I've had a couple hurricane nuts back out on me, big PITA. On my current build I took a cheap piece of lumber, something like a 2"x2"x4', I cut it into small squares and glued them to the inside of the cabinet for each hurricane nut. I'm hoping the wood creates more bite for the nuts and lessens the chance that they will back out. Unfortunately after I did this I needed longer screws, it never ends :P
Hopefully the more experienced builders here will chime in. I personally would not use t-nuts on bare mdf though.
One tip, if you ever have to remove the driver afterwards, pay close attention to the downward pressure you put on the screws with your drill or screwdriver. One of them backed out on me because I wasn't paying attention and I put too much downward force...doh!