Originally Posted by sweetbobbyo
I am having the same problem with my Samsung BD-P2500 (the one with pandora and netflix) while trying to watch True Blood. The enhanced viewing PIP screen is driving me crazy. I tried turning off screen messages, but that did nothing. Any other suggestions short of buying a new Blu Ray player?
Hi - I have a BD-P2500 as well and was experiencing this problem. I tried turning off "Screen Messages" as well but that did not resolve the issue so I turned them back on. I think I have discovered a "dirty fix" until the firmware is next updated (I have the most up to date version now).
1) Put in disc and wait for main menu was usual.
2) Click "Episodes" and find episode # you wish to watch.
3) Click "Play WITH Enhanced View." The episode will start.
4) As it starts, hit "Pop-Up Menu" button on your remote.
5) Go to Features and under "Enhanced View," "On" should be selected. Select "Off"
6) Pop-up picture-in-picture should not activate for the remainder of the episode.
That's it. Somehow starting it in "enhanced" and then turning it off manually fixes the issue in a way that starting it with enhanced off doesn't. Which really doesn't make sense but whatever.
Let me know if you try this and it does/doesn't work. I've watched the first 3 episodes so far and it seems to work. Note, you'll need to repeat this process for each episode you watch (including if you STOP playback during an episode).