or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Panasonic V10 [NO PRICE TALK PLEASE]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic V10 [NO PRICE TALK PLEASE] - Page 47

post #1381 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedking View Post

Ah yes....watching a 50" display from a foot away..just what the doctor ordered.[IMG]http://***************/9/P/i.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://***************/9/F/i.jpg[/IMG]

Lmao made my day..
post #1382 of 10489
Anyone have any comment on the impacts of having a larger display? I'm trying to decide between the 50 and 54. Other than it being more likely that you notice flaws in the material (assuming same seating distance), does a larger panel do anything to things like black levels, viewing angle, anything? Would appreciate any thoughts on this. I'm considering this TV for a 15 x 13' viewing area.
post #1383 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrand1 View Post

Anyone have any comment on the impacts of having a larger display? I'm trying to decide between the 50 and 54. Other than it being more likely that you notice flaws in the material (assuming same seating distance), does a larger panel do anything to things like black levels, viewing angle, anything? Would appreciate any thoughts on this. I'm considering this TV for a 15 x 13' viewing area.

I just moved my 50 inch Pio-111 to another room and replaced it with the with the Pani 54 inch V, and I was kinda shocked about how many more flaws I saw. It is difficult to do a fair comparison because of the better processing of the Pioneer, however, on the new bigger Pani, HD looks great, however SD & regular DVD look considerably worse and I think the SD viewing looks worse largely due to the making the picture larger which brings out many more flaws in the source. Note that I am sitting pretty close between 6-9 feet away from the screen.
post #1384 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy202022 View Post

I just moved my 50 inch Pio-111 to another room and replaced it with the with the Pani 54 inch V, and I was kinda shocked about how many more flaws I saw. It is difficult to do a fair comparison because of the better processing of the Pioneer, however, on the new bigger Pani, HD looks great, however SD & regular DVD look considerably worse and I think the SD viewing looks worse largely due to the making the picture larger which brings out many more flaws in the source. Note that I am sitting pretty close between 6-9 feet away from the screen.

So did you see lots of flaws on Blu Ray material? Or was it just on SD TV and DVD?
post #1385 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by water63 View Post

So did you see lots of flaws on Blu Ray material? Or was it just on SD TV and DVD?

Blu-ray is ridiculously amazing so much better then Comcast HD, just the SD stuff...
post #1386 of 10489
By the way, does this unit exhibit a grainy pic, buzzing, SDE and SSE at approx 4 inches away, viewed through a loupe and upside down?

I ask only because I plan to watch my movies, suspended from the ceiling with my nose almost touching the screen, through a loupe for reasons I won't go into. I'm also worried the matte like finish of the AR coating will tickle my nose too much if I happen to touch it, and if that rumor proves to be true, then I will have to consider the Samsung, with its glossier coating.

I have read there are issues with this set in those circumstances and I wanted to make sure before I plonk down that much money.
post #1387 of 10489
im in the same boat, i want to know this to :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoclown View Post

By the way, does this unit exhibit a grainy pic, buzzing, SDE and SSE at approx 4 inches away, viewed through a loupe and upside down?

I ask only because I plan to watch my movies, suspended from the ceiling with my nose almost touching the screen, through a loupe for reasons I won't go into. I'm also worried the matte like finish of the AR coating will tickle my nose too much if I happen to touch it, and if that rumor proves to be true, then I will have to consider the Samsung, with its glossier coating.

I have read there are issues with this set in those circumstances and I wanted to make sure before I plonk down that much money.
post #1388 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoclown View Post

By the way, does this unit exhibit a grainy pic, buzzing, SDE and SSE at approx 4 inches away, and upside down?

I ask only because I plan to watch my movies, suspended from the ceiling with my nose almost touching the screen, for reasons I won't go into. I'm also worried the matte like finish of the AR coating will tickle my nose too much if I happen to touch it, and if that rumor proves to be true, then I will have to consider the Samsung, with its glossier coating.

I have read there are issues with this set in those circumstances and I wanted to make sure before I plonk down that much money.


Because of the growing popularity of watching TV this way, Panasonic has included a special vertical picture flip micro-view setting that optimizes PQ for this stylish and hip method of viewing. It's one of the main selling features of the V10 models.
post #1389 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

I checked the ratings of U.S. Appliance and I would not be in a hurry to do business with them anytime soon.

Bill

Where did you check? I went to resellerratings and found them with a lifetime 7.22/10 rating - average is 8/10. Their 6 month rating is up slightly to 7.33/10, which I guess bodes positive. By comparsion, Best Buy's rating is 2.02/10 lifetime and 4.08/10 the past six months, and how many of us shop at Best Buy for at least some things? OTOH, Vann's lifetime rating is 9.02/10 and their six month rating is 10/10, which pretty much makes them a benchmark for audio/video. So I would say US Appliances is far better than Best Buy but not up the level of Vann's.
post #1390 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoclown View Post

By the way, does this unit exhibit a grainy pic, buzzing, SDE and SSE at approx 4 inches away, viewed through a loupe and upside down?

