Originally Posted by hmcbean
Levinson repair would be very expensive and it would not be worth to have them fixed.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I read where Harmon has a bench fee of $500-$600? This guy charges $500. However, computerwala probably does a lot more then Harmon would?
The Audiophile upgrade includes:
1. Complete Capacitor replacement in Power, Pre-Amplifier and Signal Path sections with tested high-quality Audio Grade replacements up to 15,000uF 100V (Aerovox, Cornell Dubilier, Sprague, Nichicon, ELNA, Rubycon Capacitors)
2. Speaker RELAY replacement with better quality SILVER-PLATED contact relays of higher current rating
3. Bridge Diode replacement with low distortion Silicon Bridge Diodes in Power and main Amplifier sections if current diodes performs below par (are noisy) under oscilloscope
4. Op-Amp replacement with faster Audio-Certified Op-Amps that have a significantly lower distortion
5. Strategic Zener Diode replacement with higher quality and wattage equivalents
6. Replacement of input signal resistors and Power Resistors with with High Quality and High Precision Vishay / Dale Metal film resistors if current sets do not match
7. Bias Adjustments needed to ensure that your Amplifier runs at it's optimal best
8. Sound quality testing using an Oscilloscope and Signal generator
9. Fuse bypass (optional) to enhance Bass and sound clarity. We recommend using a good quality Surge protector if needed
10. Solid Core Silver Plated cable replacement / complement for Audio outputs
11. General cleaning of the amplifier inside with soft brushing as needed, including RCA and Speaker Sockets cleaning with Professional Cleaning solutions
We will use German Silver Solder used for all Solder work done.
Another manufacturer amp repair question came up last week and I recall months ago there was a thread on AVS where some people shared places where you could send amps out for repair. Darned if I could find it as there were quite a few repair shops in that list.
This computerwala has 212 postives feedbacks with zero neutrals or negatives. It's probably worth a shot unless someone else has a different perspective.