or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Cleveland, OH - HDTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cleveland, OH - HDTV - Page 131

post #3901 of 3986
Maybe Univision wants to keep .2 open for another Spanish network, possibly for cable coverage. Remember when WUAB bumped ThisTV from .2 to .3 and placed Bounce on .2? Bounce then became available on TWC and ThisTV lost it's cable coverage.
post #3902 of 3986
that is why i stated UniMas Univision owns it, ThisTV was planned to be dropped by Raycom, Speaking of ThisTV if it does go to WJW, in order for Movies! to be picked up by either WBNX or anyone it has to have full cable coverage, So WBNX would have to find a network that does not require full cable coverage, since they have not been able to get it for ThisTV or 55.2, I do believe that Raycom has tested out Movies! in at least one or two markets where they fully own the stations, i know there are one or two where they just operate it but may not have signed the affiliation agreement themselves but the station owners most likely did
post #3903 of 3986

GetTV is showing a movie right now.   Shows up on my DigitalStream box as 61.3.

post #3904 of 3986
Noted on my Zenith box 61 3 lit up in the overnight hoursa vfew days ago, with no information avail & a no signal box but still displaying the full strength , this AM the Get TV id cam,e up with them showing movie clips sometime between 3 & 6 AM.

I rescanned my one TV, a bit of a disappointment it moved 61.1 to 34.3, & placed Get at 61.3. I also have WOSU 34.3 scanned in (PBS Create) but hidden.

Not sure if they are done here, but something is not entirely right ... I'm thinking the 61.3 (instead of 61.2) was on purpose, but, wonder why it moved 61.1 to it's physical channel of 34.3.

I had tested a Funi STB years ago, that put 55 always on ch 30 (it's physical channel.).
post #3905 of 3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck440 View Post

Not sure if they are done here, but something is not entirely right ... I'm thinking the 61.3 (instead of 61.2) was on purpose.
I'm starting to think it was done on purpose too. While watching, the hourly ID came up and it said WQHS 61.3 Cleveland.

As I said earlier, it was probably done to allow cable coverage for whatever ends up on 61.2. They probably don't want people to get use to GetTV being available on cable and then get complaints when the network gets bumped to .3 in favor for something else on .2.
post #3906 of 3986
just because a station is on .3 does not mean it will not be on cable,
they probably decided at the last minute to move GetTv to 61.3,
it could be that UniMas ends up on 61.2,
but it is odd to skip to .3 and not have an announcement for .2,
if it is UniMas that gets added why even wait i doubt that any affiliation agreement has to be signed they own the network,
whatever it is that ends up on 61.2 may not be allowed to be announced yet

I had contacted a new diginet called Gravity Sports Network
http://gravitysportsnetwork.com/
they do not have an affiliate yet but they said they will work on it
Edited by jxg0754 - 1/29/14 at 10:15pm
post #3907 of 3986
So subs over .2 do not get on the Cable? Didn't know those rules.

If a 61.2 came on interesting where my TV will assign it , 61.2 or 34.4?

I can see it assigning it to it's physical channel, but why on 2 different channel #'s? like they are using a second transmitter for Get . or reassigned 61.1 to another transmitter
post #3908 of 3986
subs over .2 can be on cable
post #3909 of 3986
In some cases, yes. But that depends if the cable company has room to add them. I know that ThisTV hasn't been added back on TWC since it got moved from 43.2 to 43.3 and then to WBNX. I think coverage of 3.2 on TWC was dropped in favor for LWN when WEWS activated 5.2.

Subs Currently Available on TWC (Channel Listings)
5.2 - LWN (986)
8.2 - Antenna TV (988)
19.2 - Me-TV (987)
25.2 - Ohio Channel (990)
25.3 - PBS World (991)
25.4 - Create (992)
43.2 - Bounce (996)
49.2 - Fusion (993)
49.3 - MHz (994)
49.4 - V-Me (804)

Looking at the TWC listings, 995 appears to be open, which could be reserved for a WQHS subchannel. 997, 998 and 999 appear to be open as well. I would think that those channels would have been used long ago by WVPX or WDLI or even for WBNX 55.3.
Edited by snowdog 88 - 1/30/14 at 2:22pm
post #3910 of 3986
WBNX has not really invested in their station,
how could they get ThisTV on TWC if they do not even invest in equipment to air the syndicated programs in HD,
it is pretty obvious they do not have any negotiating power,
Univision has higher ratings than TheCW plus they are a part of a station group they have negotiating power,
plus if they do add any spanish language channels it may be added in the same area as V-Me in the 800 range
post #3911 of 3986
Just remember oh ye who yearn for quality OTA viewing, as I do, we have been through this before, a few times. Yes, they are starting with outstanding movies, two of which so far I haven't seen before, and I am 53. Like Antenna TV, I lost about two months good sleep when it came to our screens. We went from great Columbia catalog movies and even perhaps a bit too much Three Stooges too often, to things like Maude and Different Strokes 20 times a week, endless commercials, and the same few years of episodes of everything over and over. What residuals? So enjoy the golden time while we can.

