Originally Posted by PioneerOne
Hkan's firmware update worked great for me. You didn't provide much detail for the process you used. Did you unzip the file from Hkan and read the instructions? To prepare the thumb drive, you need to format it as FAT32 and have no other files on it except the firmware image (i.e., the "AVR_09_1056.mem" file which is 24,706 KB in size). Then perform the following steps:
1. Power down your AVR and insert the thumb stick.
2. Push and hold the TUNE+ button and power up the AVR.
3. Once the AVR powers up, release the TUNE+ button.
4. You should see your current version displayed on the AVR display.
Note: The next step must occur within 10 seconds, or the update mode will time out and you will need to start over.
5. First, push the TUNE+ button again.
6. You should see the word UPDATE on your AVR display.
7. Press ENTER and the display will say UPDATE ? .
8. Press the PRESET+ button to change the display to read UPDATE ? , then press ENTER.
At this point, the AVR display should say PLEASE WAIT while it detects the firmware image.
Next, the AVR display will change to read UPDATE and a bar graph will begin to appear after a couple of minutes to show the update progress. After a few minutes, the AVR display will say COMPLETE, and after 5 seconds, the AVR will power down.
9. With the AVR powered down, remove the thumb stick.
10. Power the AVR up and verify the updated firmware version using the instructions in Hkan's earlier post.
If you have done all of the above, then you didn't miss anything. Otherwise, try this method and let us know if it works for you...