or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › 2009 Mitsubishi Owners Thread (C9/737/837)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2009 Mitsubishi Owners Thread (C9/737/837) - Page 9

post #241 of 11225
Got my 73737 delivered today. Got it set up and running now all I gota do is tinker with the picture settings a bit and ill take some pics. I tried brilliant wayyyy to much color and pop. Natural looks nice and well natural but it lacks that pop out at ya brights and colors. Trying to figure out something in between. I tried brilliant with reduced brightness and contrast and color while watching jumper on hbo hd and it looked great then i changed the channel to 5 hd general hospital and evryone was orange! I hope i can get a setting that will look good on all channels hate to have to switch picture modes everytime i tune in a new channel. By the way on the global settings the 120 hts was off i put it on does anyone know if it helps or is a hidderance to the picture i did notice some pixelation drifts in both settings. Thanks for help Ill try and post tonight.
post #242 of 11225
For folks that have any of the new TVs, I would HIGHLY recommend a calibration. These TVs have a tremendous picture once calibrated and can come very close to the HD standard. You have to get into the SM to do fine adjustments on the gray scale, primaries and secondaries to get it right. But once you do, it's an amazing picture. I'm a Mitsi DLP owner myself and the difference is night and day.

For those of you in the Columbus, OH or surrounding areas, please check out my rate. You might be surprised. :-)
post #243 of 11225
Hey guys, I need the width and depth measurements of the stand/platform for the 65-inch model. (Not the TV itself, just the little built-in stand.)

Does anybody know if that info is available anywhere? I did not see it on the Mitsubishi website.
post #244 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy nightmares View Post

Hey guys, I need the width and depth measurements of the stand/platform for the 65-inch model. (Not the TV itself, just the little built-in stand.)

Does anybody know if that info is available anywhere? I did not see it on the Mitsubishi website.

Here ya go: http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/pdf/WD65737_dimsheet.pdf
post #245 of 11225
Excellent, thank you cobraxt.
post #246 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraxt View Post


Nice set up. I assume that beast is the 73-inch?

I love how the frame is so thin on these TVs, and all you see is big screen picture... it really creates a unique viewing experience... as if you're watching something besides a standard television.

What's the small thin rectangle on the top-center of cabinet?
post #247 of 11225
wii
post #248 of 11225
How many of you guys have the HD-DVD player?? I know it is off-topic......but I am curious if there were many who bought those over the Blu-Ray players.

Reminded me of the BETA vs VHS back in the day!!
post #249 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholc2 View Post

For folks that have any of the new TVs, I would HIGHLY recommend a calibration. These TVs have a tremendous picture once calibrated and can come very close to the HD standard. You have to get into the SM to do fine adjustments on the gray scale, primaries and secondaries to get it right. But once you do, it's an amazing picture. I'm a Mitsi DLP owner myself and the difference is night and day.

For those of you in the Columbus, OH or surrounding areas, please check out my rate. You might be surprised. :-)

Are you able to correct geometry issues?
post #250 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by georule View Post

Yeah, looking at your screenie again, it appears the adjustment point just before the adjustment point the tool first comes up on is the one that needs moving left. That yellow dot in the middle of your "bow" is it. So after you get in there, hit the Rewind once to get to that one, or the Fast forward however many times to go all the way around to get to it.

On my set (and I don't say this is "correct" --it is what it is), on the left side that red line in your screenie is not visible at all and the white line isn't visible either. Just a bit of black space and then the green line. On the top the white line also isn't visible. On the right side it isn't visible. On the bottom it *is* visible, just barely.

So, here it is after messing with the geometry menu. Much Better!!!
LL
post #251 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by bslep View Post

Are you able to correct geometry issues?

See georule's post at #235 http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post16590589 regarding geometry. I successfully fixed mine.
post #252 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkwells View Post

So, here it is after messing with the geometry menu. Much Better!!!

Schweet! I imagine the HDNET screen looks a whole lot better now too?
post #253 of 11225
I've seen the first The Matrix movie on older HDTV sets maybe. . . I dunno. . . 4 times before tonight. I watched it tonight on Blu-ray on the new Mits WD-60737. OMG it's glorious.
post #254 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by georule View Post

Schweet! I imagine the HDNET screen looks a whole lot better now too?

Oh yeah
LL
post #255 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkwells View Post

Oh yeah

There we go! I wonder what Mits will say when they finally call you back? Maybe they'll offer a service call by a tech. I don't think I'd turn it down if I was you. Maybe you can sweet talk some further calibration out of the tech.
post #256 of 11225
Hi, new to the forum,

You guys have convinced me to get one of the Mitsi. Only problem I have is I'm in Venezuela, so I need to ship it to a fowarder in Miami and have him send it over.

