Service

Adjust
WB-ADJ
Option
Aging
RM-Set
SRV-Tool

2. Large blue menu to the right
DTVSOC SOFT 1.07 RB Cnt 000
DTVSOC EEP 1.04.0592
LSI DATA 1.03.02
STBY SOFT 1.03.00
STBY EEP 01.00.0598
PDP Soft 02.00
PDP EEP 59.42
PDP FPGA 11.03
PDP PDROM 59.41
Attachment 136745

3. You will navigate #1, the Small blue service menu to the left.
4. Make sure your TV mode is actually in Cinema (remote #9 key will cycle through modes). (Deleted 3/15/9)
5. Make sure your TV signal is 1080i/p or 720i/p. Both are shown as HD under the 1st column names (ex. R-Drv). I discontinued showing it because it's monotonous.


Adjust menu
SUB-BRT 000 NEW FFF (-1)
Attachment 136744

WB-Adjust Menu (1st column name that is cycled, 2nd column original setting, third column new setting, and parentheses is the value change based on + and - volume on the remote per D-Nice's settings.
R-Drv E2 E0(-2)
Before 80
Format HD
Method 03
Color Temp Warm

G-Drv DE C0(-30)
B-Drv 90 84(-12)
R-Cut 80 5F(-33)
G-Cut 80 65 (-27)
B-Cut 80 68 (-24)
Attachment 136743

6. After all changes are made, change your signal to 480i/p. I noticed that the Adjust Menu was already adjusted, but the WB-Adjust Menu had to be changed for SD (Standard Definition). For me, I just used the Satellite remote and for Dish, went into the HDTV setup and changed the signal. If you have Dish and this Panny remote, the Info button will allow you to see the full screen and get the service menu out of the way for 10 seconds at a time so that you can view the Satellite menus.

To check your Plasma's time used:
Follow the instructions to enter the service menu(s) {above}
Press the {2} button once
Then press the {OK} button to access it.
Using the cursor keys, highlight the empty box
on the right side of the last option: PTCT :00.00.00.00.00
Then press and hold the {MUTE} button for 3 seconds.
Time and Count will be displayed in red color.
To exit, press and hold the {POWER} button
on the Plasma for few seconds

Attachment 136742

I'm not able to get into my S1 service menu with the above steps. Is this just for the X1. How do I get into the S1 service menu?
post #250 of 4414
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmorgan View Post

I'm not able to get into my S1 service menu with the above steps. Is this just for the X1. How do I get into the S1 service menu?

Never mind. I was able to get in with the above procedure.

Thanks
post #251 of 4414
How long should i run the break in thumbs at a time and how long of a break should i take between runs with the tv off. I have it running when i'm home maybe for 5-6 hours at a time but this weekend i'll be home all day is it a bad idea to run the images for 12+ hours straight should the tv be turned off after so long? This is on a 46S1.

Thanks.
post #252 of 4414
Thats odd my offsets after dnices suggestions. ill post them after.. the drv ones are the same. But the cut are def different... mine is a 42 not a 50 tho..
post #253 of 4414
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post

Also when your playing a blu ray push info on your remote and it will tell you what type of signal you have coming in. (just to be sure its set to 720p or higher)

Thanks! I'll double check.
post #254 of 4414
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrag View Post

How long should i run the break in thumbs at a time and how long of a break should i take between runs with the tv off. I have it running when i'm home maybe for 5-6 hours at a time but this weekend i'll be home all day is it a bad idea to run the images for 12+ hours straight should the tv be turned off after so long? This is on a 46S1.

Thanks.

Running the display for 12 hours isn't a problem. The most important advice is to not run the break in material UNATTENDED. If you aren't at home, I wouldn't run it. There have been instances where the break in disc or drive froze, thus freezing the static image on the screen. Although IR isn't a major concern for plasma displays, it could damage your screen. I'm sure you will get numerous testimonials on how people have done this and never had a problem, but it's just a "prudent" course of action, IMO.
post #255 of 4414
I need the original color mode (normal) presets in the service menu for the standard TV Setting. I changed them all to D-Nice's offsets but those were meant for the warm setting. While they do not look bad at all, I functionally have two warm settings instead of warm, normal, and cool.

I just need to know:
R-Drv
G-Drv
B-Drv
R-Cut
G-Cut
B-Cut

Most of them are the same as the warm but there were a couple that were different. Thanks in advance for supplying me with this info and not berating me for not writing the original presets down.
post #256 of 4414
anyone know what "method" represents... Lme's is 03 and mine is 00... whats the difference.. how do you change and why would it be different?
post #257 of 4414
When using the break-in DVD, does it matter whether I upscale the image or not?

