or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The "Official" Pioneer VSX-1019AH Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The "Official" Pioneer VSX-1019AH Owner's Thread - Page 171

post #5101 of 5121

Hey all, long time lurker but I've signed up in hopes that someone can help me with a problem that's persisted ever since I got my VSX-1019.  I am unable to get picture when trying to send out a 1080P signal to the receiver on my Sony Blu-ray drive or my PS3.  720P or 1080i work fine and show a picture, but I get an unsupported signal when I try to do 1080P.  I've checked all my cables and have tried seemingly everything over the years to get it to work, but it never does.  I connect these devices directly to my Sony TV and they display beautifully in 1080P.  Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know a solution?  I love this little beast of a receiver, I just wish it wasn't bottlenecking me at 1080i!!!

post #5102 of 5121
Quote:
Originally Posted by grolt View Post

I am unable to get picture when trying to send out a 1080P signal to the receiver on my Sony Blu-ray drive or my PS3.  720P or 1080i work fine and show a picture, but I get an unsupported signal when I try to do 1080P.  I've checked all my cables and have tried seemingly everything over the years to get it to work, but it never does.  I connect these devices directly to my Sony TV and they display beautifully in 1080P.  Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know a solution?

Hi grolt, suggest trying new (or different brand) HDMI cables for inputs and output on the receiver. Also try turning off "Deep Color" found under Display or Screen Settings on the PS3 and Sony BD player.
post #5103 of 5121

You are a god among men.  Disabling Deep Color did it.  Now I feel like a fool...but a fool that can play Blu-rays in 1080P.  Thanks so much.

post #5104 of 5121
Ok, I have a question for you guys. I am not sure that it will end up 1019 specific, but it could come down to a setting. I am using my 1019 to power an outdoor theater. I have 5 surround speakers being powered by the 1019 and had a passive subwoofer laying around that I wanted to use and I thought I could use and older Onkyo AVR to power it. I was wondering what was the best way to hook up the two receivers? I've tried several ways with no success. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is a drawing in case I am not clear:


Edited by triumphrider74 - 11/15/13 at 11:04am
post #5105 of 5121
well, I know others have posted earlier asking the same/similar so you may want to search this thread for responses but from memory, I think about the only way is to use the zone b out to the second receiver. However, this is going to send the full range signal to the sub (maybe not an issue if the sub has its own built in crossover).
post #5106 of 5121
Does anyone know if I can use a Pioneer SP-99D with multichannel input of the VSX1019AHK? I currently I have it set up but no sound is coming out so I am wondering what I need to do to fix this or do I have to get an Amplifier or something else?
post #5107 of 5121

Hi All, 

 

I'm a complete newbie to the forum and to audio for that matter!  I do, however, have a question.

 

I have a VSX-1019 that I use for my normal surround sound movie watching...my setup is very basic.   I would like to start upgrading the system to something with a little more quality and my plan is to purchase new speakers and a power amplifier.

 

Should I do so, is my existing VSX-1019 compatible with power amplifiers, or would I also need a new receiver?

 

If it is compatible, what connections do I use to run from the VSX to the amp? 

 

 

Thanks for humoring my silly question :) :)

post #5108 of 5121
Anyone know how I can fiddle with the input settings in the menu if I don't have the remote? I need to rename some of the inputs and I have some that are set to skip on the input selector that I want to "unskip". I have a logitech harmony one, but can't seem to setup an activity that will let me manipulate the menu. I can get into the home menu, but can get anywhere after that.
post #5109 of 5121
try this :connect multichannel "out" from player to multichannel "in" in receiver, then select multichannel with input selector on receiver ( this is how i have my dvd/cd/dvd-audio player connected ) , hope it helps...
post #5110 of 5121

Hey, might any of you Pioneer wizards out there know how I can program the VSX-1019AH remote to control my Panasonic Laser Disc player?  Its model number is Panasonic LX-H170, the VSX manual does list a couple LD players, but unfortunately none from Panasonic (surprising, since they were a big name in LD).  I no longer have the original remote for my LD, so I was really hoping the VSX could be programmed to control my LD player.  I've tried all Panasonic codes for every device in the remote code manual...any other suggestions?

post #5111 of 5121

Another question...is it only possible to change the upscaling aspect ratio (in the VIDEO PARAMETER settings) for the VIDEO input?  I don't seem to be able to do it for any other input, forcing me to route both my VCR and my LD player through the same input.

post #5112 of 5121
super audio listening provided by Sony and Pioneer...


