Well I ordered the 65V10, and just in time too. I stared at the product page on Amazon for 3 days. At first they only had 5 left, then 4, and then 3. I told myself that I would order it when there was only 2 left. But then I decided to order it anyway (with 3 in stock) at the $2500 price. Right after I ordered it, there were 2 left and the price went up to $3000.
I'm excited and concerned at the same time. I'm excited that I'm going from a 50" to a 65". But I'm concerned about the black level rise. But then I figured that even if it does rise, it'll probably still be better than my current Pioneer 5070, right?
I tried to find the black level measurement of my 5070, but couldn't find anything. I've read that the V10 measured at .007, but then Cnet measured it at .016 after 1500 hours of use. Do you guys think that .016 would still be darker than my current 5070?
Overall, size was the most important factor in my decision to upgrade. But since my 5070 is now four years old, I'm assuming that the V10 will produce a better picture as well (including deeper blacks). D-Nice commented that even the S2 would be a better than my current Pio.
Well, now for the waiting game...