Jane Russell and Paulette Goddard in the full flower of voluptuous youth.
post #3912 of 3986
I did wonder why they skipped 61.2.
JJK
post #3913 of 3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxg0754 View Post

WBNX has not really invested in their station,
how could they get ThisTV on TWC if they do not even invest in equipment to air the syndicated programs in HD,
it is pretty obvious they do not have any negotiating power,
Univision has higher ratings than TheCW plus they are a part of a station group they have negotiating power,
plus if they do add any spanish language channels it may be added in the same area as V-Me in the 800 range

Well remember that WBNX exists as the outlet to get Ernest Angley's message out to the masses and get money for their ministry. Look at the 747 jumbo jet they keep parked at Akron-Canton Airport. The last couple of weeks, 55.2 has been showing a trip that Angley took to somewhere in Africa. That is the reason why they wont do syndicated HD.
post #3914 of 3986
Just noticed that the bug on 61.3 now says "Cine Sony Television" instead of "GetTV Coming February 2014". Are they already re-branding the network?
post #3915 of 3986
that is the name of sony's spanish language movie network which airs nothing like GetTV,
it probably was just accidental since they probably operate all their networks from one location

https://cinesony.com/

i noticed on filmon that the ThisTV channel stream for Boston Has the exact same bug issue as WBNX,
Sunbeam that owns the NBC station in Boston and also owns a former Tribune Station in the market that has TheCW,
i do believe that Zuus Country most likely pays to be carried and the former Tribune station in Boston has it,
it is true that Antenna TV has no affiliates in Boston,
maybe Tribune had left negative effects on the station when it was sold
it is odd that Cozi TV (owned by NBC) has it's own 720p and SD feed on a separate station in Boston usually they like to affiliate with NBC stations first,
So it could be that the stations that are the unhappy ones
Edited by jxg0754 - 2/1/14 at 6:31pm
post #3916 of 3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmking12370 View Post

Well remember that WBNX exists as the outlet to get Ernest Angley's message out to the masses and get money for their ministry. Look at the 747 jumbo jet they keep parked at Akron-Canton Airport. The last couple of weeks, 55.2 has been showing a trip that Angley took to somewhere in Africa. That is the reason why they wont do syndicated HD.

& your point is that Angley is blowing $$ on trips instead of investing in equipment?

What really surprises me is the amount of time the static screen burns on -2 when they could be filling it & selling some advertising with syndicated family type programming (ie: like Andy Griffith which they occasionally show).

Is the -2 sub syndicated into other markets?
post #3917 of 3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJkizak View Post

I did wonder why they skipped 61.2.
JJK

What really bothers me is why 61.1 now went to 34.3 on my one set? This obviously isn't going to be corrected, I occasionally do a scan on 34 RF & it yields the same results.


Heading West down Schriber Road in Maple Heights, that is the farm I'm seeing? (It's non decernanble in the daylight hours but is very visible at night as I remember when I lived in that area).
post #3918 of 3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwar View Post

Just remember oh ye who yearn for quality OTA viewing, as I do, we have been through this before, a few times. Yes, they are starting with outstanding movies, two of which so far I haven't seen before, and I am 53. Like Antenna TV, I lost about two months good sleep when it came to our screens. We went from great Columbia catalog movies and even perhaps a bit too much Three Stooges too often, to things like Maude and Different Strokes 20 times a week, endless commercials, and the same few years of episodes of everything over and over. What residuals? So enjoy the golden time while we can.

Jane Russell and Paulette Goddard in the full flower of voluptuous youth.

& who knows, perhaps we can get one of the local radio stations to play Lenny Dee once again! wink.gif
post #3919 of 3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxg0754 View Post

I had contacted a new diginet called Gravity Sports Network
http://gravitysportsnetwork.com/
they do not have an affiliate yet but they said they will work on it

Sounds "EXTREME" & Out of SLC, I noted a lot of local sports channels ending up on the Utah TV subs... this one of them going syndicated?

I hate to get any E-Mail lists, this sounds like something with a lot of fishing, hunting, camping, skiing ect.