.....in my latest setup.
post #5113 of 5121
My VSX-919 has just started acting strangely. Up until the last week the following had never occurred and there has been no changes to my home theater system hardware. Both my Harmony remote (when using it to either power on an activity or just the tv) and the Sony TV remote now are turning on/off my VSX-919. I tried to reflash the firmware in the hope that it might help (I had successfully done this previously to correct the issue with the remote control not working), but kept receiving a "file error" message. Ant thoughts on what might be the issue here would be greatly appreciated.
post #5114 of 5121

New owner here so forgive the newb question.  How the heck do you just adjust the volume for one speaker?  I would really like our center channel to be louder and the sub woofer to be softer.  Watching TV after our kids are in bed shakes the house with that woofer now and you have to turn it up very high to hear the dialog.  Just having a hard time making simple adjustments like that with this new receiver.

post #5115 of 5121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Milner View Post

New owner here so forgive the newb question.  How the heck do you just adjust the volume for one speaker?  I would really like our center channel to be louder and the sub woofer to be softer.  Watching TV after our kids are in bed shakes the house with that woofer now and you have to turn it up very high to hear the dialog.  Just having a hard time making simple adjustments like that with this new receiver.

One way to do it on my 919 is to go into home menu. advanced mcacc. manual mcacc. eq adjust.
From there choose the channel you like to adjust and turn the 'trim' up or down..
post #5116 of 5121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Milner View Post

New owner here so forgive the newb question.  How the heck do you just adjust the volume for one speaker?  I would really like our center channel to be louder and the sub woofer to be softer.  Watching TV after our kids are in bed shakes the house with that woofer now and you have to turn it up very high to hear the dialog.  Just having a hard time making simple adjustments like that with this new receiver.

An easier way is to use the remote and press the CH Level button on the remote....to easy.
post #5117 of 5121

Thanks, guys.  I'll give those a try tonight at home.  Appreciate the help!

post #5118 of 5121

I've had a VSX-1019AH from about five years, and have been very happy with it so far. But recently I have been having a problem with it.
I'm trying to send video from my PC (using HDMI out from my Asus GTX770 graphics card) through my receiver to my Vizio M501d-a2r TV. But the TV is indicating the video signal it is getting from my receiver is 1920x1079, and the image on my TV is the tight pattern of horizontal lines that you can barely make out my PC desktop. I've removed my receiver from the equation, plugging the HDMI cable directly from my PC to the TV, and the image is back to being 1920x1080 with no visual problems. I have also tried different input devices through my receiver and the signal works fine. I've tried adjusting the resolution on my PC, and if I drop it down to 1768x992, the next lowest resolution my PC will allow, and the TV recognizes the signal as 1080i, and the image looks normal. But running my video at 1080i is obviously a less than desirable solution. Can anyone help with how to correct this issue?

post #5119 of 5121

Hello,

 

I have an Xtreamer Pro media player from where I watch all my movies from.  This is connected to my VSX-1019AH via a HDMI port.  In the last two days I've gone to watch two movies and although the video plays there is no sound.  On the media player, I'm able to adjust settings for audio to DTS 2 channels and the sound works, obviously not surround sound. All other movies work fine.  What I am trying to determine is if this is a limitation of the media player or the receiver?

 

Any help is appreciated!

 

Thanks!

post #5120 of 5121

I use WDLive, and there I just setup digital audio to "passthrough" letting the receiver to do all decoding. I would not rely on a player to be able to decode DTSHD-MA or other high bitrate streams.

post #5121 of 5121
Quote:
Originally Posted by rntaboy View Post

I've had a VSX-1019AH from about five years, and have been very happy with it so far. But recently I have been having a problem with it.

I'm trying to send video from my PC (using HDMI out from my Asus GTX770 graphics card) through my receiver to my Vizio M501d-a2r TV. But the TV is indicating the video signal it is getting from my receiver is 1920x1079, and the image on my TV is the tight pattern of horizontal lines that you can barely make out my PC desktop. I've removed my receiver from the equation, plugging the HDMI cable directly from my PC to the TV, and the image is back to being 1920x1080 with no visual problems. I have also tried different input devices through my receiver and the signal works fine. I've tried adjusting the resolution on my PC, and if I drop it down to 1768x992, the next lowest resolution my PC will allow, and the TV recognizes the signal as 1080i, and the image looks normal. But running my video at 1080i is obviously a less than desirable solution. Can anyone help with how to correct this issue?

Just from memory, I believe the pio avr will only pass up to 720p (1080i is lower res than 720p). It will not pass 1080p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdez1975 View Post

Hello,

I have an Xtreamer Pro media player from where I watch all my movies from.  This is connected to my VSX-1019AH via a HDMI port.  In the last two days I've gone to watch two movies and although the video plays there is no sound.  On the media player, I'm able to adjust settings for audio to DTS 2 channels and the sound works, obviously not surround sound. All other movies work fine.  What I am trying to determine is if this is a limitation of the media player or the receiver?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

As the other poster noted, it is generally preferable to send the signal as bitstream from the source and allow the pio avr to do the decoding. However, now that the pio avr is getting a little long in the tooth, there may be situations where you have a format that the source device can decode that the pio avr cannot. Really doesn't matter from a pq standpoint what device does the decoding (usually). One nice feature of when the pio avr does the decoding is that it indicates this on the display and that is more satisfying and better eye candy smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The "Official" Pioneer VSX-1019AH Owner's Thread