or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Hobbit - Page 8

post #211 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasst View Post

Enjoyed blog 3!!

Gee, thanks for ruining the surprise at the end of the blog, douche!
post #212 of 944
they just released this really cool group pic of the Hobbits...check it out...

http://www-images.theonering.org/tor...BT-DWF-007.jpg
post #213 of 944
Cool photo! They are Dwarves.
post #214 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

Gee, thanks for ruining the surprise at the end of the blog, douche!

My apologies for ruining it for you.
post #215 of 944
Thread Starter 
post #216 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

15 Hobbit Pics for your enjoyment!

Thank you. I can't wait!!
post #217 of 944
will this release also have the infamous green tint?
post #218 of 944
Set visit report from Quint over at AICN:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51787
post #219 of 944
Nice link for new info lwright84.

The Shire looks fantastic.
post #220 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 View Post

Set visit report from Quint over at AICN:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51787

I find it kinda funny the comment about the Shire being sooo green it hurt the eyes.

FWIW, because of having nearly the same climate, Western Oregon and NZ are major sources of grass seed for the entire planet.
The pics could have been taken of Oregon's Willamette Valley.
The grass is EXACTLY this shade of green.

I gotta wonder...is that PJ's response to FOTR EE BD controversy???
If it is, nice try.
The green of the Shire on FOTR is NOT the hue in the photos linked.
post #221 of 944
post #222 of 944
Good video! Thanks.

(Off-topic, looks like Peter Jackson has filled out again after his famous weight loss. Not unexpected I guess. It's damned tough to take care of yourself given the duties of directing).
post #223 of 944
Yes, nice to see a new blog. Technology is great, as Jackson and crew can give us this kind of information during the filming of a project. Good stuff!
post #224 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post

It's damned tough to take care of yourself given the duties of directing.

I thought it was more a question of what and how much goes into the pie-hole....
post #225 of 944
Latest set visit from AICN: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51948

Also, Andy Serkis is saying to expect the first teaser trailer around Christmas.
post #226 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I thought it was more a question of what and how much goes into the pie-hole....

Yeah, I'd think given the insane number of hours the man is working on his feet per week he'd still be thin, but then again, but maybe the proximity of the craft services table has something to do with it
post #227 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutter Cane View Post

Yeah, I'd think given the insane number of hours the man is working on his feet per week he'd still be thin, but then again, but maybe the proximity of the craft services table has something to do with it

Never heard about working up an appetite?
post #228 of 944
Image from the trailer released, in anticipation for the trailer's release later tonight:



http://www.slashfilm.com/the-hobbit-...ailer-release/
post #229 of 944
It's here!

post #230 of 944
post #231 of 944
The trailer reminded me why I couldn't get very far in the book.....
post #232 of 944
Thread Starter 
Looks pretty much what I expected. With PJ in charge it looks to be much in the same vein as LotR, whether that's good or bad, well, we'll see. It would have been interesting to see the movie as DeToro's vision.
post #233 of 944
Excellent! Now I'm supposed to wait a year for the film????? I may have to read the book again!
post #234 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach View Post

Excellent! Now I'm supposed to wait a year for the film????? I may have to read the book again!

And this is only part 1.

I am really excited for the native 3D, shot on the Red Epic, at 48 fps viewing experience. Will truly be a unique one.
post #235 of 944
is it me or young Bilbo has no charisma whatsoever? I know I know, it's just the (first of a long series of) trailer...

...But Cate is here!!!!
post #236 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

is it me or young Bilbo has no charisma whatsoever? I know I know, it's just the (first of a long series of) trailer...

No, it's not just you, I noticed it immediately.
A serious blunder....we will be hearing more of this in the future.
post #237 of 944
Huh, I was having a discussion elsewhere how Martin Freeman's performance as Bilbo was spot on (in line with the Bilbo from the first 3 films that is), and how he even has picked up some of Ian Holm's mannerisms to boot. I think it'll be just another aspect of these films that opinions are split down the middle about.
post #238 of 944
I don't think we are going to have to worry about Freeman's portrayal of Bilbo. I think he will pull it off.

Has anyone else been a little surprised at some of the dwarves? When I first saw all the dwarves I couldn't understand why they made a few of them almost human like (I think it's Kili and Thorin).

I mean, you have this rich, established universe of humans, elves, dwarves, etc, and you've gone to great lengths in the LOTR movies to describe dwarves (beards, short, women looking the same as men, etc), and then we now see two dwarves who look pretty much human. I don't get why we see such a big difference in the dwarven "look".
post #239 of 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 View Post

Huh, I was having a discussion elsewhere how Martin Freeman's performance as Bilbo was spot on (in line with the Bilbo from the first 3 films that is), and how he even has picked up some of Ian Holm's mannerisms to boot. I think it'll be just another aspect of these films that opinions are split down the middle about.

If they couldn't find someone who could pass for a young Ian Holm, then, perhaps, they should have used the Benjamin Button tech to make Holm look young again.
This Freeman guy doesn't look the part at all and seems as drab as the opening pages of the novel.
post #240 of 944
Well, looks like more of the same, for better or worse.

Woulda been interesting to see what DeToro did with it. (Though I tend to think Detoro's stuff is a bit flash over substance...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home