or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Chad b. Is worth every penny for your kuro!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chad b. Is worth every penny for your kuro!!!

post #1 of 63
Thread Starter 
Allow me to say that in the past few years I have owned a 46xbr5, and a 37xbr6 although these two previous Tvs were very good I have always had my eyes set on a Pioneer Elite Kuro Plasma TV. I must also add that those two previous Sony models they had not been calibrated, but I honestly don't think it would have mattered much.

The main reason I did not purchase the Pioneer Elite Plasma TV before was because at the time they were too expensive and I didn't see the need to spend so much money on a Plasma TV. Well what a difference a year makes!!!

Last few months I was able to get a very good deal on a 60" Pioneer Elite Kuro 151FD; Kuro 6020; Kuro 5020; and a panasonic 42pz85u deals of which I could not pass specially since a few came from an Authorized Pioneer Elite Dealer. Within days of my new Pioneers arriving the first thing I did was call and make an appointment with Chad to come and talk about the calibrations I was planning to make. While talking to Chad he advised me of where it would be best to mount my tv's and home theaters. A few weeks had passed before my initial at home consultation so once everything was mounted I set up the calibration appointment. Before setting it up I had asked was it necessary to allow time for the break in period? He replied it really depends who you ask however personally didn't really think it was necessary. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention he offered to come back in a few months for a touch up.

I did alot of research before calling Chad so I had a good idea what I was getting purchasing his services. Now I was an "eyewitness" to that. Before Chad came to my house to calibrate my Pioneer Plasmas, many of my friends have been at my house and have seen the Pioneer. This is the best Plasma money can buy. No questions about it. Even out of the box this TV looks so good that all my friends could not see me spending money to have this TV calibrated because they thought there was not going to be any difference in the picture. Even my girlfriend said that I was just spending money for no reason because the picture on the Pioneer was not going to look any better than the way it is.

As always it was a great pleasure seeing Chad again. He came in and set up his equipment and before he started we chatted for a few minutes about the TV an a few other things. When he started working on the Tv I just sat on my sofa and watched him do his magic on my Pioneer Plasma. He is very meticulous going about the calibration. Now I couldn't tell you exactly what he was doing nor do I really care however it was amazing watching him do what he does. All the while he was trying to calibrate my tv's and speakers I had other people over taking care of some repairs. He was good about everything, never complained and ANSWERED EVERY QUESTION with a smile, seriously!

After he finished calibrating my TV's he suggested to see a few minutes of a movie, so naturally you throw in Batman "The Dark Knight"'
In all my years of watching movies in many plasma or lcd TVs specially this movie I have never ever seeing a picture as clear,dymanic, natural and so real than in this Pioneer Elite Kuro TV after being calibrated by Chad. He did the ISF Day and Night picture modes and trust me when I tell you that both modes and nothing but "REMARKABLE". I have seen this movie in this Tv before, in fact this movie was the very first movie I watched on this TV and I honestly thought that It was a great picture but after Chad calibrated the TV and we watched this movie again, my jaw dropped to the floor. My eyes could not believe what I was seeing. I knew from the begining that the picture was going to be better but never in my wildest dreams I thought it was going to be this good, Outstanding is the best way I can described it.

Well guys the woman that a few weeks ago told me that I was wasting my money because the TV was not going to look any better now it's a strong believer that I had made one of the best investments of my life by calibrating my Pioneer TV again by non other than Chad Billheimer. If my girlfriend can noticed such a huge difference in the picture quality of the TV before and after that should tell you something. Even my friends who have come over today and after seeing the TV post calibrated have expressed that they are now true believers that Chad can turn any TV picture in the best picture possible of any TV out there.

So if you guys are looking to have your TV calibrated I would highly recommed Chad Billheimer. He is the best there is at his job but really that is just the half of it. He is such a good guy and very approachable you end up talking more than you think. And lets face it, we buy things from people we like and this guy is as nice as they come. I'm by no means a techy or informed that is why it was so refreshing to have Chad over answering all of my questions without talking down, or banging the components I purchased.

Chad, I promised you that I will be writing a review about my calibration experience with the Pioneer Elite Kuro's. I have never been so happy with a TV in all my life. Thanks so much for your outstanding performance calibrating this TV.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention he also came back to my home to make sure things were the way he left it when I had a few questions. What more can I say about Chad he's attentive, a professional, and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. He is a credit to his profession and delivers the expertise and customer service you can only wish for these days.

Chad thanks again and the very best of luck for you and your wife. Hope to see you again sometime soon.

