or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The "Official" Pioneer VSX-1019AH Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The "Official" Pioneer VSX-1019AH Owner's Thread - Page 169

post #5041 of 5121
Guys something happend on my receiver and I can longer get HD sound for my blurays out of it.

Anyone knows what is the confirguration procedure?
post #5042 of 5121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladic View Post

Guys something happend on my receiver and I can longer get HD sound for my blurays out of it.

Anyone knows what is the confirguration procedure?

Not knowing what is actually happening or what your source is and how it is connected, I will offer up a few items.

1.Make sure that you are receiving the signal as digital (assuming its via HDMI from your Blu-ray player) and not analog.
2.Do you have the auto surround/ALC/Stream Direct button selected on the front of the receiver and not the others? (you should then get a blue light)
3.Is this happening on ALL Blu-rays from the player? If so, check if the Blu-ray player audio is set to Bitstream or refer to that players manual to get the digital stream from the player to your receiver, again assuming its via HDMI.
4. Or check that you are not selecting Stereo or 2 Channel output on your Blu-ray player rather than the HD formats.

Here are some other items from the manual.

Playing a source with HDMI connection
• Use INPUT SELECT to select the HDMI input you’ve connected to (for example, HDMI 1). You can also perform the same operation by using the INPUT SELECTOR dial on the front panel or by pressing HDMI on the remote control repeatedly.

No sound from the surround or center speakers.
• Check that the Stereo listening mode or the Front Stage Surround Advance mode isn’t selected; select one of the surround listening modes (see Listening in surround sound on page 53). • Check that the surround/center speakers are not set to NO (see Speaker Setting on page 95). • Check the channel level settings (see Channel Level on page 96). • Check the speaker connections (see Connecting the speakers on page 18).

Sound is produced from analog components, but not from digital ones (DVD, LD, CD-ROM, etc.).
• Check that the input signal type is set to DIGITAL (see Choosing the input signal on page 58). • Make sure that the digital input is assigned correctly for the input jack the component is connected to (see The Input Setup menu on page 39). • Check the digital output settings on the source component. • If the source component has a digital volume control, make sure this is not turned down. • Make sure that the multichannel analog inputs are not selected. Select any other input function.
post #5043 of 5121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooley1 View Post

This is my first post though I've read through the entire thread and have leaned so much. I've had the Pioneer vsx-1019ah-k for about two years and this thread has helped me set the thing up as well as trouble shoot.

Now I'm hoping for some advice. I'm currently running only three speaks, two mains and a center, with a subwoofer. My main speakers are B&W DM601 S2s. They're great bookshelf speakers but I'd like to upgrade my mains and move the 601s to the back and use them as surround sound speakers.

So, I'm wondering what folks would suggest would be good speakers to upgrade to? I'd like to buy floor standing speakers, and obviously something better than the B&Ws I have now. I've been doing some research and so far most the floor standing speakers I've looked at need more power than the Pioneer 1019 can generate. I guess I didn't realize when I bought the Pioneer receiver that you can't add an amp to it.

So, what would you all recommend for a nice set of main speakers that will match well with the Pioneer 1019?

Thanks so much in advance.

Hi I am also looking at fronts for the 1019. Hoping to audition some Polk Audios on the weekend. Either the A-5 or A-7.I have also purchased a rotel R10 amp for stereo music playback as I dont think the 1019 is up to it. So the Polks could end up with the rotel as currently i am using wharfedale 4000 for rotel.
post #5044 of 5121
Thanks Rinke. Please let me know what you think of the Polks. I'm seriously considering replacing the 1019 with pre-amp and amp or a better a/v receiver. I hate to do that because I like the 1019 -- and have finally figured out how to configure it -- but it seems really limiting in the speakers it will power.

Thanks!
post #5045 of 5121
Hey Dooley. Listened to the Polks today and decided on the A5's. I liked the A7's too but my listening area is a bit small. Top quality speakers the best I have ever owned and the most I have spent on audio! Cost me $1200AUD for the pair. Can't wait to pick them up on Tuseday! Yeah I wish the 1019 had preouts so i could join it with my Rotel A10.I like the 1019 as well.I am going to try the Polks with the 1019 as well just to see how it copes.But they are definitely going to live with the Rotel which is a great amp.
post #5046 of 5121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleyone View Post

Thanks Rinke. Please let me know what you think of the Polks. I'm seriously considering replacing the 1019 with pre-amp and amp or a better a/v receiver. I hate to do that because I like the 1019 -- and have finally figured out how to configure it -- but it seems really limiting in the speakers it will power.

Thanks!

It kind of has pre-outs (zone 2) but I know that is not what you are looking for.
post #5047 of 5121
Wish I had of thought more before buying the 1019. Its not bad but I just assumed it would have this feature. Yes you could use the zone 2 option but that would mean converting it to a line out etc.......
post #5048 of 5121
Rinke, congrats on the A5s. They look pretty sweet. It also looks like they are rather efficient speakers so should do well with the 1019. Let me know how they sound when you have them hooked up. How many speakers are you powering with the 1019?

