or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Parks and Recreation on NBC HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Parks and Recreation on NBC HD - Page 20

post #571 of 665
Thread Starter 
Good episode. Had its funny moments.
post #572 of 665
Ron being made into a princess. Andy's unabated childlike enthusiasm, Donna reading 30 shades of gray when responding to 311 calls, everyone yelling at Gerry when he discloses he and his wife went to therapy, and Ron casually telling Gerry to have the woman in labor roll onto her side and "corkscrew the baby out""...............



This is why I love this show
post #573 of 665
Lucy Lawless...yes!!!
post #574 of 665
no wonder this show will die at the end of this season. guess i'm the only viewer left on avs.

great show last thursday many laughs.
post #575 of 665
I still like the show, but it's not as good as it once was. I did enjoy Tom trying to go without screens. I dont enjoy Ron's attempts to relate to kids. Seems really fake. April and Andy not being together in most of the episodes has sucked as well. They're more fun together than separated. I do like Chris' attempt to improve his life through therapy though. Gerry's fart attack was funny, but ultimately went nowhere interesting.
post #576 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

.. guess i'm the only viewer left on avs.

You may be experiencing the DVR time warp. I'm already a full 6 days behind on most shows, and I avoid AVS threads until I'm caught up.
post #577 of 665
+1
The only reason I'm up to date on P&R is because I'm already recording 2 programs during it's time slot and I'm forced to watch P&R live smile.gif
post #578 of 665
I'm watching both this & The Office only because I invested (and enjoyed) so much time in the shows already. Seems both have gone 1 season too long.
post #579 of 665
I love this show but I DVR it and I'm always 3 or 4 episodes behind so I also don't comment much.
post #580 of 665
i watch this show couple days after it airs on my dvr. usually record 30 rock and this and sometimes office when it seems they're on their game.

i still find p & r to be hilarious, but acknowledge they have been off on a couple eps so far this season.

i found the soda tax and the jerry heart attack to be the best so far this season
post #581 of 665

I think this show fell off a cliff with the Candidate Knope storyline and hasn't been the same since.   Very few sitcoms can get away with major changes to their main characters.    They had a good thing going with the Parks & Rec crew and they blew it all up.  Knope is not as funny as a politician, she was funnier as an assistant parks director with political aspirations.   Ben is not funny on his own.  April is not funny without Andy and Ron.   Ron and Andy are not the same without April.    Tom is better when he's Leslie's #2.    They seem to have ignored all of the fantastic chemistry the main characters had built up over the previous seasons.    Oh, and Anne Perkins still sucks.  

post #582 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post

I think this show fell off a cliff with the Candidate Knope storyline and hasn't been the same since.   Very few sitcoms can get away with major changes to their main characters.    They had a good thing going with the Parks & Rec crew and they blew it all up.  Knope is not as funny as a politician, she was funnier as an assistant parks director with political aspirations.   Ben is not funny on his own.  April is not funny without Andy and Ron.   Ron and Andy are not the same without April.    Tom is better when he's Leslie's #2.    They seem to have ignored all of the fantastic chemistry the main characters had built up over the previous seasons.    Oh, and Anne Perkins still sucks.  

but this show is still better than most of the abysmal sitcoms on the major networks.

i consistetnly laugh during most eps. can't say that about many others.
post #583 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

but this show is still better than most of the abysmal sitcoms on the major networks.
i consistently laugh during most eps. can't say that about many others.
I totally agree.
post #584 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post


but this show is still better than most of the abysmal sitcoms on the major networks.
i consistetnly laugh during most eps. can't say that about many others.

 

I agree on the first part.   Network TV is awful.    I still get a lot of laughs out of the show, but not as much as I once did.  

post #585 of 665
Ben is not funny on his own. April is not funny without Andy and Ron. Ron and Andy are not the same without April.

Well unless things change back again, they solved these problems last week.

I agree with what I believe Entertainment Magazine (?!?) said: the best ensemble on television.
post #586 of 665
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post

I think this show fell off a cliff with the Candidate Knope storyline and hasn't been the same since.   Very few sitcoms can get away with major changes to their main characters.    They had a good thing going with the Parks & Rec crew and they blew it all up.  Knope is not as funny as a politician, she was funnier as an assistant parks director with political aspirations.   Ben is not funny on his own.  April is not funny without Andy and Ron.   Ron and Andy are not the same without April.    Tom is better when he's Leslie's #2.    They seem to have ignored all of the fantastic chemistry the main characters had built up over the previous seasons.    Oh, and Anne Perkins still sucks.  

It was nice to see April and Andy back together making funny comments.

Good episode this past week.
post #587 of 665
loved orin's performance art
post #588 of 665
For those that watch from dvr or Hulu, no spoilers here.


Just to advise that this week was best p & r of the season.

Vintage Ron f******g Swanson and Tammy too.

Hilarious

Lyao!
post #589 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

For those that watch from dvr or Hulu, no spoilers here.
Just to advise that this week was best p & r of the season.
Vintage Ron f******g Swanson and Tammy too.
Hilarious
Lyao!

I just got onto Parks and Recreation recently. Spent Thanksgiving with my son and his family and they convinced me, finally, to start watching. I've only watched a few episodes but enjoyed them. I agree that this week's show was a worlds fair. Ron was a delight and the wonderfully funny Megan Mullally was hysterical as Ron's predatory ex-wife. Funny, funny stuff!
post #590 of 665
If you haven't seen any of the previous Ron and Tammy episodes, track them down. You have no idea... smile.gif

Have you seen the Ron Swanson Pyramid of Greatness?

http://ronswanson2012.org/pyramid.png
post #591 of 665
Thread Starter 
Loved Tammy this week. Good episode
post #592 of 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I just got onto Parks and Recreation recently. Spent Thanksgiving with my son and his family and they convinced me, finally, to start watching. I've only watched a few episodes but enjoyed them. I agree that this week's show was a worlds fair. Ron was a delight and the wonderfully funny Megan Mullally was hysterical as Ron's predatory ex-wife. Funny, funny stuff!



Gwsat, congrats on raising your son properly and allowing him to develop well reifined taste in his
Sitcom preferences.

You have no idea what you've been missing with this little pearl of a show. The best most overlooked show on any network for last 4 years. I recommend renting or streaming the prior seasons to catch up on all the gold material you have missed.

I promise you won't rue these endorsements.

Enjoy!
post #593 of 665
Just to advise that this week was best p & r of the season.

Absitively. They sort of lost their way earlier in the season with the emphasis on Leslie's political shenanigans. Now they're back to their strengths: the interaction of all the ensemble.

"I know you like artichokes, and PLUMS!''

""For God's sake, woman!"
post #594 of 665
Thread Starter 
Interesting how NBC's Thursday Night Comedy is all-new except for Parks and Rec. I'm guessing it's due to the new 1600 Penn slot, and the fact The Office and 30 Rock are coming to an end soon.
post #595 of 665
The faster NBC craps out the remaining episodes of The Office, the better.
post #596 of 665
Thread Starter 
Good episode. Lots of cameos.
post #597 of 665
yep, it was good.

like ron trying to get a drink in that bar and the usual jerry disrespect
post #598 of 665
Thread Starter 
Good episode. April was looking good in the garbage outfit tongue.gif
post #599 of 665
2 good episodes in a row!
post #600 of 665
Seems to be back on track.

Pretty good show.

Next week should be interesting.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Parks and Recreation on NBC HD