Best Regards,

George Ten
New Carlisle, Ohio
post #2 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by gten79 View Post

Within days of my new Pioneers arriving...

Man, I'm jealous.

All I can say is enjoy! A well-done calibration using the ISF modes on a Kuro will allow you to reach the absolute pinnacle of PQ available, period. Sounds like Chad did a great job. It must look incredible.
post #3 of 63
I've always read great things about Chad. Wish he could clone himself so that more people in different parts of the country could get him to calibrate their sets.
post #4 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by gten79 View Post

Allow me to say that in the past few years I have owned a 46xbr5, and a 37xbr6 although these two previous Tvs were very good I have always had my eyes set on a Pioneer Elite Kuro Plasma TV. I must also add that those two previous Sony models they had not been calibrated, but I honestly don't think it would have mattered much.

The main reason I did not purchase the Pioneer Elite Plasma TV before was because at the time they were too expensive and I didn't see the need to spend so much money on a Plasma TV. Well what a difference a year makes!!!

Last few months I was able to get a very good deal on a 60" Pioneer Elite Kuro 151FD; Kuro 6020; Kuro 5020; and a panasonic 42pz85u deals of which I could not pass specially since a few came from an Authorized Pioneer Elite Dealer. Within days of my new Pioneers arriving the first thing I did was call and make an appointment with Chad to come and talk about the calibrations I was planning to make. While talking to Chad he advised me of where it would be best to mount my tv's and home theaters. A few weeks had passed before my initial at home consultation so once everything was mounted I set up the calibration appointment. Before setting it up I had asked was it necessary to allow time for the break in period? He replied it really depends who you ask however personally didn't really think it was necessary. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention he offered to come back in a few months for a touch up.

I did alot of research before calling Chad so I had a good idea what I was getting purchasing his services. Now I was an "eyewitness" to that. Before Chad came to my house to calibrate my Pioneer Plasmas, many of my friends have been at my house and have seen the Pioneer. This is the best Plasma money can buy. No questions about it. Even out of the box this TV looks so good that all my friends could not see me spending money to have this TV calibrated because they thought there was not going to be any difference in the picture. Even my girlfriend said that I was just spending money for no reason because the picture on the Pioneer was not going to look any better than the way it is.

As always it was a great pleasure seeing Chad again. He came in and set up his equipment and before he started we chatted for a few minutes about the TV an a few other things. When he started working on the Tv I just sat on my sofa and watched him do his magic on my Pioneer Plasma. He is very meticulous going about the calibration. Now I couldn't tell you exactly what he was doing nor do I really care however it was amazing watching him do what he does. All the while he was trying to calibrate my tv's and speakers I had other people over taking care of some repairs. He was good about everything, never complained and ANSWERED EVERY QUESTION with a smile, seriously!

After he finished calibrating my TV's he suggested to see a few minutes of a movie, so naturally you throw in Batman "The Dark Knight"'
In all my years of watching movies in many plasma or lcd TVs specially this movie I have never ever seeing a picture as clear,dymanic, natural and so real than in this Pioneer Elite Kuro TV after being calibrated by Chad. He did the ISF Day and Night picture modes and trust me when I tell you that both modes and nothing but "REMARKABLE". I have seen this movie in this Tv before, in fact this movie was the very first movie I watched on this TV and I honestly thought that It was a great picture but after Chad calibrated the TV and we watched this movie again, my jaw dropped to the floor. My eyes could not believe what I was seeing. I knew from the begining that the picture was going to be better but never in my wildest dreams I thought it was going to be this good, Outstanding is the best way I can described it.

Well guys the woman that a few weeks ago told me that I was wasting my money because the TV was not going to look any better now it's a strong believer that I had made one of the best investments of my life by calibrating my Pioneer TV again by non other than Chad Billheimer. If my girlfriend can noticed such a huge difference in the picture quality of the TV before and after that should tell you something. Even my friends who have come over today and after seeing the TV post calibrated have expressed that they are now true believers that Chad can turn any TV picture in the best picture possible of any TV out there.

So if you guys are looking to have your TV calibrated I would highly recommed Chad Billheimer. He is the best there is at his job but really that is just the half of it. He is such a good guy and very approachable you end up talking more than you think. And lets face it, we buy things from people we like and this guy is as nice as they come. I'm by no means a techy or informed that is why it was so refreshing to have Chad over answering all of my questions without talking down, or banging the components I purchased.

