or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The "Official" Onkyo TX-SR607 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The "Official" Onkyo TX-SR607 Thread - Page 78

post #2311 of 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozamalloa View Post

Is it possible for the 607 to pass through 3d images to the TV or do I need a new receiver?

read, search -> answer
post #2312 of 2589
Believe me or not, I have been searching that subject before posting and havent been able to find an answer so far.
I have found the same question 3 or 4 times on this thread but no clear answer.
This is a really important answer for me, because I have the 607 receiver in box, new... so I will be on time to sell it and buy the new 608 if needed.
post #2313 of 2589
Anyone?
post #2314 of 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozamalloa View Post
Anyone?
Hi ozamalloa, since 3D is part of HDMI ver.1.4a specifications and the specs on this receiver has HDMI ver.1.3 then the answer is no.

But if you stay with this receiver an option would be to get 3d player that has two HDMI output and connect one HDMI to tv and other HDMI to 607
post #2315 of 2589
Thanks a lot for your response.
post #2316 of 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post


Hi ozamalloa, since 3D is part of HDMI ver.1.4a specifications and the specs on this receiver has HDMI ver.1.3 then the answer is no.

But if you stay with this receiver an option would be to get 3d player that has two HDMI output and connect one HDMI to tv and other HDMI to 607

I watch 3D with my 607 but i'ts mpeg, mkv etc. What format is the 3D from TV signal ?
post #2317 of 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozamalloa View Post

Is it possible for the 607 to pass through 3d images to the TV or do I need a new receiver?

Just wanted to chime in. I regularly watch 3D via my HTPC running Totalmedia Theater. I run HDMI to my 607, which i connected to a Mits 65837 using the Mits 3D adapter. I get the full 3D experience. I also play 3D mkv's via a Popcorn Hour C200 (mostly SBS) I have no problems with HD audio.

Tony
post #2318 of 2589
Has anyone set up a phantom center speaker with their 607? Do I just turn the center channel to "off"? Should I run Audyssey again? Is there a specific sequence I need to use to get it to work?
post #2319 of 2589
I just had Direct TV installed and I am noticing a very short audio drop with Dolby Digital turned on. I am running a HDMI cable between the Direct TV receiver and the Onkyo TX-SR607. My question is what is the best setting to minimize this problem? Or is there a better setup that I can do instead of HDMI?

Thanks for your help,
Dan
post #2320 of 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenski84 View Post

Has anyone set up a phantom center speaker with their 607? Do I just turn the center channel to "off"? Should I run Audyssey again? Is there a specific sequence I need to use to get it to work?

I have. Set center to no/off and run A.
post #2321 of 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by drcorso View Post

plasma interference you see with ir extenders.

Also just to isolate the problem device while you have the issue try turning off the tv. Try other devices nearby if that does not resolve it.

This seems to be it. I have a plasma and had never even thought of this possibility. Receiver remote froze up, turned off the tv, complete control returned. Tv back on, no remote function. I guess temporarily I'll move it to line of site and disconnect it from the RF to IR.

I now need to due some research on this interference issue. Thanks for the help.
post #2322 of 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr b View Post

Just wanted to chime in. I regularly watch 3D via my HTPC running Totalmedia Theater. I run HDMI to my 607, which i connected to a Mits 65837 using the Mits 3D adapter. I get the full 3D experience. I also play 3D mkv's via a Popcorn Hour C200 (mostly SBS) I have no problems with HD audio.

Tony

Are you saying that the 607 passes 3D? That would be great. Not that I have or am going to get a 3D tv any time soon...
post #2323 of 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax

Are you saying that the 607 passes 3D? That would be great. Not that I have or am going to get a 3D tv any time soon...
Check the hdmi specs here. Look under specs and versions for more info but the 607 will not support the latest 3D because it is hdmi 1.3 not 1.4. I assume the SBS meant side by side which is the type of 3D that does not require specific 3D hardware.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki?search=HDMI
post #2324 of 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr b

Just wanted to chime in. I regularly watch 3D via my HTPC running Totalmedia Theater. I run HDMI to my 607, which i connected to a Mits 65837 using the Mits 3D adapter. I get the full 3D experience. I also play 3D mkv's via a Popcorn Hour C200 (mostly SBS) I have no problems with HD audio.

Tony
Not sure how you got it to work? Just got a new samsung plasma (8000 series) and tried hooking it up through the 607. The DirecTV box gave me an error saying my TV didn't support 3D.
post #2325 of 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by drcorso View Post

Check the hdmi specs here. Look under specs and versions for more info but the 607 will not support the latest 3D because it is hdmi 1.3 not 1.4. I assume the SBS meant side by side which is the type of 3D that does not require specific 3D hardware.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki?search=HDMI

Well, I've been watching 3d via ripped 3d bluray ISO's and folders for months. If I'm not mistaken, the 1.4 spec adds something like 2way data or increases the supported resolution above 1080p true 3d. Either way, I've got about 15 3d rips that play fine on my 737.