I ask only because I plan to watch my movies, suspended from the ceiling with my nose almost touching the screen, through a loupe for reasons I won't go into. I'm also worried the matte like finish of the AR coating will tickle my nose too much if I happen to touch it, and if that rumor proves to be true, then I will have to consider the Samsung, with its glossier coating.

I have read there are issues with this set in those circumstances and I wanted to make sure before I plonk down that much money.

Bwah ha ha ha ha!!!!!
post #1391 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith901 View Post

Because of the growing popularity of watching TV this way, Panasonic has included a special vertical picture flip micro-view setting that optimizes PQ for this stylish and hip method of viewing. It's one of the main selling features of the V10 models.

Freaking hilarious! God how I love good sarcasm!!!

I will bet that the day won't end before we get another rediculous repeat question, that has already been covered, ad nauseum.
post #1392 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanlanman View Post

Freaking hilarious! God how I love good sarcasm!!!

I will bet that the day won't end before we get another rediculous repeat question, that has already been covered, ad nauseum.

Well, you should enjoy this. In checking the ratings for OneCall a poster made this statement:

"Unfortunately that was all they did right in my interaction with them. On May 6, 2009 I placed an order for a Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM telephoto lens. For all of the mainland OneCall offers an inexpensive $9.96 shipping rate but for some inexplicable reason people in Hawaii are forced to choose at a minimum 2nd day air ($26.78). Offering FedEX Ground shipping would be a much cheaper and attractive option."

They tried that but the Fedex trucks kept sinking!
post #1393 of 10489
That's funny too!
post #1394 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith901 View Post

Because of the growing popularity of watching TV this way, Panasonic has included a special vertical picture flip micro-view setting that optimizes PQ for this stylish and hip method of viewing. It's one of the main selling features of the V10 models.

My Sammy and Pioneer do it better (and of course.....less expensively) !!!
post #1395 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith901 View Post

They tried that but the Fedex trucks kept sinking!

While I believe that where there is smoke, there is often fire; you make a good point for the need to read some of the "complaints" that retailers receive. Some of these people want to blame everything on the seller and take no responsibility for their lack of common sense or their inability to read / comprehend the obvious.
post #1396 of 10489
Is this one better thanPDP-5020FD ?
post #1397 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugupo View Post

what is different between v10 and g15?

Rather than ask the same question over and over, why not just take 45 seconds or so to go to Panasonic's site and look at the specs yourself? In under a minute, I was able to look at the specs of both models and compare/contrast them.
post #1398 of 10489
cnet cameout review for Samsung PN50B650, it said is has better picture overall than v10 but v10 has better black.
post #1399 of 10489
After seeing the PN50B860 at Magnolia, I would believe that. It looked almost as good as the Kuro. I would have bought one if it wasn't for the buzz risk.
post #1400 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmy999 View Post

After seeing the PN50B860 at Magnolia, I would believe that. It looked almost as good as the Kuro. I would have bought one if it wasn't for the buzz risk.

So judging from the V10 you have now, is the PQ pretty inferior to the Samsung? Or is it more like a toss up on what qualities you value more on a TV?
post #1401 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester257 View Post

I would not deal with Best Buy for a TV. It seems as though they never (or very seldom) have the best price,even among reliable,authorized "brick & mortar" dealers.

Best Buy is for computers and maybe for Blu-ray discs,DVD's,and CD's if you catch a sale. I'd rather go to a dedicated appliance dealer for appliances & I'd rather go to a real home theater dealer for a TV and home theater equipment.


Best Buy is for not much of anything unless you have to have it now. High prices & poor customer service
post #1402 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by water63 View Post

So judging from the V10 you have now, is the PQ pretty inferior to the Samsung? Or is it more like a toss up on what qualities you value more on a TV?

It is hard to say because I am not seeing them side by side. I have no complaints with my V10. But I liked the B650 better than the last years version of the Panasonic V10 (850U) that was sitting beside of it. But who knows what the settings were, so even that isn't a fair judgement. I just know the 850U looked great and had better blacks in the moderate lighting of the Magnolia store than the 850U did, but not quite as good as the Kuro on the other side of it.
post #1403 of 10489
[quote=freddy202022;16655504]Blu-ray is ridiculously amazing so much better then Comcast HD, just the SD stuff...[/QUOT


Comcast is ridiculously poor at everything they do.....worse company on the planet....
post #1404 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmy999 View Post

After seeing the PN50B860 at Magnolia, I would believe that. It looked almost as good as the Kuro. I would have bought one if it wasn't for the buzz risk.


