Originally Posted by TomHuffman
I noticed that the secondaries (not just yellow) were off considerably more than the primaries after a factory reset and CCA system calibration. I had no problem correcting the errors with the Samsung service-level tools. White, however, was very accurate and required little adjustment. I only calibrated to 75% stim, 100% saturation targets.
It is more complicated than this. We are more sensitive to some colors rather than others. Also, our sensitivity to changes in luminance are greater at lower levels than at higher ones. Having correct x,y points with high luminance errors can lead to very large dEs, so I wouldn't make any generalizations about tradeoffs. Just get the dE as low as possible.
Hey Tom, thanks for the response! I agree that all secondaries were off a bit after a reset, yellow just stood out because if I decreased Color or sub-color enough to get the primary Y values in line, it became impossible for me to get the yellow x,y accurate whereas the other secondaries could be easily corrected with the service menu options. As for the saturation, I calibrate to 75% stim, 100% sat also but at the end, I test 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% saturation just to see where they are and that's when I noticed the errors. 75% saturation is displaying closer to a 65% level.
The problem I had getting total Delta E as low as possible is that while the primaries were accurate, the yellow delta E was around 12. By increasing the color a little, the primary delta E's increased to about 4 (after x,y adjustment) but yellow decreased to about the same.
Thanks for taking the time to respond, every week it seems I find out something I didn't know before!