Originally Posted by matryx
I'm not sure what lip sync is but I think I'm having some problems as well. I'm using the PS3 and is connected with HDMI to the receiver. The video and audio keeps flickering on and off randomly. I was playing some games and the screen goes blank and the audio gets cut off and comes back on in like 1-4 secs. It's happening a lot more now I'm not sure why. I think I'm going to go return it when my Yamaha RXV665 comes in.
Lip sync has to do with the audio and video frames not matching up correctly, while your issue is most likely an HDMI handshake issue the PS3 is having with your TV as the PS3 generally doesn't have any issues with Denon AVRs
. There are a couple options you can try:
(1) First, while the game is playing, disconnect the HDMI cable from the back of the PS3, wait a minute, and then reconnect. This most likely will resolve your problem, although possibly not permanently beyond that single instance. If not, try the next step.
(2) HDMI reset.
1. While all HDMI devices are on, disconnect HDMI cable from TV
2. Turn off power to all devices (not in standby)
3. Disconnect all HDMI feeds at both ends [NOTE where they go back]
4. Wait 2 minutes
5. Reconnect all HDMI cables
6. Apply power to TV, then AVR, then HDMI devices
If the above doesn't work, try swapping out or replacing the HDMI cable to the TV as well as the HDMI device having the issue.