1. Would be cool to see pics. Inline temp control would be nice also. Seen cheap temp units at AV Cabinet Cooler sites. Did you find a nice quiet fan (I'm looking for future AV cooling needs).
2. Nice find. I don't use the Universal Port either, but I think that's where the iPod or HD-Radio attaches. I wonder if we can leave UP connected and tap 12v in parallel (since fan is under 100mA)?
3. Agreed. Onkyo 609 got a fan ... limited by volume, not temp controlled.
4. Seems to be industry problem. I find bulging and leaking chinese ones. Replace with good-name Japanese
5. Yes, I use cold-spray and my ESR-checker
6. I hate lead-free and think it causes problems over time. Hope they work it out or stop using it.
7. No, I did not. However, I use this for 1080p and HD-Audio (works perfect) "45ft 22AWG CL2 Standard Speed w/ Ethernet HDMI Cable" from MonoPrice. Actually, complete HDMI run is 57ft.***
1.) I promise I will take pictures...I didn't fid a quiete one, it was a CPU-cooler that was in my shop....Not really quite, but my projector is not quite too....but I am thinking of a resistor...I have some 10 Ohms here ( I bought for the repair....but it was the other one...;-)
2.) I think it will work, This should be not to much, as the idea UP design was, to handle different devices....If you use a quiet low power Fan, the voltage regulator is better cooled. should be fine......
3.) Temp control is a good idea, I think I will only slow down my one....
4.) Yes....105° degree celsius, will last longe...normaly they use 85°
5.) You have a ESR-Checker......Have to put it on my wishlist....
6.) The industry says everthing is fine.....(but I remeber medical-systems are allowed to solder with lead....) ;-)
7.) Ok 57 ft....that is quite good....this is about 20 Meters? (how do they call a quater pounder.....le bigmac .....I because of the metrical system!! ;-) ) I am from germany....everything is in meters....
I have a 10m Run( should be around 30ft. from the receiver to the benq w1070) works fine too. But I think a dying hdmi-board, will reduce the max. length too.....
Best regards Nils