Chad, I promised you that I will be writing a review about my calibration experience with the Pioneer Elite Kuro's. I have never been so happy with a TV in all my life. Thanks so much for your outstanding performance calibrating this TV.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention he also came back to my home to make sure things were the way he left it when I had a few questions. What more can I say about Chad he's attentive, a professional, and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. He is a credit to his profession and delivers the expertise and customer service you can only wish for these days.

Chad thanks again and the very best of luck for you and your wife. Hope to see you again sometime soon.

Best Regards,

George Ten
New Carlisle, Ohio

Going from thinking a Pioneer Elite was too expensive to buying one and adding 3 other plasmas is quite a leap. Glad to see you are enjoying life....tomorrow is promised to nobody.
post #5 of 63
Chad calibrated my Sony A3000 and did an outstanding job.
post #6 of 63
Chad calibrated my 20" Toshiba Flat CRT...and whoa!
post #7 of 63
i wouldnt think there was a giant leap in pq from pure mode to isf calibrated modes. i sense a little overexhaggeration in this posting.
post #8 of 63
gten79, many congrats on your new Pioneer 151 & calibration! Great choices all around. Enjoy!
post #9 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

i wouldnt think there was a giant leap in pq from pure mode to isf calibrated modes. i sense a little overexhaggeration in this posting.

People do have to make a living you know.
post #10 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by optivity View Post

People do have to make a living you know.

well thats not what im getting at. the best description ive hear of isf calibrated kuros is " pure mode on steroids ". i think thats the added brightness without clipping people are talking about. if your like me and have light controlled in your viewing area, its not necessary to get a calibration. alteast its not suggested is what im saying.
post #11 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

i think thats the added brightness without clipping people are talking about.

And your thoughts would be wrong If you calibrated an ISF mode to equal the brightness of Pure mode, there would STILL be a difference between the two modes.

None of my clients use Pure mode post calibration when their ISF modes are activated and properly setup.
post #12 of 63
i would call chad too but don't have the 375 to spare right now.
post #13 of 63
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightforce18 View Post

i would call chad too but don't have the 375 to spare right now.

I know 375 is alot these days trust me just a year ago I never would have thought about doing any of this. However if things change or when it is available I would highly recommend that you give him a ring!

He'll bring out the best in your TV. Just last night I was watching Twilight (sorry it was my girlfriends pick, not to gay up the thread or anything) and I was amazed at how sharp and crisp the pq was. Everything just pops, it something that just has to be seen in person.

A few other things I failed to mention in my review was that he also calibrated each speaker in my Home Theater Speakers 7.2 setup. This took him some time but the man is so persistent he won't move on until its spot on. Not only did he calibrate each speaker in my Theater Room he did a basic speaker setup in my family room a (5.1 Nano Sat) and my living room as well (7.1 Klipsch Quintet SL). All of which sound awesome!

For him to calibrate 2 Kuro's and 3 surround sound setups took him from 9am when he arrived to about 10PM. I only say this b/c I know he ran into a few roadblocks along the way which I would expect but what I didn't expect was for him to work at it until he got it right. This really impressed me, it would have been so easy for him to say this isn't going to work or sorry I can't do it and move on since he had so much to do, but he didn't.

And D-Nice is right I only use night and day modes on my Elite. Quite frankly pure mode isn't even an afterthought anymore after my calibration. I would love to have the 5020 in my bedroom calibrated as well but hey even the Yankees have a budget.

Chad is going to bring out the best in your TV thats for sure, but what you don't bargain for is the level of customer service he brings to the table. He answered all of my annoying newbe questions as if he had been asked for the first time. I truly could have talked AV with him for hours and I'm sure he wouldn't have minded one bit. I suppose you can call it the value added service that will keep me coming back whenever I upgrade or replace a tv or surround sound in my home in the future. Simply stated you will not regret it!
post #14 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

if your like me and have light controlled in your viewing area, its not necessary to get a calibration. alteast its not suggested is what im saying.

Generally, I work during the day and watch TV at night. The images rendered by my uncalibrated PRO-150FD w/Pure mode look pretty good to me and I don't understand why anyone would assert no one uses Pure mode w/post-calibration.
post #15 of 63
does he charge 375 to calibrate home theaters too?
post #16 of 63
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightforce18 View Post

does he charge 375 to calibrate home theaters too?