Thanks.
post #258 of 4414
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeM22 View Post


2. Large blue menu to the right
DTVSOC SOFT 1.07 RB Cnt 000
DTVSOC EEP 1.04.0592
LSI DATA 1.03.02
STBY SOFT 1.03.00
STBY EEP 01.00.0598
PDP Soft 02.00
PDP EEP 59.42
PDP FPGA 11.03
PDP PDROM 59.41


WB-Adjust Menu (1st column name that is cycled, 2nd column original setting, third column new setting, and parentheses is the value change based on + and – volume on the remote per D-Nice’s settings.
R-Drv E2 E0(-2)
Before 80
Format HD
Method 03
Color Temp Warm

G-Drv DE C0(-30)
B-Drv 90 84(-12)
R-Cut 80 5F(-33)
G-Cut 80 65 (-27)
B-Cut 80 68 (-24)

I have the 42in model, and I'm curious why my default settings are different from yours.

1) On the main screen, both PDP EEP and PDP PDROM show a version 39.42 and 39.41 respectively. I am assuming different screen sizes, but not sure what Le has.

2) When adjusting the offsets in the WB-Adjust menu, my defaults for warm on the "Drv" values are significantly different:

R-Drv - my default is F8, while yours is E2?
G-Drv - my default is FC, yours is DE?
B-Drv - my default is A1, yours is 90?
post #259 of 4414
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigwaxy View Post

I need the original color mode (normal) presets in the service menu for the standard TV Setting. I changed them all to D-Nice's offsets but those were meant for the warm setting. While they do not look bad at all, I functionally have two warm settings instead of warm, normal, and cool.

I just need to know:
R-Drv
G-Drv
B-Drv
R-Cut
G-Cut
B-Cut

Most of them are the same as the warm but there were a couple that were different. Thanks in advance for supplying me with this info and not berating me for not writing the original presets down.

I HAVE A 42 it appears they are different for the 50. But here are my default settings for normal
R-Drv F1
G-Drv FC
B-Drv D0
R-Cut 80
G-Cut 80
B-Cut80

But really all you need to do is count backwards how ever many times you changed it. Like if you pushed volume down 30 times push it up now.
But like I said if you have a 50 it appears these are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydroponik View Post

I have the 42in model, and I'm curious why my default settings are different from yours.

1) On the main screen, both PDP EEP and PDP PDROM show a version 39.42 and 39.41 respectively. I am assuming different screen sizes, but not sure what Le has.

2) When adjusting the offsets in the WB-Adjust menu, my defaults for warm on the "Drv" values are significantly different:

R-Drv - my default is F8, while yours is E2?
G-Drv - my default is FC, yours is DE?
B-Drv - my default is A1, yours is 90?

I also have a 42" and mine are the same as yours so I guess the 50 and 42 are different straight out of the box.
post #260 of 4414
From Whiteboy, "But really all you need to do is count backwards how ever many times you changed it. Like if you pushed volume down 30 times push it up now. "

Duh! How sad that I did not think of this. Thank you. I'll get it moving. I feel like I really have got the colors dialed in a bit better.

I have one more question. Is there a place in the service menu where we can change sharpness and noise reduction settings. When i change them on the regular menus, they do not appear to do much of anything. The difference is so slight that I feel I have to be a foot from the TV to see any real difference. I would like to have a much better range of control over these functions. Any way to make this work better? I'm willing to delve deeper or take risks 'cause if I mess it up, I have 21 days left to return to the store.
post #261 of 4414
Hey whiteboy!
I just started using lem22's final settings and they look much better! I even am using them with warm now! Give it a try! Keep me posted.. Best I've seen yet
post #262 of 4414
Dabigwaxy,

For a HD source through HDMI there should be little if any affect from the sharpness control. I suspect that the same applies for the noise reduction settings. There is no place in the service menu to change these.

Larry
post #263 of 4414
I'd like to know dnices starting point also because using lemme's final values just look better on warm.. Infact, I am astonished I even like the warm setting better because I never do
post #264 of 4414
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsidordinary View Post

Hey whiteboy!
I just started using lem22's final settings and they look much better! I even am using them with warm now! Give it a try! Keep me posted.. Best I've seen yet

Wait you lost me, all he did was post a guide on how to use d-nices settings. The values are different because he has the 50, do you have 50 or 42

If you have 42 can you post your defaults for warm if you wrote them down.
post #265 of 4414
I have a 42 but I set mine to his post cal values
post #266 of 4414
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsidordinary View Post

I have a 42 but I set mine to his post cal values

D nices right? So lem22's should be no different since he used d-nices settings.
post #267 of 4414
The 42 and the 50 will have different factory settings. The D-Nice offsets for Warm will work for either TV in the Warm color temperature mode.

If one doesn't understand what cuts and drives do and if one doesn't understand hexidecimal, the absolute factory setting will be of no use. It's the offsets that matter.

Larry
post #268 of 4414
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post

The 42 and the 50 will have different factory settings. The D-Nice offsets for Warm will work for either TV in the Warm color temperature mode.

If one doesn't understand what cuts and drives do and if one doesn't understand hexidecimal, the absolute factory setting will be of no use. It's the offsets that matter.

Larry

So Larry is it possible for one 42 to another to have different default settings, another user and I have noticed that one of our original settings were different.
post #269 of 4414
Yes.

Larry
post #270 of 4414
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post

Yes.

Larry

Thanks for clarifying, Larry. Now I know why the offsets were given in an incremental value, as opposed to a fixed one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Panasonic 12G Settings/Issues Thread