1. Buy a harddrive. I Installed a 1TB 7200RPM Green Seagate (uses low power) because its what I had in my house.
2. Download a copy of Gparted http://gparted.sourceforge.net/
burn the ISO to cd. I use image burn its free and no
3. Ok if you have a desktop unhook the drives in your computer and hookup the new one that your going to install.
4. Format the drive to Linux EXT3 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext3
-Now this part will take a long time so just go and
5. After the drive is done formatting you will need to open (Unplug the DVR) the Samsung H-3270. You will need secure
torx bit (T-10H) which is like a normal torx bit with a hole in the center. You can get an awesome security bit set on
Amazon for 6 bucks, but I got mine at harbor freight when I had to change out the hard drive on my xbox. You will need a
phillips to get the smaller harddrive out.
6. After you have formated the drive and installed it power the box on and you will get an error HD Failure ignore this.
7. Enter diagnostics by holding [Vol+] and [INFO] simultaneously on the front panel for about 10 seconds, then release.
Go to extended diag. > diagnostics and now it ask you for a password mine was "time (8763)" as in time warner, enter this
with the numeric key pad. (YES IT WORKED). It has stayed as time.
8. Now Pick 01 Format Harddrive (yes you already formatted it but this also partitions it too.)
9. Now that this is done reboot the DVR box and wait! This part takes a awhile.
10.Next it will install the applications at actually run the box.