No his prices on calibrating speakers and home theater surround sounds vary. However, I found all of his prices very reasonable to say the least. But in all fairness he would have to answer you himself.
post #17 of 63
I had to chuckle when I read gten's original post. I purchased a 111 and decided to have Jeff(umr) calibrate the panel. I had been watching it in both Pure and Optimum. Both my wife and son felt that Pure was too dark. After Jeff finished with calibrating the isf day mode my wife was astounded by the difference in the picture. Like many of us here, our wifes and girlfriends probably think we are crazy with the time put into research and the money put into purchasing these products. After the calibration, my wife will talk about "the well spent money" on this panel and calibration. Yes, hell did freeze over.

I really do believe there is a huge difference in having these panels calibrated by someone who knows what they are doing. I must admit, that like both optivity and whtyfrd, I didn't believe that there would be that much of a difference. There is.
post #18 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

None of my clients use Pure mode post calibration when their ISF modes are activated and properly setup.


Of'course not if you're not calibrating pure mode. This has been all rehashed before, Eliab, pro calibrator, has already confirmed NO difference between a properly calibrated pure mode and isf mode.
post #19 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zues View Post

Of'course not if you're not calibrating pure mode.

Excuse me, but I always include the calibraton of Pure mode in Elite calibrations.

Exactly why have you joined this thread anyway as calibration is above and beyond what you believe and understand????
post #20 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zues View Post

Of'course not if you're not calibrating pure mode. This has been all rehashed before, Eliab, pro calibrator, has already confirmed NO difference between a properly calibrated pure mode and isf mode.

I can say fairly confidently that he never said that.
post #21 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Excuse me, but I always include the calibraton of Pure mode in Elite calibrations.

Exactly why have you joined this thread anyway as calibration is above and beyond what you believe and understand????

nobodys disregarding your many years of experience. we just have to take into account that you are speaking from a calibrators end. and you do have to but bread on the table. had pioneer never eclipsed what theyve done in the now i wouldnt even agree with my above posts. but thats not the case. btw, im not the guy your responding to in the quote so dont go off on me please. lol
post #22 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird8450 View Post

I can say fairly confidently that he never said that.


I don't feel like digging up his post where he said that but he did. I think that's why dnice 'exited' the elite thread.
post #23 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zues View Post

I don't feel like digging up his post where he said that but he did. I think that's why dnice 'exited' the elite thread.

Given that I know him personally and that he's made statements to me that run contradictory to yours, either you're wrong or he's since changed his mind.
post #24 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Excuse me, but I always include the calibraton of Pure mode in Elite calibrations.

Exactly why have you joined this thread anyway as calibration is above and beyond what you believe and understand????


I consider myself a calibrator too. Just i don't adhere to the everything is correct by data, such as color +3 to be correct lmao. Color fidelity and oversaturation does not mix.
post #25 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird8450 View Post

Given that I know him personally and that he's made statements to me that run contradictory to yours, either you're wrong or he's since changed his mind.


He could of been wrong, i don't know if he changed his mind. Although all the modes on pioneer is different, i don't disagree there might be small differences between isf mode and pure mode. Just like pure and movie.
post #26 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by whityfrd View Post

nobodys disregarding your many years of experience. we just have to take into account that you are speaking from a calibrators end. and you do have to but bread on the table. had pioneer never eclipsed what theyve done in the now i wouldnt even agree with my above posts. but thats not the case. btw, im not the guy your responding to in the quote so dont go off on me please. lol

Its quite clear from this post that you do not know me. I don't say things on this forum to influence my business. Never have and NEVER will.

Also, calibration isn't my primary job. Even if it ever were to become that, I would never attempt the things you insinuate.
post #27 of 63
anyone wanna calibrate my tv for 99.99?
post #28 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightforce18 View Post

anyone wanna calibrate my tv for 99.99?

Any takers for 99.99 and we sit down and split a case of Miller High Life?

AND I'll even make you a plate of Shrimp Scampi.
post #29 of 63
Hey gten79 how about going over to the kuro picture thread and posting some pics? I've always dreamed of seeing some pics of a calibrated kuro!
post #30 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Its quite clear from this post that you do not know me. I don't say things on this forum to influence my business. Never have and NEVER will.

Also, calibration isn't my primary job. Even if it ever were to become that, I would never attempt the things you insinuate.

true, but you have witheld requested information in the krp thread that does influence your business. and you stated you wouldnt give that info because its your trade secret. thats a little contradiction on your part. btw, i wasnt insinuating anything besides the point that you have to realize you speak from a calibrators point of view on the subject. thats like asking a car dealer to pick a car for you. not so much to that degree but it has to be taken into consideration when reading your posts on the subject matter.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Chad b. Is worth every penny for your kuro!!!