I've decided to stick with my 1019 for now and I'm going to upgrade some other components first like my blueray player and try to find some very efficient speakers that the Pio can power. I'm thinking of the Tekton Lore's. They get great reviews and don't seem to need much power.

I do have a question for the board. This might seem rather basic but here goes. I'm going to upgrade my BD player. I currently have an LG BD570 and I'm going to get an Oppo BDP-103. The LG has worked fine for a couple of years but I'd like something better. My question is this. Right now I let the Pio 1019 do all of the audio and video decoding. It seems like the Pio is better at that than the LG blue ray player. But once I get the OPPO it seems like I should let that do the decoding and bitstream the audio. So, what are the best settings for the Pio considering I really only need it as an amp and the OPPO will do the rest.

I hope that made sense. You can probably tell I'm no expert with this!

Bmurray, the zone 2 feature is pretty cool. I don't use two zones at the moment but probably will at some point.

Thanks in advance for the help.
post #5049 of 5121
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurray716 View Post

It kind of has pre-outs (zone 2) but I know that is not what you are looking for.

Kind of a dumb question but what is the difference between the Speaker B setting and Zone 2????? Don't they both give you two extra (stereo) speakers???
post #5050 of 5121
I think speaker B is same signal that A is getting, and zone 2 is getting signal from different source than the main zone.
post #5051 of 5121
All, I have the 919 and absolutely love it. I picked this up on Ebay for a very nice price a couple years ago. I am not getting upgraditis and while I dont want the latest model, I do want an upgrade from the 919. But I am confused on what to get?

My wants: I want all the input options that the 919 offers...except that I would like a couple more HDMI...I like have the options of what I can connect.

I would think the 1019 would not offer much over the 919, but what about the 1020 or the 920? Or 1021 or 921?

Which models do I stay away from and which should I review?
post #5052 of 5121
^ bump
post #5053 of 5121
Dear Hkan,

May I have a copy of V1.056 firmware for VSX-1019AH? In the last 6 months, I experienced blue-screen or snow-screen without any audio problem. May this upgrade fixes those problems?

Thanks.
nickyto
post #5054 of 5121
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyto View Post

Dear Hkan,

May I have a copy of V1.056 firmware for VSX-1019AH? In the last 6 months, I experienced blue-screen or snow-screen without any audio problem. May this upgrade fixes those problems?

Thanks.
nickyto

+1
post #5055 of 5121
Did you guys try searching the thread for the firmware. Here, I did it for you.
See post 4982 on page 167.
post #5056 of 5121
Just bought this receiver, what kind of subwoofer do I need? My pioneer htp-071 sub won't work is there a way I can make a pre sub connector?
post #5057 of 5121
Not that I know of. Best thing to do is go get yourself a powered sub with a rca in jack. It is not just a case of connection as your sub is passive and the 1019 sends out a pre-amp out signal to the sub via the rca jack. Even better idea would be to save up and get yourself a good pair of front speakers, and then as finances allow begin adding speakers (i.e., sub, surrounds, center).
post #5058 of 5121
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurray716 View Post

Not that I know of. Best thing to do is go get yourself a powered sub with a rca in jack. It is not just a case of connection as your sub is passive and the 1019 sends out a pre-amp out signal to the sub via the rca jack. Even better idea would be to save up and get yourself a good pair of front speakers, and then as finances allow begin adding speakers (i.e., sub, surrounds, center).
I realy like this receiver but i'm not sure about making it my main theater system? my main system now is the htp071 5.1 system it supports 3d and 4k reselution not that i have eather. I've been using it for my gaming sxystem, my gaming tv is a Panasonic tc50pu54 and my main tv is a Panasonic tc60pu54. all i need is the powered sub I plan on using my Pioneer speakers that came with the htp071 aand my infinty surround speakers for the back. Which system would you use? have you heard of the affinity an801 theater system i found the whole system on craigs list for 50.00
post #5059 of 5121
Is there a 12volt source inside the receiver that I could connect a pc case fan into? Would be using this fan to ventilate my entertainment center cabinet.
post #5060 of 5121
Here's my new powered sub, how do I hook this up I think I have tried everything
post #5061 of 5121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk111 View Post

Here's my new powered sub, how do I hook this up I think I have tried everything
I figured it out, I bought a y adapter and all is good
post #5062 of 5121
Ok guys I went with this receiver for main system running 7.1 all infinity speakers, any tips on settings for best theater sound I would be extremely great full . I have my subwoofer volum set to half it's a 300 watt sub what Valium setting would you guys use.? Front, surround and back speakers are 150 watts center speaker is 200 watts at maximum frequency is 160-20000hs and sub is 35-250 hs sensitivity 92-3d sub is 87-3db
post #5063 of 5121
Hey guys I have a weird problem going on with my receiver and thought maybe some of you might be able to help me out. All of a sudden my receivers volume has been going up by itself. At first I thought it was the Harmony universal remote causing it so I shut it off and started using the original remote and it still does it. I then put all remotes away and used only the volume knob and it still wants to go up in volume all by itself without anyone touching the receiver. Do you know what could be causing it? Does the receiver need a firmware update and if so where would I find it and download it? I checked the Pioneer website and can't find out any info on this. Any help would be awesome because I really like the receiver and it has worked well for years!