Setup:
PC (q9300 2.5GHz, Xonar Slim, Win7 x64. TMT3) --> Nvidia 9600GT --> SR607 --> Mits 3DC1000 ---> Mits 65737. Viewed with glassed from mits starter pack as well as a pair of x102's
post #2326 of 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK in CT View Post

Not sure how you got it to work? Just got a new samsung plasma (8000 series) and tried hooking it up through the 607. The DirecTV box gave me an error saying my TV didn't support 3D.

I don't have DTV (currently on FIOS.) I use an outdated Nvidia (9600GT) output to a Xonar Slim card then dual output to my monitor and to my 65737. I also have a Popcorn Hour C200 I use for 3d SBS mkv files.

I should note that while FIOS doesn't offer 3D in my area, there are 3D On Demand titles. I have a TIVOHD connected to the Mits, so one day I tried hooking up a FIOS box to the Mits (with and without the adapter) and failed to get a good signal when trying to view the 3D instructional videos from FIOS's library. I didn't feel like screwing with it at the time, and gave up on it so maybe there's something cables boxes need to see from a 3D tv (HDMI 1.4 maybe??)

I know my PC (TMT3, WinDVD demo, PowerDVD demo) all recognize my TV as a 3D TV and play 3D content just fine.
post #2327 of 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by drcorso View Post

Check the hdmi specs here. Look under specs and versions for more info but the 607 will not support the latest 3D because it is hdmi 1.3 not 1.4. I assume the SBS meant side by side which is the type of 3D that does not require specific 3D hardware.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki?search=HDMI

A quick search revealed returned this link here on AVS:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post19546665
post #2328 of 2589
Makes sense, they want us to have to buy new gear so they build in check to make sure the gear in the processing chain is "compliant". With a PC though, you can tell it to blindly output whatever you want. I'm sure the 607's HDMI passthrough capabilities also help in making it possible.

Question: Why do you have to use an adapter to get 3D to play on your mitsubishi TV? Are most 3D tvs similar in that respect?
post #2329 of 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax View Post

Makes sense, they want us to have to buy new gear so they build in check to make sure the gear in the processing chain is "compliant". With a PC though, you can tell it to blindly output whatever you want. I'm sure the 607's HDMI passthrough capabilities also help in making it possible.

Question: Why do you have to use an adapter to get 3D to play on your mitsubishi TV? Are most 3D tvs similar in that respect?

My model is a "3D ready" one. The adapter allows me to use led emitter glasses.
post #2330 of 2589
Hey guys, I have a 607, Uverse HD STB & a samsung plasma, for the life of me, I cant seem to get sound via Optical audio to the 607. I tried 2 different optical cables, tried both optical ports on the 607 and made sure the Input is set to Opt1 or Opt2 based on which port i connected to.

I tried optical out from the Uverse box first, then from the TV, but no sound from the 607. Is there any secret setting I am missing or possible scenarios:

1) Both optical inputs are dead on the 607
2) Uverse STB optical out is not working
3) TV optical out is also not working (Brand new Sammy, tried a Toshiba TV before that, no sound)

I do see a red light coming from the cables when i connect them to the optical out.
My TV is connected via HDMI to the Uverse STB.


I am really racking my head on this, any ideas please.

P.s. Do any of the newer U-Verse STBs have a coaxial out for digital audio?
post #2331 of 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_ak View Post

Hey guys, I have a 607, Uverse HD STB & a samsung plasma, for the life of me, I cant seem to get sound via Optical audio to the 607. I tried 2 different optical cables, tried both optical ports on the 607 and made sure the Input is set to Opt1 or Opt2 based on which port i connected to.

I tried optical out from the Uverse box first, then from the TV, but no sound from the 607. Is there any secret setting I am missing or possible scenarios:

1) Both optical inputs are dead on the 607
2) Uverse STB optical out is not working
3) TV optical out is also not working (Brand new Sammy, tried a Toshiba TV before that, no sound)

I do see a red light coming from the cables when i connect them to the optical out.
My TV is connected via HDMI to the Uverse STB.

I am really racking my head on this, any ideas please.

P.s. Do any of the newer U-Verse STBs have a coaxial out for digital audio?

You should connect the uverse box to the 607 using hdmi to carry video and audio and then connect hdmi out from 607 to the tv.
post #2332 of 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by drcorso View Post

You should connect the uverse box to the 607 using hdmi to carry video and audio and then connect hdmi out from 607 to the tv.

I used to do that an year ago, but in the middle of watching TV, i would get period dropouts on my TV with messages like "No video signal" or "HDCP signal is not supported" etc, then i would have to unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in, but I may try that out on this plasma that i recently got.
post #2333 of 2589
Is there a way to get the receiver to regulate the audio level on certain channels? I know it's possible to get it to regulate between commercials and what you are actually watching on a specific channel. An example might help explain what I am asking.

