or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Panasonic V10 [NO PRICE TALK PLEASE]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic V10 [NO PRICE TALK PLEASE] - Page 349

post #10441 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kramer View Post

My v10 was professionally calibrated by an isf certified tech who's been calibrating for a while. I'm not sure if he made global offsets in the service menu, but I wouldn't mind sharing the results if anyone is interested.

Sure, I'd be interested.
post #10442 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal33 View Post

Sure, I'd be interested.

Ditto. 65" here, what is yours? Would different sizes matter?
post #10443 of 10489
I have a 65 as well.
post #10444 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgreg View Post


Ditto. 65" here, what is yours? Would different sizes matter?

Yeah, a little. Mine's a 50". Black levels look pretty dark after all these hours still. Though I did the pot adjustment for a while too. Maybe that had something to do with it. It's normal now, but whatever. I'll post the settings tonight in the picture settings thread.
post #10445 of 10489
I have a 65" that was pro calibrated and it still looks great with well over 2500 hours on it. I believe the service menu was mainly used to calibrate the gray scale, as far as I know. I do know the panel looked noticeably better after the calibration and I will do the same for the next unit I get. When you spend $3200 for a TV another 10% to calibrate is easy to justify in my mind.
post #10446 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kramer View Post

My v10 was professionally calibrated by an isf certified tech who's been calibrating for a while. I'm not sure if he made global offsets in the service menu, but I wouldn't mind sharing the results if anyone is interested.

Has the IR gotten any better on your set? I know awhile back you said you had noticed a severe increase in IR.
post #10447 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by guvadc View Post


Has the IR gotten any better on your set? I know awhile back you said you had noticed a severe increase in IR.

I still notice it... But I'm not overly concerned with static logos either. I watch what I want to watch. I use the scrolling bar every now and then. I only see outlines on black screens sometimes. Then it's temporary, and goes away when there's content. Like, when I checked my calibration to see if it was crushing blacks or clipping whites, there werent any signs of IR in the slides. I forgot to post those settings last night, btw. I'll do that later today.
post #10448 of 10489
My 65v10 still looks great! Zero issues, zero complaints here! Great tv IMO! Only wish would be more apps on the tv. Otherwise it's great. Even the picture lol
post #10449 of 10489
Posted my isf calibration settings in the v10 picture settings thread.
post #10450 of 10489
My 58V10 will be 2 years old at the end of Aug. The picture freezes up once and a while. I have to shake it a bit to get it working. It has started making a buzzing sound the past few months.....again, a slight shake makes it go away.

Any idea's??
post #10451 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSBMAN View Post

My 58V10 will be 2 years old at the end of Aug. The picture freezes up once and a while. I have to shake it a bit to get it working. It has started making a buzzing sound the past few months.....again, a slight shake makes it go away.

Any idea's??

I would change all the cables and re-hook them before anything more drastic. The shake could be just re-connecting the cable.
post #10452 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post

I would change all the cables and re-hook them before anything more drastic. The shake could be just re-connecting the cable.

I thought about that too but that buzzing sound is concerning.
post #10453 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgreg View Post

I thought about that too but that buzzing sound is concerning.

No Kidding. It's buzzing like a Samsung.
post #10454 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSBMAN
My 58V10 will be 2 years old at the end of Aug. The picture freezes up once and a while. I have to shake it a bit to get it working. It has started making a buzzing sound the past few months.....again, a slight shake makes it go away.

Any idea's??
I'd use your warranty if you have one left.
post #10455 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kramer

I'd use your warranty if you have one left.
Only one year on Panasonic's.
post #10456 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSBMAN View Post
Only one year on Panasonic's.
If you b ought it with a credit card you may have an extra year from them. I got an extra year with my Visa card. Check with your card company.
post #10457 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnymac51

If you b ought it with a credit card you may have an extra year from them. I got an extra year with my Visa card. Check with your card company.
Paid cash.
Not much left to do. When it dies.....try something else I guess.
post #10458 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSBMAN View Post
Paid cash.
Not much left to do. When it dies.....try something else I guess.
That's why I always buy a Squaretrade warranty.
post #10459 of 10489
Well I posted this back in May, but I confirmed it last night again. For some reason, my 42S1 has a "better" picture than my 65V10. Obviously I would think the V10 should be "better" than the S1. But that is not the case.

The S1 is definetly brighter. I'm not sure which SM offset I applied to that, but I would like my V10 to be brighter. I did apply some SM offset to the 65V10 within the past 6 months, but I can't remember whose offset I used.

Does anyone know of any SM offset that I can use to make my V10 brighter? Thanks.
post #10460 of 10489
I have not seen a post since late 2011. Aren't you folks still enjoying your Panasonic? Anything new happening? Since I purchased this TV there have been a 2010,2011 and now a 2012 series. Still happy with what I have. While 3D seems like it might be cool, I have not been willing to dump this set for a new one. How bout the rest of you?
Manny
post #10461 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmanny3 View Post

I have not seen a post since late 2011. Aren't you folks still enjoying your Panasonic? Anything new happening? Since I purchased this TV there have been a 2010,2011 and now a 2012 series. Still happy with what I have. While 3D seems like it might be cool, I have not been willing to dump this set for a new one. How bout the rest of you?
Manny

I still love my 65V10 but would like to trade for the new model for the 3D and better black level. The problem is how to sell my unit and for what price. Ebay is not an option since shipping will be a killer and local pick up is would limit potential buyers.
post #10462 of 10489
I still love my V10. No upgrade-itis here.
post #10463 of 10489
I still love my 65V10, too. It has a beautiful pro calibrated picture. Upgraditis will hit when OLED becomes mainstream and relatively affordable, $4K for 65 inches.
post #10464 of 10489
My 54V10 is still going strong. I've been looking to supplement it with a projector for a large screen though.
post #10465 of 10489
Still going strong with my 50V10 also. Will be upgrading to the VT50 after I see what issues it has and they have been fixed.
post #10466 of 10489
What do you guys do with your V10 when decided to upgrade ? I don't have space for 2 65" TVs and wonder what is the best way to sell it. Is Craigslist something reliable ? Thanks.
post #10467 of 10489
My 58V10 is still going strong as well. Black levels are fine which they were as dark as they were when new though

My next display will be OLED in a couple of years or so.
post #10468 of 10489
65V10 still going strong! Still love the pic of it when I watch it. I matched it up with Denon AVR, and some Salk Soundscape LCR's. Along with an SVS Powered sub.Movie night cant get much better. No upgrade in mind for years to come!
I did purchase a 40S2 a year or so ago for the bedroom, I seem to spend more time in there lately though, not sure why, its quieter with my door shut, and layin on the bed seems more comfy than the couch. Anyways, Panny makes great sets IMO.

BTW..I've never measured the black levels, but they have never been an issue to my non calibrated eye. Most of that was blown overboard IMO.
post #10469 of 10489
Still love my 50V10 and get plenty of great comments on the PQ. I have been to the hospital and am considered disabled with.....about, hmmm 0 dollars in disposable income with no plans to upgrade anyway.

Great TV and I hope this puppy last a long time. Glad I have what I have.
post #10470 of 10489
58v10 is still kickin' and I'm still lovin' it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Panasonic V10 [NO PRICE TALK PLEASE]