or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › 42ZV650U Toshiba Calibration...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

42ZV650U Toshiba Calibration...

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
Post all calibration settings here...

This is what I'm using on Standard for HDMI 1, DirecTV HD Receiver.

Backlight 39
Contrast 86
Brightness 14
Color 0
Tint 0
Sharpness 0

Base Color Adjustment

Red H +3 S -2 B -1
Green H +1 S -2 B +1
Blue H -2 S 0 B +4
Yellow H -1 S +8 B +6
Magenta H +1 S -2 B +4
Cyan H +2 S +2 B +1

Color Temperature
4
Red O -1
Green O +1
Blue O +2
Red G 0
Green G 0
Blue G 0

Dynalight On
Dynamic Contrast 5
Static Gamma 1
Resolution+ 4
ClearScan 240 On
post #2 of 22
You can get the Basic disks to attempt an amateur Calibration or call a Pro on the forum which may run you $300-$400 or so. Looking forward to viewing this panel myself since I'm hearing a number of positives so far.

Walmart has the disk for a very low price and it appears the Toshiba is trying to use a six color system much like 6 color printing does and would guess it could handle it since they are the basic RGB Primaries and Cayan Magenta and Yellow which has been around much longer than the Toshiba processing. A Pro ISF Tech can get into areas you cannot though with their precision tools. Also, study the owners manual on the color system to see what they recommend.

post #3 of 22
Thread Starter 
I work at Best Buy, and am not sold on paying for the calibration yet even though I know it's worth it.
post #4 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribestros View Post

I work at Best Buy, and am not sold on paying for the calibration yet even though I know it's worth it.

don't you get discount on geek squad ISF?
post #5 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribestros View Post

I work at Best Buy, and am not sold on paying for the calibration yet even though I know it's worth it.

It's worth it, just not by Best Buy. (no offense to you directly) Get a real ISF pro in there and they can do wonders.
post #6 of 22
what experience do you have with geek isf cali?

have you had bad experience with them before??

was considering letting them do it.

I know the installer is isf cert, so what's the diff?
post #7 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice06 View Post

what experience do you have with geek isf cali?

have you had bad experience with them before??

was considering letting them do it.

I know the installer is isf cert, so what's the diff?

I don't have any first hand experience with BB calibrating my set. However, for what they charge you can get one of the many pro calibrators who post on AVS with proven history to do your set.

As for the isf cert it's just a piece of paper. Just like someone who goes out and gets their MCSE. Sure they might remember things well and be good at tests. However, who knows how much real world experience they have and if they can handle things outside of the training.
post #8 of 22
@ tribestros did u find any good settings yet?
post #9 of 22
a geek squad calibration is only $200 with purchase of a tv, and i found out the calibrator guy has done 200+ tv calibrations....

to me that's not bad
post #10 of 22
Thread Starter 
Here's the settings I'm using...

Backlight 39
Contrast 86
Brightness 14
Color 0
Tint 0
Sharpness 0

Base Color Adjustment

Red H +3 S -2 B -1
Green H +1 S -2 B +1
Blue H -2 S 0 B +4
Yellow H -1 S +8 B +6
Magenta H +1 S -2 B +4
Cyan H +2 S +2 B +1

Color Temperature
4
Red O -1
Green O +1
Blue O +2
Red G 0
Green G 0
Blue G 0

Dynalight On
Dynamic Contrast 5
Static Gamma 1
Resolution+ 4
ClearScan 240 On
post #11 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribestros View Post

Here's the settings I'm using...

Backlight 39
Contrast 86
Brightness 14
Color 0
Tint 0
Sharpness 0

Base Color Adjustment

Red H +3 S -2 B -1
Green H +1 S -2 B +1
Blue H -2 S 0 B +4
Yellow H -1 S +8 B +6
Magenta H +1 S -2 B +4
Cyan H +2 S +2 B +1

Color Temperature
4
Red O -1
Green O +1
Blue O +2
Red G 0
Green G 0
Blue G 0

Dynalight On
Dynamic Contrast 5
Static Gamma 1
Resolution+ 4
ClearScan 240 On

Please post your viewing mode as well. Is it autoview or movie?
post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribestros View Post

Here's the settings I'm using...

And more importantly, what's your input source and setup media.
post #13 of 22
Thread Starter 
It's just standard on Directv HD.
post #14 of 22
Anyone else have more settings? I don't have a disc, nor do I have a Blu-Ray Player to buy that calibration disc.
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseoracle View Post

Anyone else have more settings? I don't have a disc, nor do I have a Blu-Ray Player to buy that calibration disc.

This is basically CNETs calibration but I added some adjustments to enhance the blacks by a large margin. Best skin tone I have seen is in this calibration also.


Picture menu
Picture Mode: Movie
Backlight: 30
Contrast: 99
Brightness: 0
Color: 1
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

Advanced Picture Settings menu:
ColorMaster: Off
Dynalight: On
Dynamic Contrast: 5
Static Gamma: 0
ClearScan 240: On
Film Stabilization: Standard

Color Temperature submenu:
Color Temperature: 2
Red-Offset: -4
Green-Offset: 3
Blue-Offset: 0
Red-Gain: 4
Green-Gain: -2
Blue-Gain: 6

Auto Brightness Sensor Settings submenu:
Auto Brightness Sensor: Off
Backlight Adjustment Pro: [grayed out]

Noise Reduction submenu:
MPEG NR: Off
DNR: Off

Resolution+ submenu:
Resolution+: Off
Level: 3 [grayed out]

Expert Mode submenu:
[all colors on]
Color: 1
Tint: 0
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniwolfe View Post

This is basically CNETs calibration but I added some adjustments to enhance the blacks by a large margin. Best skin tone I have seen is in this calibration also.


Picture menu
Picture Mode: Movie
Backlight: 30
Contrast: 99
Brightness: 0
Color: 1
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

Advanced Picture Settings menu:
ColorMaster: Off
Dynalight: On
Dynamic Contrast: 5
Static Gamma: 0
ClearScan 240: On
Film Stabilization: Standard

Color Temperature submenu:
Color Temperature: 2
Red-Offset: -4
Green-Offset: 3
Blue-Offset: 0
Red-Gain: 4
Green-Gain: -2
Blue-Gain: 6

Auto Brightness Sensor Settings submenu:
Auto Brightness Sensor: Off
Backlight Adjustment Pro: [grayed out]

Noise Reduction submenu:
MPEG NR: Off
DNR: Off

Resolution+ submenu:
Resolution+: Off
Level: 3 [grayed out]

Expert Mode submenu:
[all colors on]
Color: 1
Tint: 0

Great stuff cheers [IMG]http://***************/9/P/i.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://***************/9/R/i.jpg[/IMG]
post #17 of 22
what are the calibrations, or settings for a 46xv645u, those calibrations for xx650u can be put on xv645u
post #18 of 22
can i use those settings on a 46xv645u toshiba
post #19 of 22
does anybody know the settings for an 46xv645u,in movies,and sports mode,help will be appreciated
post #20 of 22
does anybody know the settings for an 46xv645u,in movies,and sports mode,help will be appreciated
post #21 of 22
post #22 of 22
Does anyone have a nice sports and game settings? Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › 42ZV650U Toshiba Calibration...