The thing is that by air you pay by weight or size whichever is more.....

Can some one give me the external measurements of the box for a 73 and a 65.

Probably end up paying the same for the shipping as for the TV if I send by air, or I wait 30 some days for it to get here by boat.

Thanks
post #257 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by bslep View Post

Are you able to correct geometry issues?

Yes. What geo issue are you seeing?
post #258 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholc2 View Post

Yes. What geo issue are you seeing?

My mother was cold, and nothing I did was ever good enough for my father.

Oh, wait. That wasn't what you meant, was it?
post #259 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholc2 View Post

Yes. What geo issue are you seeing?

I don't have my set yet, but all the talk of geometry issues concerned me. Just wanted to make sure. Looks like bkwells did a nice job

I have the 82837 on order and will contact you after I get it. How many break in hours do you recommend before calibrating a new set?
post #260 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by georule View Post

My mother was cold, and nothing I did was ever good enough for my father.

roflol...
post #261 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by cole_ve View Post

Can some one give me the external measurements of the box for a 73 and a 65.

Go here: http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/theater.html

Click on the TV you are interested in. Then choose the "Product Specs" tab, then click on the "Detailed Specs -->" link at the bottom. You'll find spec sheets there in Acrobat format for each current TV. Some (but not all, for some reason) also have dimension sheets for all the bits and pieces (like "how big is the base").
post #262 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by cole_ve View Post

Hi, new to the forum,


Can some one give me the external measurements of the box for a 73 and a 65.


Thanks

I still have the box in the garage... The WD-73737 box measures:

23" X 70" X 47.5"

Weight is not marked on the box, but I would guess it comes in around 110 lb.
post #263 of 11225
For those who fixed their geometry, did it mess up your 1:1 pixel mapping? My understanding of last year's models is that you could have one or the other--but, not both.
post #264 of 11225
I am intrigued by the discussion of the Mitsubishi WD73737! Unfortunately I live in an area that does not have a place to compare or see the DLP's.

I currently own a Sony 52" W4100 LCD and use it in a 24 x 24 foot room. Seating is about 13' from the TV. The room has large windows on one side but does have dark-out blinds if needed. Our goal is to up-size the picture to improve our viewing experience. We really do not want to go the Front Projector route due to running wires etc. We watch a combination of BD PS3/SD digital cable/OTA HD.

How does the picture quality on the 73" DLP compare with a good LCD?

What are the Upsides of moving to a DLP from an LCD?

What are the Downsides?

Any ideas, thoughts or advice are welcome! I think I am suffering from a terminal case of upgradeitis
post #265 of 11225
How many of you guys feed a PC signal into your MIT? I often watch on-line video through my projector and wonder how it works with the 65? I also watch Blu-ray from my PC as well...

Any good? Thanks.
post #266 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by georule View Post

There we go! I wonder what Mits will say when they finally call you back? Maybe they'll offer a service call by a tech. I don't think I'd turn it down if I was you. Maybe you can sweet talk some further calibration out of the tech.

Too late - they called back right after I finished and told them I didn't need a service call. Oh well. Would have been my luck anyway for them to come out and see there is no problem and then charge me for the visit since it was fixed.
post #267 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by joikd View Post

For those who fixed their geometry, did it mess up your 1:1 pixel mapping? My understanding of last year's models is that you could have one or the other--but, not both.

I'm not sure about that one. Don't know where that is in the service menu and if it was even on to being with.
post #268 of 11225
How many of you guys feed a PC signal into your MIT? I often watch on-line video through my projector and wonder how it works with the 65? I also watch Blu-ray from my PC as well...

Any good? Thanks.

oops... duplicate
post #269 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by georule View Post

My mother was cold, and nothing I did was ever good enough for my father.

Oh, wait. That wasn't what you meant, was it?

LOL That's a good one!
post #270 of 11225
Quote:
Originally Posted by bslep View Post

I don't have my set yet, but all the talk of geometry issues concerned me. Just wanted to make sure. Looks like bkwells did a nice job

I have the 82837 on order and will contact you after I get it. How many break in hours do you recommend before calibrating a new set?

I'd recommend around 300hrs or so. That should give the bulb time to settle in. That's what I've experienced with my DLP with new bulbs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rear Projection Units
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › 2009 Mitsubishi Owners Thread (C9/737/837)