Thanks,
Paul Kepner
post #5064 of 5121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk111 View Post

Ok guys I went with this receiver for main system running 7.1 all infinity speakers, any tips on settings for best theater sound I would be extremely great full . I have my subwoofer volum set to half it's a 300 watt sub what Valium setting would you guys use.? Front, surround and back speakers are 150 watts center speaker is 200 watts at maximum frequency is 160-20000hs and sub is 35-250 hs sensitivity 92-3d sub is 87-3db
What should I set the mcacc fine Chanel at and EQ settings at for these speakers? Any help would be awesome? I'm a noob with the high end...
post #5065 of 5121
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkepneriv View Post

Hey guys I have a weird problem going on with my receiver and thought maybe some of you might be able to help me out. All of a sudden my receivers volume has been going up by itself. At first I thought it was the Harmony universal remote causing it so I shut it off and started using the original remote and it still does it. I then put all remotes away and used only the volume knob and it still wants to go up in volume all by itself without anyone touching the receiver. Do you know what could be causing it? Does the receiver need a firmware update and if so where would I find it and download it? I checked the Pioneer website and can't find out any info on this. Any help would be awesome because I really like the receiver and it has worked well for years!

Thanks,
Paul Kepner

Not sure why that would be happening. Does it happen with different sources (i.e., dvd, cable box, etc.)? Might have to bring to a pioneer repair shop and let them diagnose. I don't think a firmware is going to help but you can always try. Just do a search on this thread and you should find it. Just be careful as if done wrong you could brick your avr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk111 View Post

What should I set the mcacc fine Chanel at and EQ settings at for these speakers? Any help would be awesome? I'm a noob with the high end...

Go to the beginning of the thread and in the first 4-5 pages there is a step by step procedure for running mcacc. If you have any specific questions, post back.
post #5066 of 5121
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurray716 View Post

Not sure why that would be happening. Does it happen with different sources (i.e., dvd, cable box, etc.)? Might have to bring to a pioneer repair shop and let them diagnose. I don't think a firmware is going to help but you can always try. Just do a search on this thread and you should find it. Just be careful as if done wrong you could brick your avr.
Go to the beginning of the thread and in the first 4-5 pages there is a step by step procedure for running mcacc. If you have any specific questions, post back.
I don't have the MCACC mic. I'm going to order one off amazon this week, is there a way to do a temp calibration until I receive the mic?
post #5067 of 5121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk111 View Post

I don't have the MCACC mic. I'm going to order one off amazon this week, is there a way to do a temp calibration until I receive the mic?
Ok quick question, I want the best sound for movies and games, should I go with the regular speaker set up or with the tower set up?
post #5068 of 5121
yeah, your gonna have to get the mic to do a cal. Nothing to do till you get one. Not sure what you mean by "regular" and "tower" unless your referring to tower being a cabinet with multiple speakers mounted in it in a vertical fashion. Probably best to post that in the speaker thread and see what they recommend but it really comes down to your room and what your trying to achieve, and budget. I have no experience with towers so can't help ya there. My system is mostly for watching movies and HD TV and some for listening to music and I am very happy with a typical 5.1 setup as my living room is on the small side. I had also a big waf to consider smile.gif
post #5069 of 5121
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurray716 View Post

yeah, your gonna have to get the mic to do a cal. Nothing to do till you get one. Not sure what you mean by "regular" and "tower" unless your referring to tower being a cabinet with multiple speakers mounted in it in a vertical fashion. Probably best to post that in the speaker thread and see what they recommend but it really comes down to your room and what your trying to achieve, and budget. I have no experience with towers so can't help ya there. My system is mostly for watching movies and HD TV and some for listening to music and I am very happy with a typical 5.1 setup as my living room is on the small side. I had also a big waf to consider smile.gif
Thanks for the reply, I bought the mic direct from pioneer should be here by Saturday or Monday, by tower i was talking about the front speakers that are tall. I'm running 7.1 and its really got the wow factor I can't wait to for the mic...
post #5070 of 5121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk111 View Post

Thanks for the reply, I bought the mic direct from pioneer should be here by Saturday or Monday, by tower i was talking about the front speakers that are tall. I'm running 7.1 and its really got the wow factor I can't wait to for the mic...
I've got the mic and I did a full auto calibration are there any other tricks to get more out of it? Also what exactly is the S.RTRV feature I noticed when I turn it on sometimes while watching a blueray it sounds a lot better?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The "Official" Pioneer VSX-1019AH Owner's Thread