or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › 2009 Mitsubishi Owners Thread (C9/737/837)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2009 Mitsubishi Owners Thread (C9/737/837) - Page 367

post #10981 of 11220
Yeah, I don't get it. It only takes 5 minutes to swap the lamp and check.
post #10982 of 11220
Because that's a lot of TV to pull away from the wall by myself.

If the PSU doesn't fix it, then while I have the TV out, I'll switch the lamp.

Code 0032 (Lamp door open) has ceased after unplugged and replugged the lamp switch from the mainboard (I can imagine that this is due to corrosion/oxidization). So, if any of you are having that problem and feel eager to take your TV apart, you could start there. It's the same color wires at the switch as it is on the mainboard.
post #10983 of 11220
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post

Because that's a lot of TV to pull away from the wall by myself.

If the PSU doesn't fix it, then while I have the TV out, I'll switch the lamp.

Code 0032 (Lamp door open) has ceased after unplugged and replugged the lamp switch from the mainboard (I can imagine that this is due to corrosion/oxidization). So, if any of you are having that problem and feel eager to take your TV apart, you could start there. It's the same color wires at the switch as it is on the mainboard.

Off spec lamp could harm PS
post #10984 of 11220
Ok, I'll replace both at the same time
post #10985 of 11220
Decided to not change the bulb out and went right for the PSU.

Powered it on, it goes into 3D mode PERFECTLY..

While I was waiting for UPS to come, I tore the TV apart in preparation. Looked at the Caps on the PSU, There is a slightly noticeable rupture, not by much though.

FYI, the bulb is still under warranty, I will get another just because I replaced the PSU.
post #10986 of 11220
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post

Decided to not change the bulb out and went right for the PSU.

Powered it on, it goes into 3D mode PERFECTLY..

While I was waiting for UPS to come, I tore the TV apart in preparation. Looked at the Caps on the PSU, There is a slightly noticeable rupture, not by much though.

FYI, the bulb is still under warranty, I will get another just because I replaced the PSU.

Congrats... good job.
Love a happy ending.
post #10987 of 11220
How dangerous are these TVs these days? I know for certain that you wouldn't want to be playing in a crt. Under the "right conditions" how hard would it be to get zapped by one of these DLP TVs? Would it kill you?

Those were two pretty big capacitors. That's why I ask.
post #10988 of 11220
Anyone interested in buying my 3DA-1?
post #10989 of 11220
WOW, I just got a new 65837. I finally changed from the original lamp to the new spare I had and the picture is amazing again. Had 11247 hours on original lamp. When I took the old one out it pretty much looked just like the new one, did not notice any darkening of the lamp or glass housing.

Mike T
post #10990 of 11220
I have a 60737 which has been working fine a recent problem is that I have both a Roku and Chromcast hooked up to it the Cast runs through a receivers by pass. When I use the Cast and it's loading an app the Mits will switch its self over to the Roku when I switched the Roku to the receiver and have the Cast hooked up direct this doesn't happen. Once an app is running on the Cast it works and the Mits doesn't do the switch. Any thoughts on what is going on?
post #10991 of 11220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave84 View Post

I have a 60737 which has been working fine a recent problem is that I have both a Roku and Chromcast hooked up to it the Cast runs through a receivers by pass. When I use the Cast and it's loading an app the Mits will switch its self over to the Roku when I switched the Roku to the receiver and have the Cast hooked up direct this doesn't happen. Once an app is running on the Cast it works and the Mits doesn't do the switch. Any thoughts on what is going on?

Turn off CEC if you have it on. Try switching HDMI cables.
post #10992 of 11220
Quote:
Originally Posted by colour View Post

Turn off CEC if you have it on. Try switching HDMI cables.

Thanks, i'll give those a try
post #10993 of 11220
does the 837 output surround sound to run to a receiver?
post #10994 of 11220
Can someone with a 73C9 tell me if they TV has an optical out?