If I am watching a show on Fox I have to have the volume around 45, if I go to watch something on another channel like CBS 38 is the ideal level. Is there any way to make it so that all the channels come through at the same volume level?

I have Time Warner Cable with the Samsung hd dvr if that matters.
post #2334 of 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_ak

I used to do that an year ago, but in the middle of watching TV, i would get period dropouts on my TV with messages like "No video signal" or "HDCP signal is not supported" etc, then i would have to unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in, but I may try that out on this plasma that i recently got.
I had some similar issues with an older plasma. I tried swapping out various things and it seems the onkyo was very finicky with hdcp. I called onkyo they said it was my tv. Called pioneer and they said it was my onkyo. I got a new tv and that solved my problem. Same pioneer tv works fine with an older pioneer 84txsi and is in the basement now so the kids do don't burn up the projector.
post #2335 of 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheus647 View Post

Is there a way to get the receiver to regulate the audio level on certain channels? I know it's possible to get it to regulate between commercials and what you are actually watching on a specific channel. An example might help explain what I am asking.

If I am watching a show on Fox I have to have the volume around 45, if I go to watch something on another channel like CBS 38 is the ideal level. Is there any way to make it so that all the channels come through at the same volume level?

I have Time Warner Cable with the Samsung hd dvr if that matters.

If you have Audyssey calibrated make sure "Dynamic EQ" and "Dynamic Volume" are turned on under the Audyssey settings. Make sure Dynamic Volume it is set to Medium or Heavy. I'd start with the Medium setting and if you still notice variances between channels go to Heavy and see if that works.

Additionally you can try turning on the "Late Night" function if your cable box is using Dolby Digital. Both Audyssey and Late Night will compress your source material, reduce your dynamic range and will make channels with varying volumes sound closer together.

More about it on pages 46 and 74 of the manual.
post #2336 of 2589
I just got a new plasma. I have the DirecTV receiver hooked directly to the TV via HDMI (since the 607 doesn't support 3D) and have an optical audio cable going from the DirecTV receiver to the 607. I also have a blu-ray player connected via HDMI through the 607 (since it's not a 3D player) and the TV has a function where it controls that via the 607. The problem I'm having is when I turn the TV on to watch DirecTV, it always changes the 607 to TV/Tape. I don't have anything connected to TV/Tape on the 607. Anyone have an idea how I can stop this from happening? Thanks.
post #2337 of 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK in CT View Post

I just got a new plasma. I have the DirecTV receiver hooked directly to the TV via HDMI (since the 607 doesn't support 3D) and have an optical audio cable going from the DirecTV receiver to the 607. I also have a blu-ray player connected via HDMI through the 607 (since it's not a 3D player) and the TV has a function where it controls that via the 607. The problem I'm having is when I turn the TV on to watch DirecTV, it always changes the 607 to TV/Tape. I don't have anything connected to TV/Tape on the 607. Anyone have an idea how I can stop this from happening? Thanks.

Hi KK in CT, check the Tv menu under HDMI-CEC feature and try turning this to Off.

Some HDMI-CEC trade names are: Samsung - AnyNet+, Panasonic - Viera Link, Sony - Bravia Sync, Pioneer - Kuro Link, etc....
post #2338 of 2589
I have a Samsung. That feature is set to on now to control the blu-ray player. Maybe I can't have both then. I was hoping since I don't have the HDMI hooked up for the TV it would ignore this.
post #2339 of 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK in CT View Post

I just got a new plasma. I have the DirecTV receiver hooked directly to the TV via HDMI (since the 607 doesn't support 3D) and have an optical audio cable going from the DirecTV receiver to the 607. I also have a blu-ray player connected via HDMI through the 607 (since it's not a 3D player) and the TV has a function where it controls that via the 607. The problem I'm having is when I turn the TV on to watch DirecTV, it always changes the 607 to TV/Tape. I don't have anything connected to TV/Tape on the 607. Anyone have an idea how I can stop this from happening? Thanks.

I dont know if i understand the problem correctly, you have a optical cable from your tv box connected to the 607, i have this setup too and i have to adress the cable to one of the buttons on the 607 i have mine on cable ( i think) so when i want too listen via thr reciever i have to choose cable on my remote. yors Are maybe setup to TV and starts Auto when you start the tvbox ?
post #2340 of 2589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba08 View Post


I dont know if i understand the problem correctly, you have a optical cable from your tv box connected to the 607, i have this setup too and i have to adress the cable to one of the buttons on the 607 i have mine on cable ( i think) so when i want too listen via thr reciever i have to choose cable on my remote. yors Are maybe setup to TV and starts Auto when you start the tvbox ?

The problem was I had it on the correct setting, but when I turned the TV on it would actually change the 607 to TV/Tape, which I did not have assigned to anything. It's fixed now - another poster suggested turning off Anynet on the Samsung which did the trick. I was hoping not to have to turn that function off, since I did use it for my blu-ray player. Oh well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The "Official" Onkyo TX-SR607 Thread