or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Parks and Recreation on NBC HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Parks and Recreation on NBC HD

post #1 of 665
Thread Starter 
I couldn't find a thread for this. If there's a thread, please delete or merge.

The series premier was tonight.
I liked the show.

http://www.nbc.com/parks-and-recreation/
post #2 of 665
Turned it off after 10 minutes-like a bad SNL skit.
post #3 of 665
it was very unfunny
post #4 of 665
So it wasn't just me? Bleech.
post #5 of 665
Not. Good. At. All.
post #6 of 665
A half hour of my life I'll never get back. Thanks NBC.
post #7 of 665
Very unfunny like the Office!
post #8 of 665
Thread Starter 
Ha, only 1 out of 7 posters liked it. (I was the only person.)
To make things better, I do not like the current - 5 years of SNL..
post #9 of 665
I thought it was pretty good, though Sis' boyfriend was not impressed.

The humor is very dry. It's satire.
post #10 of 665
i liked it too but i guess it has no chance
post #11 of 665
So far...

Positives:
* The Tom character, played by Aziz Ansari. (Yes, I had to look that up.)
* Leslie Knope falling in the pit.

Negatives:
* Everything else.

I will give it one or two more weeks, since I like the stuff Amy Poehler has done in the past.
post #12 of 665
I did not think it was laugh out loud funny, but I did find it interesting enough to continue watching.
post #13 of 665
Gave up after about 15 minutes....not remotely funny..season pass canceled.
post #14 of 665
I was disappointed with the premiere. Amy Poehler is trying to be the female Michael Scott but only half pulls it off. The supporting cast is weak (even Rashida Jones, Karen from The Office, was uninteresting), and you can't relate to most of the situations. That's what makes The Office funny; you can relate to a sexual harassment seminar at your office (for example).

I'm going to watch a few more episodes and hope it gets better, but this wasn't a good start.
post #15 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcodey View Post

Turned it off after 10 minutes-like a bad SNL skit.

Same here.
post #16 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpectre View Post

I was disappointed with the premiere. Amy Poehler is trying to be the female Michael Scott but only half pulls it off. The supporting cast is weak (even Rashida Jones, Karen from The Office, was uninteresting), and you can't relate to most of the situations. That's what makes The Office funny; you can relate to a sexual harassment seminar at your office (for example).

I'm going to watch a few more episodes and hope it gets better, but this wasn't a good start.

That's what used to make The Office funny. It's far from funny now, unfortunately.
post #17 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

That's what used to make The Office funny. It's far from funny now, unfortunately.

In your opinion.
post #18 of 665
I might give it another chance or two, but the only part that actually made me laugh was the Battle of Whatever painting stuff.
post #19 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpectre View Post

In your opinion.

Of course it's my opinion. Why would I be stating someone else's?
post #20 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto17 View Post

Positives:
* The Tom character, played by Aziz Ansari. (Yes, I had to look that up.)

What? You mean you've never of "Human Giant?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Giant
post #21 of 665
Like a 5 minute SNL skit stretched out for 20 minutes or so.
post #22 of 665
well 30 rock's first season was very uneven, but they eventually found their groove.

give the show some time before we write it off as a dud
post #23 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

well 30 rock's first season was very uneven, but they eventually found their groove.

give the show some time before we write it off as a dud

I don't think it was uneven at all. The first episode of 30 Rock was kinda mehhhh, but after that it took off and was a great season.
post #24 of 665
I like Tina Fey but it seems like Amy Poehler thinks that she's funnier than she actually is. I love The Office but this was not great. It had some moments, I'll probably keep watching it. Hopefully it gets better.
post #25 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattzane83 View Post

but it seems like Amy Poehler thinks that she's funnier than she actually is

BINGO!
The only people who think SNL is funny are the audience, the cast and the 15,000 people watching.
post #26 of 665
And Hollywood writers get paid to come up with this stuff and they actually think it's funny. There was not one funny or even slightly humorous moment in that show. A complete waste of time and shows how little talent there really is in Hollywood.
post #27 of 665
I kinda like SNL. Some sketches are painful of course but I like Kristen Wiig a lot. She's hot and funny in my opinion, but Amy Poehler not sooo much. But I agree I don't see how there is a team of writers and that's the best they can come up with after a huge brainstorm.
post #28 of 665
Wow, some harsh critics on this one. I didn't think it was that bad. I'll definitely watch the next episode to see how it goes. There were some things that were blatantly from The Office and, as much as I love that show, they should try and be different.

I don't see how someone couldn't find at least ONE thing to laugh at during this entire episode.
post #29 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post

What? You mean you've never of "Human Giant?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Giant

Nope. never did. MTV lost me years ago.
post #30 of 665
I didn't think it was that bad. I'll give it another episode or two before making a decision. I think her assistant could evolve into a funny character.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Parks and Recreation on NBC HD