My C9 is in storage in another State and I can't remember if it has one...
post #10995 of 11220
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280 View Post

Can someone with a 73C9 tell me if they TV has an optical out?
My C9 is in storage in another State and I can't remember if it has one...

if it helps... My 60 C9 does not.
post #10996 of 11220
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedklz View Post

does the 837 output surround sound to run to a receiver?
It a coaxial (RCA type plug) digital audio output which carries the same type of signal as an optical. If your AVR requires optical, then you need a coaxial-to-optical coverter. They are available, just do a google search. The formal name for optical connector is Toslink,which may be better for the search.
post #10997 of 11220
my receiver has both. but I have been unable to get suround sound through it only 2 channel.
post #10998 of 11220
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post

if it helps... My 60 C9 does not.

Thanks...I will assume my 73 is the same then...sooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEP View Post

It a coaxial (RCA type plug) digital audio output which carries the same type of signal as an optical. If your AVR requires optical, then you need a coaxial-to-optical coverter. They are available, just do a google search. The formal name for optical connector is Toslink,which may be better for the search.

This was helpful...I'm looking at a soundbar/sub system to replace my old 5.1 and it looks like most use an optical.

If I get a toslink I should be able to get a soundbar system with optical in only and still be able to hook it up to my C9 with the converter?
post #10999 of 11220
I have a WD65C9 with over 16,200 total hours on it. On my 3rd Mitsu bulb. First bulb lasted about 7,400 hours, 2nd bulb lasted about 8,000 hours. Now the dreaded white dots are showing up (first 3, then 2 more) so I ordered a new DLP chip from ShopJimmy and will replace it as soon as it arrives. Is there anything else I should do to the TV? The picture is still great except for the white dots. The firmware version is V41C 011.01 should I upgrade it to the latest version? If I do, do I have to re-do all the settings?
Edited by dbshelton - 9/22/13 at 5:13pm
post #11000 of 11220
Yes do the firmware update and your settings shouldn't be effected. You may wanna do some interior cleaning but you'll have to search on the proper way to do that.
post #11001 of 11220
Thanks. I will look in to the cleaning process. I checked for error codes and once at 5,244 hrs I had code 034. Is that what the update fixes? I guess I may replace the DLP chip, clean, and get things working again. Then I will update the firmware.
post #11002 of 11220
I think 34 is a lamp code and I believe the latest firmware addresses a firmware issue where it can get stuck on the startup screen.
post #11003 of 11220
Thanks for the info. I did find a factory service manual to download that may help me.
post #11004 of 11220
I just found a working link (as of September 23, 2013) for the service manual for these 2009 models. You may have noticed the download referenced in the FAQ is broken, so I thought I would share.

http://www.projectorlampsworld.com/projector-manual/mitsubishi%20wd-82737.pdf

The front page lists this manual is for the following models:

V41C Chassis
WD-60C9
WD-65C9
WD-73C9

V41 Chassis
WD-60737
WD-65737
WD-73737
WD-82737

V41+ Chassis
WD-65837
WD-73837
WD-82837
post #11005 of 11220
Yep, that's the same one I found. Works fine!
post #11006 of 11220
I found the instructions for geometry corrections to be much clearer in the manual than in the posts I could find by searching this thread.

I came here a few days ago because I began to notice some bowing while viewing the guide on my 60737. I've since performed all of the instructions on pages 31 - 35 and the bowing is all but gone.
post #11007 of 11220
HDMI port going bad on my 60737 any ideas what is going out?
post #11008 of 11220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave84 View Post

HDMI port going bad on my 60737 any ideas what is going out?

Main board.
post #11009 of 11220
Quote:
Originally Posted by colour View Post

Main board.

Thanks, any suggestions as where to get a replacement?
post #11010 of 11220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave84 View Post

Thanks, any suggestions as where to get a replacement?

shopjimmy.com
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rear Projection Units
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › 2009 Mitsubishi Owners Thread (C9/737/837)