That's the rub on Samsung displays, there is always the "if it wasn't for the "....plus the horrid customer service and reliability issues.
post #1405 of 10489
Freddy 202s post about awful pq on sd material has put the break on my 54v purchase.I was up grading from a pioneer 433cmx that always made sd dvds look great( depending on the source).Im wondering if he was talking about sd off the air broadcasts which did look pretty bad on the 433 but not sd dvds.Since I have loads of concert and movie sd dvds that will never end up on blu-ray(nor do I want to buy them again)the sd pq is very important to me.ill also be sitting about 7 ft from the screen.Should I give up the panny 54v upgrade and hope next year will present a model more in line to fulfill my needs?
post #1406 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post

Freddy 202s post about awful pq on sd material has put the break on my 54v purchase.I was up grading from a pioneer 433cmx that always made sd dvds look great( depending on the source).Im wondering if he was talking about sd off the air broadcasts which did look pretty bad on the 433 but not sd dvds.Since I have loads of concert and movie sd dvds that will never end up on blu-ray(nor do I want to buy them again)the sd pq is very important to me.ill also be sitting about 7 ft from the screen.Should I give up the panny 54v upgrade and hope next year will present a model more in line to fulfill my needs?

If you have a decent DVD player chances are the upconversion will be pretty good and the display will be fed by a 1080P signal. This should output a very good picture. Feeding a 480i signal (no upconversion) is a different ball game and in this case I believe the picture won't be that good. I sold my Toshiba XA2 on Ebay and the upconversion is top notch. I don't know any display that can match a good upconverted SD DVD, not even the Kuro.

All other SD sources are normally pretty bad, as you say.
post #1407 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post

Freddy 202s post about awful pq on sd material has put the break on my 54v purchase.I was up grading from a pioneer 433cmx that always made sd dvds look great( depending on the source).Im wondering if he was talking about sd off the air broadcasts which did look pretty bad on the 433 but not sd dvds.Since I have loads of concert and movie sd dvds that will never end up on blu-ray(nor do I want to buy them again)the sd pq is very important to me.ill also be sitting about 7 ft from the screen.Should I give up the panny 54v upgrade and hope next year will present a model more in line to fulfill my needs?


Poor Freddy has Comcast, the worst excuse for a cable company on the planet. I have Directv and the SD isn't bad on my older Panasonic Plasma, but I don't waste my time watching SD anymore. I too have DVD's and I am in the process of replacing some of those with blu rays. Directv gives me enough options that I don't have to watch SD anymore. All my local channels are in HD and Directv's assortment of HD content is impressive.

Once you get used to HD, SD becomes unwatchable. I don't know any display that really does SD that well. In some instances your DVD player could impact the picture, but not that much. Don't buy into the myth that upconversion turns an SD source into "almost like HD", that's not true. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken "chit". If the source material is average, it doesn't become "HD like" with a DVD player's processing.

Keep in mind that the larger the display(of any model)the more you can see, both good and bad. When you get a larger display and a good HD source it's a great viewing experience.
post #1408 of 10489
thanks speedking but im not willing to give up watching my sd dvds.Too much invested in them.hopefully the panny 60 or the oppo83,both of which have been praised for their upconversion will do the trick for me.I also have direct tv and could not agree with you more.I will not watch off the air sd broadcasts again.
post #1409 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post

thanks speedking but im not willing to give up watching my sd dvds.Too much invested in them.hopefully the panny 60 or the oppo83,both of which have been praised for their upconversion will do the trick for me.I also have direct tv and could not agree with you more.I will not watch off the air sd broadcasts again.


I know how you feel about your SD DVD's, I felt horrible when my Laser Discs developed "laser rot" and they were rendered useless. Some of the material on those Laser Discs have never appeared on a DVD. I hope it works out for you and I believe you will be happy with the Panasonic.
post #1410 of 10489
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefin View Post

Ha, yeah. For me it is hard to explain, because by all the standards, the B750 is a fantastic LCD, but there was something just a little un-natural about watching movies on it.

I think once I get this home I will be a plasma convert too. I just hope IR with plasma doesn't but me on 2.35. I will run the burn-in card as long a possible.

Ya I am telling you I am never going back. Each day that I spend watching tv I keeping telling myself why did I get a LCD screen. Now my gf keep fighting over what we are going to watch on the tv LOL. But I can tell you that the blacks looks wonderful I love the shadow detail when watching a movie. The colors pop so much when watching the v10. But I can tell you that the pioneer do have the best blacks but looking at the 600hz motion and colors on this v10 it looks phenomenal. I know in the next two years I will get a much bigger screen but for now I am very satisfied with my purchase. Here are some photos that I took with my iphone 3g. Now please I am no way good in taking pics but I will post some later.
LL
LL
LL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Panasonic V10 [NO PRICE TALK PLEASE]