I bought this receiver to get HTPC with my computer,,
I have DVI to HDMI for my video,, and Optical for my sound,,
the sound works if i dont assign hdmi in the same way ,,(tv/sat)
if i assign opt-1 with Hdmi-1,, the sound works for less than 10 secondes,,
after the video movies is there but the sound come and go,,
I try everything like that:
Originally Posted by tex94
This is the right advice. You need to assign BOTH the HDMI connection from your PC and either an digital audio (Coax or toslink) or analog audio (RCA) to another video input (DVD, DVR, TV...). Here are the basic steps:
1) turn off Kuro link
2) write down where you connected the PC to (i.e., DVI into HDMI 1, RCA into TV/SAT)
3) Access the Pio menu and go to Input Setup
4) Access the input you want to use (such as TV/SAT)
5) Scroll down to HDMI and select the HDMI input you used. In my example, I wrote down HDMI1 (NOTE: this cannot be BD as that is fixed).
6) Assign either the digital input or the RCA input here as well.
7) While you are there you can rename the TV/SAT input to HTPC or whatever works for you
8) Save and exit the set up.
Now, turn on the PC, TV and Pioneer and set the Pio to the input you assigned. You will probably see video but still have no sound. You then press 'Signal Select' on the remote until you get sound. You should only have to do this the first time and it will auto default in the future.
Need help please,,