Utah is a mecca for outdoor activities.
post #3920 of 3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck440 View Post

What really bothers me is why 61.1 now went to 34.3 on my one set? This obviously isn't going to be corrected, I occasionally do a scan on 34 RF & it yields the same results.


Heading West down Schriber Road in Maple Heights, that is the farm I'm seeing? (It's non decernanble in the daylight hours but is very visible at night as I remember when I lived in that area).

Could it be a Signal Strength issue on 61,
at least on my Tivo if i have a low signal on a station the real channel number shows up,
has your antenna moved at all


Here is a description for Gravity Sports Network from Vimeo
Gravity Sports Network can be described as a collection of sports content stories, news, product demonstrations and shopping informational segments told through narration, visuals and music. A more cinematic than what you’ll find on local TV.
Edited by jxg0754 - 2/4/14 at 3:58pm
post #3921 of 3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck440 View Post

What really surprises me is the amount of time the static screen burns on -2 when they could be filling it & selling some advertising with syndicated family type programming (ie: like Andy Griffith which they occasionally show).
55.2's static screen seems to be limited to the late night/early morning hours now as I haven't seen it in a long time during the day. Almost every time I tune into 55.2, The Ninety & Nine Club or Sing, Sing, Sing is on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck440 View Post

What really bothers me is why 61.1 now went to 34.3 on my one set? This obviously isn't going to be corrected, I occasionally do a scan on 34 RF & it yields the same results.
Sounds like your TV is confused due to the lack of 61.2. Does that same TV pick up WVIZ's .9 audio only channel with any problems?

Also, are you using the right scan option? Some TV's have two; one that adds new channels and one that deletes existing channels and does a complete rescan. Running a complete rescan should clear up any channel listing problems with your set. It could also be a weak signal as jxg0754 pointed out, but mapping to the RF channel usually happens if the signal strength is just under the decoding threshold.
post #3922 of 3986
So 61.3 came on over the weekend.
It finally showed up in my TIVO listings last night
post #3923 of 3986
So, would the best bet be that Unimas ends up on 61.2 at some point?
post #3924 of 3986
Just noticed WDLI 17.3 has rebranded from JCTV to JUCE-TV. Same Christian-oriented programming for teens and young adults, just a different name and logo. I read this happened officially Jan.1 on TBN .3 affiliates across the country.
post #3925 of 3986
post #3926 of 3986
Looks like WVPX is having some issues with it's subchannels. The picture shudders and flashes and sometimes the audio drops out. 23.1 seems to be OK, so I don't know if this is a local issue or not.

Also, has anyone noticed a few out-of-sync "squares" on 23.1 near the bottom of the picture? They are only viewable on a TV that shows the entire picture. (No overscan). Again, not sure if that's a local issue or not.
post #3927 of 3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannykewl View Post

Comcast buying TWC:

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/24713298/comcast-to-buy-time-warner-cable
Well, I guess we'll be calling them Crimecast if the sale is approved. biggrin.gif
post #3928 of 3986
Thread Starter 
This is far from being a done deal. There's a lot of opposition to it and it has to yet be approved by government agencies. I personally am anticipating it will not get approval but in these days of big business almost always getting what it wants from politicians, who knows?
Edited by rluyster - 2/15/14 at 3:03pm
post #3929 of 3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog 88 View Post

Looks like WVPX is having some issues with it's subchannels. The picture shudders and flashes and sometimes the audio drops out. 23.1 seems to be OK, so I don't know if this is a local issue or not.

Also, has anyone noticed a few out-of-sync "squares" on 23.1 near the bottom of the picture? They are only viewable on a TV that shows the entire picture. (No overscan). Again, not sure if that's a local issue or not.
Update: WVPX appears to be having problems with it's encoder. My Zenith converter boxes are having problems receiving their subchannels too, but the artifacting is slightly different. The left side of the picture freezes and shudders but doesn't black out like my HDTV. Also noticed that the picture becomes out-of-sync with the audio.
post #3930 of 3986
on my tivo roamio i do not have the greatest signal strength but enough to keep a picture with sometimes a breakup,
but the most problem channel for me is 23-5 QVC the picture jumps to the left and you can see a small part of the left on the right side of the screen when it jumps,
23-3 Ion Life will also without the sound getting messed up the picture will slow down and do a little jump up every certain amount of time so for me it could be signal related,
i will try a few things to see if i can get the signal breakups to end and see if anything gets fixed,
but at least for me 23-5 QVC something is definitely wrong
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Cleveland, OH - HDTV