Originally Posted by Civuck
So I've done a bit of testing with firmware 1.02.04 and here are some quick notes...
- Fast-forwarding and rewinding indeed seems to be messed up. For instance, if you fast-forward visually to a spot and press play, it will revert back to a previous point in the video.
- I do not like subtitles on by default.
- As someone else pointed out, menus indeed feel somewhat sluggish at 1080p/24
I fully concur
My obvservations with 1.02.04
1) Fast-forwarding actually ends up at a point before started to fast-forward on m2ts files
2) FLAC problem - Some will play some will not (from the same album ripped at the same time) "file type not supported" - evident since 1.02.03
- Played fine in firmwares previous to 1.02.03
. (going to investigate this or re-rip these again to see if clears the problem) **resolved** see below
3) Sometimes the unit reboots while scanning 1TB+ seagate drives. Generally having more difficulties with Hard drives. **not experiencing this since removal of Corrupt FLAC Files**
4) 1080p/24 good on M2TS (was ok to me anyway)
5) Menu's getting progressively worse (Sluggish) though every update 1080/50 or 1080/24
**Update on FLAC problem**
It appears upon moving the drive back to windows that, there has been some file corruption. Although the file size displays good in windows e.g 23mb,
DB power amp displays all information and file size from the affected files as '0mb' They won't play at all.
So I went to the back up folder of the rip, and all files were good. The mind boggles !!!! I Hope this is a one off, although it may co-incide with some thumbnail corruption I experienced once installed 1.02.03